Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Seaspiracy on Netflix
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/22/2021 12:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2021 12:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Great watch..encourage everyone to watch it...to save the Ocean the main point is to LEAVE IT ALONE and stop eating all seafood...what???...darn...Ok, shifting to Plant Strong.

Edited: 04/23/2021 at 05:26 AM by SurferMic
 04/22/2021 01:18 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I was oblivious. I quit buying Costco salmon and I won't buy mass fish. I thought i was eating healthier. And then I'm reminded about how cows, chickens and pigs live in abysmal, filthy conditions while pumped with steroids, hormones snd who knows what else. I don't want to give up things like grilled chicken, steak, pulled pork and bacon but I can't eat the frozen fish now either. I may start the slow healthy limp to vegetarianism.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/22/2021 03:16 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

The only problem is land animals are not much better, probably actually worse for climate change as the farms used to be forests with trees that actually help clean the air. I believe the folks behind this documentary made one before that suggested vegan over land animals. My take is anything is OK in moderation but when I do purchase fish or steak I try to seek out the upper end of the market ( e.g. natural market like whole foods or locally caught fish market ), as I believe that comes from better sourcing ( but really don't know ), and I believe the worst is cheap processed stuff like Walmart which I 100% avoid - not only are there products crap but they get from the cheapest source which often adds lengthy cargo transportation which again environment. The real problem - as with most everything nowdays - is that it all comes down to profitability and minimizing cost at no matter what cost to humanity / environment. Until we change that the rest is just details, but yes this was very sad to hear about how bad the situation is

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

04/23/2021 05:22 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Sushi, sashimi and bacon will be the hardest to "give up" just plain California rolls or something similar, and no more pork...Going to try to only eat fish I can catch which will not be an impact because I suck at fishing and can't get much more than a whiting, pomp or sheepshead.

Edited: 04/23/2021 at 08:59 AM by SurferMic
 04/23/2021 06:28 AM

johnnyboy

It's ironic that the more we are learning with the internet and cell phone footage, the more we cannot let it continue. I am at the stage where my guilt makes me change but I have not done a consistent plant based diet. I think I need to watch food inc again.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/23/2021 06:34 AM

Cole

I quit beef and pork 20 or so years ago just to see if I could and after awhile, you lose the taste for them. Bacon was the most difficult, but now it tastes like fried oil. I still eat poultry and try to find the most humane, but that can be difficult because I spend almost everyday on the road and making food every single morning is unrealistic for someone like me. Fish is my favorite food and I only eat what I catch, but I do buy wild caught seafood on occasion.

The company I worked for used to service fish farms and when I say you should skip on them, I ain't joking. The fish have open sores, some are blind, some swim at 40 degree angles and some are deformed. If you caught these things in nature, you would be afraid to touch it, much less cook and eat it.

I am enjoying the fake beef stuff because it's easy to season, but I'm sure some horror story will come out about it soon, but until then I'll keep at it.

Dairy is my problem. I love cheese, but I work around dairy farms and see the disgusting reality of it's issues in things like veal farms. Looking at adorable baby cows in tiny cages under the blazing sun is unnerving at best. If anyone knows of a sustainable and non cruel dairy, let me know.

I was right.

Edited: 04/23/2021 at 10:20 AM by Cole
 04/23/2021 10:01 AM

johnnyboy

I am eating Cheerios with oat milk in the morning and using almond milk for cream it be coffee. It's one meal I can handle. Now working on lunch. Then dinner.

04/23/2021 10:24 AM

Cole

I moved to black coffee a few years ago because the milk based creamer products were hurting my stomach and I didn't like the Almond stuff. Now I no longer like the taste of cream in coffee. Go figure. We humans sure are strange things.

I was right.
 04/28/2021 09:02 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I'm not giving up on sea food. I'm doing my part to make sure those sea critters didn't die in vain
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .