Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The greatest threat to America?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/28/2024 07:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2024 07:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Rural whites, according to progs. These fools are entertaining, at least.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 02/28/2024 08:33 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Find the sentence that isn't racist, prejudice, or reminiscent of Nazis

A) white rural rage is a threat.....
B) black rural rage is a threat.....
C) jewish rural rage is a threat.......
D) LGBTGABCVESTFU rural rage is a threat.......

Most sane, normal people would say all of the above.

The resident "intellectual" Libtards in their belligerent quest for "equality" would say only A (actually, now they're programed to say C too)

But....they also aren't sane and/or normal....so there's that.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Edited: 02/28/2024 at 08:34 AM by OBX
 02/28/2024 08:48 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The seven mountains of Christian Nationalism seeks to put God at the center of the government. true or false?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/28/2024 09:04 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The seven mountains of Christian Nationalism seeks to put God at the center of the government. true or false?
Who knows? Let's stick to the topic. The question is, do you dolts believe the rural white rage is the biggest threat facing our country?

02/28/2024 09:31 AM

johnnyboy

Greatest threat, no. But a substantial threat? Sure. I would say the greatest threat to the US would be Russia, followed by China, followed by Christian Nationalists followed by boogie boarders.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/28/2024 10:58 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well the rag it comes from, and the hack who wrote it can be dismissed out of hard.

However, Krugman's feedback is telling -

"[P]rogress isn't painless. Business types and some economists may talk glowingly about the virtues of creative destruction, but the process can be devastating economically and socially for those who find themselves on the destruction side of the equation. This is especially true when technological change undermines not just individual workers but whole communities.

This isn't a hypothetical proposition. It's a big part of what has happened to rural America.

This process and its effects are laid out in devastating, terrifying, and baffling detail in "White Rural Rage: The Threat to American Democracy," a new book by Tom Schaller and Paul Waldman. I say "devastating" because the hardship of rural Americans is real, "terrifying" because the political backlash to this hardship poses a clear and present danger to our democracy, and "baffling" because at some level I still don't get the politics."

What Krugman seems to be realizing is that late stage capitalism is leading to economic devastation in rural areas (and all over really). Just look at the trends in housing for example. Most of Gen Z will toil endlessly to pay rents to fat cat real estate investors to feed them that all important "passive income" to fund their jet skis and vacations, meanwhile it's up to them to just find a way to survive. Healthcare? Higher education? You better have inherited some boomer money or you're fucked.

Krugman isn't really worried about all that per se, only in so much as those effected by it more and more to turning to right wing populism after finding out that the so-called "left" was nothing but bourgeois capitalism of old money liberals.

It's the right wing populism that appeals to these people because it promised to do away with the facade of artificial "democracy" (lesser of evils in perpetuity), and go straight to punishing their "enemies" (subject to selection by those who take power).

Big daddy knows best, and big daddy is going to punish those mean old liberals and their fancy book learning who are oppressing you.

Now just send your donation to "Red, white, and blew Super PAC"

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 02/28/2024 11:45 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Greatest threat, no. But a substantial threat? Sure. I would say the greatest threat to the US would be Russia, followed by China, followed by Christian Nationalists followed by boogie boarders.
Trump has been downgraded, I see.

02/28/2024 12:02 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

boogie boarders.
jb

I have been telling these speed bumps for years: " It dont count till you stand up..."

tRump is not a Christian.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 02/28/2024 12:27 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Well the rag it comes from, and the hack who wrote it can be dismissed out of hard. However, Krugman's feedback is telling - "[P]rogress isn't painless. Business types and some economists may talk glowingly about the virtues of creative destruction, but the process can be devastating economically and socially for those who find themselves on the destruction side of the equation. This is especially true when technological change undermines not just individual workers but whole communities. This isn't a hypothetical proposition. It's a big part of what has happened to rural America. This process and its effects are laid out in devastating, terrifying, and baffling detail in "White Rural Rage: The Threat to American Democracy," a new book by Tom Schaller and Paul Waldman. I say "devastating" because the hardship of rural Americans is real, "terrifying" because the political backlash to this hardship poses a clear and present danger to our democracy, and "baffling" because at some level I still don't get the politics." What Krugman seems to be realizing is that late stage capitalism is leading to economic devastation in rural areas (and all over really). Just look at the trends in housing for example. Most of Gen Z will toil endlessly to pay rents to fat cat real estate investors to feed them that all important "passive income" to fund their jet skis and vacations, meanwhile it's up to them to just find a way to survive. Healthcare? Higher education? You better have inherited some boomer money or you're fucked. Krugman isn't really worried about all that per se, only in so much as those effected by it more and more to turning to right wing populism after finding out that the so-called "left" was nothing but bourgeois capitalism of old money liberals. It's the right wing populism that appeals to these people because it promised to do away with the facade of artificial "democracy" (lesser of evils in perpetuity), and go straight to punishing their "enemies" (subject to selection by those who take power). Big daddy knows best, and big daddy is going to punish those mean old liberals and their fancy book learning who are oppressing you. Now just send your donation to "Red, white, and blew Super PAC"
Gotta love the liberal arrogance thinking they know what others are thinking......classic.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

02/28/2024 01:09 PM

johnnyboy

Rural areas are no longer served by newspapers that kept up with their local events while keeping up with national events. Now the doom scrollers rely upon their phones and get their "news" from national networks with the legal defense that they do not have to report facts because they are infotainment. The churches are feeling very threatened by the new generation's apathy towards them so they are "evangelizing" their youth with the enemy being atheism and secular government. This is a problem.

02/28/2024 01:22 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Rural areas are no longer served by newspapers that kept up with their local events while keeping up with national events. Now the doom scrollers rely upon their phones and get their "news" from national networks with the legal defense that they do not have to report facts because they are infotainment. The churches are feeling very threatened by the new generation's apathy towards them so they are "evangelizing" their youth with the enemy being atheism and secular government..
And you know this how? Objective opinion or subjective rhetoric? (Hint...its that latter)

02/28/2024 01:59 PM

johnnyboy

Just this one gringo's observation.

02/29/2024 05:09 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"Well that's just like your opinion, man!"

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 02/29/2024 05:31 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Rural areas are no longer served by newspapers that kept up with their local events while keeping up with national events. Now the doom scrollers rely upon their phones and get their "news" from national networks with the legal defense that they do not have to report facts because they are infotainment. The churches are feeling very threatened by the new generation's apathy towards them so they are "evangelizing" their youth with the enemy being atheism and secular government..

And you know this how? Objective opinion or subjective rhetoric? (Hint...its that latter)

1) There are no news papers
2) They use computers to get their information
3) You clowns do the same. Beerbart, Red State, Patriot Post; the list is long

I was right.
 02/29/2024 06:00 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: johnnyboy Rural areas are no longer served by newspapers that kept up with their local events while keeping up with national events. Now the doom scrollers rely upon their phones and get their "news" from national networks with the legal defense that they do not have to report facts because they are infotainment. The churches are feeling very threatened by the new generation's apathy towards them so they are "evangelizing" their youth with the enemy being atheism and secular government..
1) There are no news papers 2) They use computers to get their information 3) You clowns do the same. Beerbart, Red State, Patriot Post; the list is long
There is a lot to unpack with this one, but we'll start with the concept of "prejudice". Lets define it first:

prejudice - preconceived notion that is not based on reason or actual experience. example, "prejudice against people from different backgrounds"

With the definition defined..... who can tell me if Coles and/or Johnny Boys comment meet that definition?

Lets move on to the topic of hypocrisy. Again, starting with the definition:

hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. example, "the hypocrisy of saying only racist people can be white"

With the definition and context understood..... I would like to ask Cole and Johnny Boy if you guys still get newspapers delivered to your house, or have you also moved away from them and get your news from the computer/phone/internet?

Assuming the answer to the above question is "no, they too don't read newspapers" (nevermind the fact that doesn't even matter)..... we have another fine example of liberal hypocrisy and their prejudice induced rhetoric being employed to create a false narrative.

Thank you Cole and JohnnyBoy for setting the example......

Edited: 02/29/2024 at 06:01 AM by OBX
 02/29/2024 06:40 AM

tpapablo

In any event, I am proud to be part of the biggest threat to America. Never dreamed that I would achieve such an exulted status. I am going to have to work on the rage though.

02/29/2024 06:43 AM

tpapablo

I would like to ask Cole and Johnny Boy if you guys still get newspapers delivered to your house, or have you also moved away from them and get your news from the computer/phone/internet?
Would it matter? As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Progs are fanatical ignoramuses. You could provide them with the sum total of human knowledge, and they would ignore it all.

02/29/2024 07:21 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: tpapablo
I would like to ask Cole and Johnny Boy if you guys still get newspapers delivered to your house, or have you also moved away from them and get your news from the computer/phone/internet?
Would it matter? As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Progs are fanatical ignoramuses. You could provide them with the sum total of human knowledge, and they would ignore it all.

You're not wrong, I gave up on these clowns years ago and merely frequent this forum for entertainment purposes when I'm stuck in dry @ss meetings, or waiting at the airport.

Some people find joy in calling out other people's spelling mistake. For me, its highlighting the libtarded stupidity, hypocrisy, and the herd-like mentality espoused daily on this forum.

02/29/2024 07:24 AM

tpapablo

You're not wrong, I gave up on these clowns years ago and merely frequent this forum for entertainment purposes when I'm stuck in dry @ss meetings, or waiting at the airport.
Same here. Plus, it is always good to see what the enemy is thinking. Of course, that is a rather tough task here, as there is little evidence of thinking by these people.

02/29/2024 08:35 AM

johnnyboy

I suspect your biggest threat would be cholesterol.

Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .