Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Phill Steele's 2022 Preseason Top 40
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/14/2022 07:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/14/2022 07:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Phill Steele's 2022 Preseason Top 40

1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Georgia
4 Clemson
5 Michigan
6 Utah
7 Notre Dame
8 Oklahoma
9 Texas A&M
10 Oregon
11 Pitt
12 Miami
13 NC State
14 Baylor
15 Oklahoma State
16 USC
17 UCF
18 Texas
19 Wisconsin
20 Iowa
21 UAB
22 Penn State
23 Michigan State
24 Wake Forest
25 Cincinnati
26 BYU
27 Tennessee
28 UCLA
29 Air Force
30 Ole Miss
31 Boise State
32 Florida
33 Louisville
34 Houston
35 Kentucky
36 Arkansas
37 Minnesota
38 Kansas State
39 Appalachian State
40 Fresno State
 07/15/2022 06:40 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Every damn year I marvel at how these guys love Norte Dame and give them such a high ranking. Texas A and M 9? With that recruiting class? It seems like this is nostalgic for s time when the SEC was not this dominant.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/16/2022 08:58 AM

Central Floridave

#17 is out of the ordinary though!
 07/16/2022 09:51 PM

whitey

Joined Forum: 12/03/2011

Notre was preseason ranked last year at #21 and finished #8 and only lost to a #6 Ok State by 2 in Fiesta 37-35.
 07/17/2022 09:04 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: whitey

Notre was preseason ranked last year at #21 and finished #8 and only lost to a #6 Ok State by 2 in Fiesta 37-35.

They played 2 teams that were ranked when ND played them .... and lost both games.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 07/17/2022 02:38 PM

Central Floridave

Plus lost the head coach. I never understand why ND gets all this special attention. Maybe they will be good this year. We don't know. New head coach though. Usually some bumps and bruises with a new head coach. Should be a fun season coming up. I ain't watching golf in the meantime.

I just get a giggle thinking of what UCF looks like sandwiched between USC and Texas. Btw, Texas will be visiting UCF for 2023/2024 season before jetting to the SEC.

It's Phil Steele, he does a lot of research. Interviews every coach. I'm sure the AP and Coach poll won't have UCF in the top 25 preseason, Those people get lazy on their research and just plug in the 'blue bloods'.... But the mighty gators will be in their polls...they got a new coach...somehow they will be a top 25 team come preseason. I'm not a gator hater. I like the team and pull for them, just find their fans annoying. Sort of how lblarry finds me annoying.... However, I come with scoreboard facts rather than delusions that UCF can't be a great football team.

I love saying this and repeating it often to shatter people's myths...The last time UCF played Bama, Georgia, Auburn, AND the Gators...UCF won.

NFL should be pretty good this year as well. Summer practice for both college and NFL starts soon.

07/17/2022 03:55 PM

Central Floridave

College Football Top 131 Team Rankings for 2022
STEVEN LASSANJUL 14, 2022

https://athlonsports.com/colle...131-team-rankings-2022
 07/17/2022 10:03 PM

whitey

They beat a #5 Baylor early in the season which was one of the L's. I would say #8 is a pretty good season! Where did UCF and Miami end up?
 07/18/2022 04:41 AM

LBLarry

They beat a #5 Baylor early in the season which was one of the L's. I would say #8 is a pretty good season! Where did UCF and Miami end up?

ND has not played Baylor since 1998!

Show me where I touted The U's season?

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

07/18/2022 06:58 AM

Central Floridave

2021 UCF finished 9-4 beating Gators in the bowl game. UCF first year coach for Gus Malzhan. We went through mega-injuries with 9 starters out by game 3 or 4 (forget). Had to start a freshman qb who was serviceable. Dillon Gabriel our #1 qb who got hurt transfered to Oklahoma and now is getting nods for preseason heismen.

2022 UCF returns many players, coaching staff stays stable and had the greatest recruiting class and impactful transfers coming in from Florida, Auburn, and Bama.

UCF is going to be formidable in 2022. A favorable schedule with Louisville and GaTech coming to UCF. Cinci has to come to UCF this year as well. Cinci of course made the 4 team playoff last year but loses a ton of players. However, heard they had a great recruiting and transfers as well.

This is a transitional year for UCF as 2023 we will be playing in the Big 12 conference.

With that said, with any preseason, everyone is undefeated and everyone is going to be great! UCF can shake things up by going undefeated and probably will be favored in most of the games this year.

I really think it would be a great story line if Gus Malzhan can get UCF into the 4 game playoff like Cinci last year. Afterall, Gus is the only other coach that has beaten Nick Saban 3 times and also UCF is 1-0 all time against Bama. Others, probably wouldn't want to see it happen, there are the haters out there on UCF football. Fortunately we relish in it all and UCF has adopted the phrase, 'the future of college football'.

If I step back though and take off the black-n-gold goggles, I think UCF may lose a game or two, but with the goggles on I think we go undefeated and all the way!

(sorry for grammar problems, multi-tasking and hopped up on coffee).

07/18/2022 07:21 AM

whitey

Was talking about OK State playing Baylor twice. They beat Baylor 24-14 and then lost to them. Baylor ended up ranked #5. The other loss was a last second goal line stand against Iowa State 24-21. You brought up Ok State being weak. Was just a ? not trying to rag on the U! Alot more hate on the Irish on here and everywhere. Notre has had some good teams. Not great! They get smoked against the top ranked teams every year. They open against Ohio State which will probally be a loss. 0-1 going suck to start.
 07/18/2022 07:43 AM

Central Floridave

That's a tough way to start a season!

Notre Dame Losing to Cinci last year propelled them into the playoffs.

Will be an interesting year. With all the NIL and transfer rules do we really know what we are getting? Baylor's starting Qb from last year transferred to USF over in tampa. He may improve that team somewhat. They need to improve badly though. No Div 1 wins in 3 years. Ok, maybe one, I forget on that as well.

State Teams:
FIU, probably gonna suck again
FAU, Coach Willie Taggart needs improvement
Miami, New coach Cristobal a natural fit. Ex Cane player and coach that got FIU good then Oregon under Willie Taggart before taking over.
Gators, New coach Napier. Hit the refresh button
FSU, Wait and see on them.
USF, in the dumps, and new coach Jeff Scott took over right before pandemic and set them back. From Clemson.
UCF, Probably gonna be pretty good this year.

07/18/2022 08:05 AM

LBLarry

Was talking about OK State playing Baylor twice. They beat Baylor 24-14 and then lost to them. Baylor ended up ranked #5. The other loss was a last second goal line stand against Iowa State 24-21. You brought up Ok State being weak. Was just a ? not trying to rag on the U! Alot more hate on the Irish on here and everywhere. Notre has had some good teams. Not great! They get smoked against the top ranked teams every year. They open against Ohio State which will probally be a loss. 0-1 going suck to start.

good grief!! let me rephrase my post in an effort for you to understand.

During the 2021 football season, ND played a grand total of 2 teams, that were ranked at the time that ND played them, and LOST both games.

Edited: 07/18/2022 at 08:07 AM by LBLarry
 07/18/2022 09:50 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

To answer your question, Dave (I never understand why ND gets all this special attention.) Because tere are 70M Catolics in te US. (Same reason tey et all te special attention in te Supreme Court.) I despise sanctimonious, ypocritical ND.

(Sorry about te missin letters, my kybd is dyin. New laptop on order!)
 07/18/2022 10:57 AM

johnnyboy

It was the only time I rooted for FSU last year, when they ALMOST beat ND.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/18/2022 12:09 PM

whitey

Glad I could stir it up for U. You are right I was thinking Wisconsin was ranked AT THE TIME THEY PLAYED THEM when they beat them 41-13. They were only ranked at begining of season. Almost! Where did the Gators end up at?

Edited: 07/18/2022 at 02:54 PM by whitey
 07/18/2022 04:57 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: whitey Where did the Gators end up at?
where we always do....in the Swamp
 07/19/2022 10:13 AM

Central Floridave

LOL...

Who here really thinks #6 Utah Utes are going to come in to da swamp for the first game on Sept 3rd and beat da gators.

eh...It's gonna be 110 heat index and full of screaming people. Utah is gonna melt.

07/19/2022 11:00 AM

johnnyboy

The Gators ended in infamy. I believe they are ranked appropriately right now. They have a lot of building and some lucky breaks to catch if they want to be able to compete with the newly minted jealous mistress recruits.

07/19/2022 01:17 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Pre-swamp used to be even worse in Sept wen it was artificial turf. It was like playin on a stove; came rit tru my cleats.
FORUMS : NPNR : Phill Steele's 2022 Preseason Top 40

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .