Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dreaming of Debbie
Topic Summary: We spoke to the 75-year-old icon about her upcoming tour, her endless optimism, and why nice girls finish first
Created On: 03/01/2021 04:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/01/2021 04:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Dreaming of Debbie
We spoke to the 75-year-old icon about her upcoming tour, her endless optimism, and why nice girls finish first
Written By Liza Lentini March 1 2021, 10:00 AM ET

https://www.spin.com/featured/...O8LLoBnVGW6asBE-H0FCOs
 03/01/2021 08:38 PM

johnnyboy

There is a reference to Shirley from Garbage. I am a fan. Shirley was interviewed about staying power and keeping music fresh and she said she had to learn that she was actually an artist. She and the band slogged it out for so long that they thought of themselves as just people struggling in the music scene. It's clear she was helped by Deborah Harry. That view of yourself as artist allowed her to be an artist and part of the art being made. To appreciate others art. To contribute. Deborah Harry is doing an album at 76. My mom is 76 and shes doing publix and tv. The author is right. Blondie's an icon. She's so effortlessly cool that her strength and resilience shine through.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/02/2021 04:36 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

She's so effortlessly cool that her strength and resilience shine through.
jb

Very well said and so very true.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/02/2021 06:14 AM

Central Floridave

I saw the last Blondie/Garbage tour in orlando a couple years ago. It was really good. Both bands were tight. I was surprised to see Blondie's energy being that they are in their 70s. Blondies main energy comes from their drummer. He is really good and keeps it going. Debbie Harry was noticeably older but still rocked it. I'd go see them again. Garbage was really good. Shirley Manson is a great front women singer and entertaining. Stupid Girl!
 03/02/2021 12:27 PM

johnnyboy

No one is ever going to steal Shirley's lunch money. She's a force of nature. Huge smart ass with the perfect accent for it. I think it would be fun to watch her get hit on just to see her destroy any chance or hope for the stupid effort. Both have a beauty that comes from hard times. Refined.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .