Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tennessee Volunteers poaches UCF AD and Head Coach
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2021 06:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2021 06:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

UT hired our great AD Danny White last week and now they taking Head Coach Heupel as well. Ugh...
 01/27/2021 07:27 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Between those, multiple players booted last season, the inconsistent performances, and KZ transfer, you have to wonder if crap is falling apart there.

Some of it is obviously growing pains for a young program, with the pressure magnified after 2017's perfect season.

They'll have to get some solid, experienced leadership to get on the right track long-term. Too bad the timing occurred so close to soring practice.

I wonder if there's some back-channel talk to get Scott Frost back. He would be a quick fit with his knowledge of the university administration and the football program. Who knows how much longer Nebraska will keep him...
 01/27/2021 08:22 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

CentoDavo ..... Look on the brightside !!

I am sure that being the outspoken critic of the undue influence of the "Power 5" conferences and their domination of the CFP, that Ol Danny White has been .... he will work very, very hard to correct that ..... now that he left UCF so fast he burned rubber, to a Power 5 school.

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/27/2021 12:23 PM

Central Floridave

I was expecting Danny White to go to duke. His dad just announced his retirement from being the duke ad. Now DW is the highest paid AD in the SEC at 1.8 mil a year. He got a 800,000 raise. Wowsa.

Randy Shannon is interim UCf head coach now. New chapter for UCF.

Edited: 01/27/2021 at 12:24 PM by Central Floridave
 01/28/2021 09:52 AM

Greensleeves

What's the payoff to a school for having a top AD? UCF must have done a cost benefit analysis on paying him more.

It's about $ right?
 01/29/2021 01:25 PM

johnnyboy

I think Tennessee is just snake bit. It's just their culture of failure. I don't think they will give him enough time and kick him out too soon.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/04/2021 08:08 AM

Central Floridave

UCF has not hired a new AD or even mentioned a new head coach yet...But, Orlando Sentinel says we did great in recruiting on National Signing Day:

UCF (A)
What a difference two months makes. The Knights' recruiting class was ranked No. 61 in December, but after the departure of head coach Josh Heupel to Tennessee, in stepped major recruiter Dillon Gabriel. The Knights' sophomore quarterback lured four-star receiver Titus Mokiao-Atimalala from Ewa Beach James Campbell High in Hawaii. The Knights also signed Zyin Thomas of Delray Beach Atlantic on Wednesday and ended up with the No. 55 recruiting class in the country. UCF also already had signed Arizona quarterback Mikey Keene, who is on campus. UCF, which was in the bottom 10 among all FBS teams in defense last season, addressed some needs by adding five defensive backs, four defensive linemen and two linebackers. UCF also addressed the need for more receivers by adding four.
 02/04/2021 09:28 AM

CurtisEflush

I wish Heupel and White as much success at Tennessee as Scott Frost has enjoyed in Nebraska.
 02/04/2021 03:07 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

UCF has not hired a new AD or even mentioned a new head coach yet...But, Orlando Sentinel says we did great in recruiting on National Signing Day:

UCF (A)

What a difference two months makes. The Knights' recruiting class was ranked No. 61 in December, but after the departure of head coach Josh Heupel to Tennessee, in stepped major recruiter Dillon Gabriel. The Knights' sophomore quarterback lured four-star receiver Titus Mokiao-Atimalala from Ewa Beach James Campbell High in Hawaii. The Knights also signed Zyin Thomas of Delray Beach Atlantic on Wednesday and ended up with the No. 55 recruiting class in the country. UCF also already had signed Arizona quarterback Mikey Keene, who is on campus. UCF, which was in the bottom 10 among all FBS teams in defense last season, addressed some needs by adding five defensive backs, four defensive linemen and two linebackers. UCF also addressed the need for more receivers by adding four.

Well, I suppose it is better than dropping to the #67 ranked recruiting class.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

02/05/2021 01:12 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush I wish Heupel and White as much success at Tennessee as Scott Frost has enjoyed in Nebraska.
Salty snail you are lmao
 02/14/2021 06:39 PM

Central Floridave

UCF offers head football coaching job to Gus Malzahn ...www.orlandosentinel.com

3 mins ago - Malzahn, 55, spent the past eight seasons as coach at Auburn, where he led the Tigers to a 68-35 (60%) overall record and a 39-27 mark in the SEC. He was fired on Dec. 13 following a 6-4 campaign and a third-place finish in the SEC West.
 02/15/2021 06:45 PM

Central Floridave

02/16/2021 09:59 AM

Central Floridave

Cast Out of the SEC, Gus Malzahn May Be an Ideal Match for UCF
If the former Auburn coach succeeds big in Orlando, the Tigers (and Tennessee) will be sure to notice.
PAT FORDE

https://www.si.com/college/202...X6ymue25BWon1cnYJ3LEs8
 02/16/2021 10:43 AM

Central Floridave

First game of season, Sept 4th Boise State at UCF. Got tix?

I like UCF's hire. High profile coach with tons of experience and relatively young (55). I think we got the better coach than Auburn and Tennessee does now. But, time will tell.

Go Knights!
 02/17/2021 06:46 AM

Central Floridave

02/17/2021 01:21 PM

Central Floridave

Defense Coordinator:

02/18/2021 08:05 AM

CurtisEflush

Expensive buyout, but maybe time for a change.

https://www.orlandosentinel.co...ypr77v7tupu-story.html

UCF defensive coordinator Randy Shannon's current contract with the Knights runs through 2022 and includes a steep buyout, according to records obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

Shannon signed a two-year deal in February that keeps him under contract through Jan. 31, 2022. The agreement had not previously been reported. If the school were to fire him without cause, UCF would owe him 100% of his $1 million base salary.

UCF is coming off a 6-4 season that saw its defense take a significant step backward. The Knights finished the year ranked No. 123 in total defense out of 127 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision after surrendering 33 points and 491 yards per game. That's down from the previous year when the team was No. 32 in total defense after allowing 23 points and 346 yards per game.

During two of four losses this season, UCF held double-digit leads only to see the Knights disappear after halftime. The loss to BYU in the Boca Raton Bowl was the worst since the team lost to Michigan in 2016.

It's enough to push some in the fan base to call for a change at defensive coordinator.

But the defensive unit suffered a significant amount of attrition in 2020, including losing starting defensive linemen Kalia Davis and Mason Cholewa and defensive back Tay Gowan, who chose to opt out before the season due to coronavirus safety concerns.

Midway through the season, the Knights lost four more starters after dismissing defensive linemen Kenny Turnier and Randy Charlton, linebacker Eric Mitchell and defensive back Antwan Collier following an incident during a traffic stop.

Twelve players earned their first career starts on defense during the 2020 season, led by defensive linemen Josh Celiscar, Tre'Mon Morris-Brash, Cam Goode and Woodson, along with linebackers Tatum Bethune and Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste and defensive backs Justin Hodges, Davonte Brown, Jermaine McMillian, Corey Thornton, Divaad Wilson and Jon Powell.

During Shannon's three seasons as defensive coordinator, the Knights allowed an average of 26.3 points and 423.6 yards per game.
 02/18/2021 02:31 PM

LBLarry

I will give Malzahn and Mohajir this ..... they understand the reality of UCF's current scheduling situation and if they wanna schedule the "Big Boys" ( and get the final 4 respect they want ). they are going to have to start by doing so on terms that are less than perfect for UCF. Danny White stood on some misguided "principle" and in the end ..... it did nothing to help UCF get "final 4" cred.

" Former athletic director Danny White made it a point to talk about playoff expansion repeatedly, but he remained steadfast in his resolve to not settle for terms Power 5 teams offered when it came to nonconference scheduling.

Malzahn and Mohajir signaled a shift away from that philosophy, saying repeatedly they believe there is a way for UCF to make the top 4 as an undefeated team. And one way is to schedule and beat top-10 nonconference opponents. When Mohajir was hired, he indicated he would be open to scheduling Florida if the right opportunity presented itself.

"I'll play out in the parking lot," Malzahn said. "Terry can decide if we're playing at home or on the road, I just want to play them and I want to beat them."

"We're going to do everything in our power as a program to give our guys a chance to do that, and I truly believe we will be in the final four in a short period of time."

Edited: 02/18/2021 at 02:33 PM by LBLarry
 02/18/2021 03:06 PM

Central Floridave

Forgot the Gators, WE WANT BAMA...we got a coach that has beaten Saban 3 times. .

Will be interesting. Hope all that above just ain't coachspeak. Go Knights!

02/26/2021 07:24 AM

Central Floridave

Malzhan finalizes coaching staff:

FORUMS : NPNR : Tennessee Volunteers poaches UCF AD and Head Coach

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .