Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Health First, , , , , WTF ??
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2022 02:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2022 02:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Not me, , , , , this is a post from Nextdoor

I saw recently where someone had posted that Health First had removed Dentists from their list of approved medical folks. I would like to add to this Health First debacle - - I just got a bill from Health First saying that a recent blood draw I had was not covered, even though I went to a Health First facility and have Health First Insurance. One of the items that was not covered was INSERTION OF NEEDLE INTO VEIN! Has anyone ever seen this before? How can you have a blood draw without the insertion of a needle? It just struck me as sort of ludicrous LOL

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 02/09/2022 at 07:04 AM by dingpatch
 02/08/2022 02:39 PM

Bamboo

Warning - reading the itemized bill is not good for your health.

Seriously, i get it. Between the hospitals, insurance, and the billing games it is absolutely nuts.

Getting something as simple as a few stitches for a minor wound can result in a bill for several thousand but the insurance only pays $300 bucks and suddenly everybody is happy.

Ludicrous indeed.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 02/08/2022 05:58 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

De-dentists?
 02/09/2022 05:19 AM

FloridianSoul

Joined Forum: 12/17/2007

Yep. My wife and I own a dental practice and it's true. In order for the Healthfirst patient to be able to use their dental benefit, the dentist now has to accept a terrible fee-schedule from Healthfirst and be deemed "in network". Healthfirst is making no allowance for seeing an "out of network" provider. The end result is that if the dentist is good enough to be busy, there is no way they are going to accept such terrible reimbursement for their services. My wife is good enough to be busy, so luckily we did not have to accept the fee schedule, however the downside is that some patients do leave. In conclusion some there are some things in life you don't want to "get a good deal on" (tattoos for example). Our healthcare system would be truly transformed if people had more skin in the game and could better understand the concept that "you get what you pay for"!

"If you love NY, take I-95 north"
 02/09/2022 05:28 AM

FloridianSoul

If you want more information about a private practice that will treat you like a human and treats our team like humans, below is our website. We are willing to offer a special deal to any 2ndlighters only (100 posts or more). PM me if you're interested. CoralFamilyDentistry.com

02/09/2022 05:34 AM

scombrid

My dentist is cash and carry. She doesn't fuck with "insurance". It isn't insurance when it is just somebody else paying for your care anyway. This idea of employer provided insurance is fucking stupid across the board when it is paying for basic care. That's like having your property insurance replace a worn out roof.

02/09/2022 06:47 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

https://coralfamilydentistry.com/

Health First use to be a county centric insurance and hospitals. But, it has been bought out a few times and the local people who started it all are long gone. Wealth First is a good nickname.
 02/09/2022 12:15 PM

FloridianSoul

Originally posted by: scombrid My dentist is cash and carry. She doesn't fuck with "insurance". It isn't insurance when it is just somebody else paying for your care anyway. This idea of employer provided insurance is fucking stupid across the board when it is paying for basic care. That's like having your property insurance replace a worn out roof.
Smart of her. We are headed that same way. We will file the patients insurance as a courtesy and the patients just end up paying a small out of pocket expense to have the choice of who they want to see. Great way to do it Totally agree regarding Health Insurance in general. We actually used a combination of Medi-Share and Direct Primary Care to provide our employees healthcare. It's significantly less expensive, offers on demand appointments, has a low deductible and gives free choice of providers. What more could you ask for? The only catch is that you've got to pay the medical bills before Medi-Share will reimburse you, so it could be a cashflow issue for some people or businesses.

02/09/2022 02:30 PM

Bamboo

Dr. Emily is my dentist and I am happy with her and the the staff at Coral Dentistry.

I was a Dr. Lowe patient when she took the practice over and was hoping the new doc was going to be good and indeed she is.

Next time I go in I'll tell her that you said I get a big discount!!! Thanks!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 02/09/2022 at 02:37 PM by Bamboo
 02/09/2022 04:04 PM

FloridianSoul

Bamboo, thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your support and trust! Come say hi next time you have an appointment! I'm there in the office about half the time. Steve

02/10/2022 07:43 AM

FloridianSoul

Dr Emily gave her blessing on this, so come get it before it's gone. For 2ndlighters, if you make an appointment with us for a cleaning/exam, we will give the first 5 people to call and schedule their choice of a $100 gift certificate to either CoreSurf or Flohana. This helps us to get new patients in the door and helps support local surf shops as well! Call and schedule with Stacy at 321 459-2022 and tell her your screenname and for which shop you would like to receive the gift certificate! Gift Certificate will be given to you after payment is taken for the exam and cleaning of course

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .