Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Beyonce new album review
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/29/2022 07:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Beyonce new album review   - Central Floridave - 07/29/2022 07:29 AM  
 Beyonce new album review   - Central Floridave - 08/04/2022 05:02 AM  
 Beyonce new album review   - johnnyboy - 08/08/2022 01:03 PM  
 Beyonce new album review   - StirfryMcflurry - 08/11/2022 03:42 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/29/2022 07:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I'm not a huge beyonce fan but wanted to check out her new album released today.

If you like beyonce you will like this album, if you don't, you probably won't. I liked Destiny's Child and some of her solo songs, plus I really have an affinity to diva pop music. Thus, always looking for new music that is out there and Beyonce has the history to put something out that is quality. The new album offers that up.

the songs flow well together and it is an enjoyable listen if you like dance uptempo with a lot of changes in the songs. There are a lot of cuss words in the lyrics that is a distraction for me however Beyonce has street cred and I don't think she cares what you think about her.

Basically R&B, dance beats, with a lot of different stuff in the album. In the past a lot of her songs are nasally whiney. I think in this album her vocals are really good and the songs are well crafted.

Here is a good music journalist look at the album 'Renaissance'

Beyoncé's 'Renaissance' album: Unapologetic and raunchy as she beckons us to the dance floor
Melissa Ruggieri, USA TODAY - 1h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...ance-floor/ar-AA105bos
 08/04/2022 05:02 AM

Central Floridave

Check it out, strange coincidence.

I listened to her album a 2nd time while biking out in the woods on Sunday, and then went to longdoggers (by the King Center) afterwards. While waiting for service the hard copy of USA Today was on the bar. OPening up the entertainment section and there was the same article I linked to above. I thought that was strange, am I on candid camera?!? When my dragon point ipa was delivered I told the bartender my strange coincidence about reading that right after listening. She was like, eh, not impressed.

But, we continued to talk, and on the house speakers a destiny child's song comes on. We both looked at each other...all of a sudden she was intrigued by it all...

She said, 'You must be a musician. Only a musician would recognize something like that.'

Well, then I showed her the Aug edition Brevard Live Mag that I also picked up from their bar and showed them that I was indeed a musician and showed her the article of my band in it.

I love strange coincidences. The beer tasted great.

08/08/2022 01:03 PM

johnnyboy

I think we can all agree she's still hot.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/11/2022 03:42 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I think we can all agree she's still hot.
At least ......amongst the 2ndLight Beyhive
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .