Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Into the Lagoon
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/06/2021 12:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/06/2021 12:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Out of Oak Hill again. Wednesday is such a good day to go out into the Lagoon. Nothing like looking for miles around and not seeing another boat, blue sky, pristine shorelines with no development. The condo boats in the ICW are all heading north. A sure sign that summer is here.

Went out early with Cpt Bob. Catching small croakers for bait. Took around 30 minutes to get enough for the day ( hook and line)
Went back to the Ramp and picked up my old buddy Stan. Ask the CB mayor if he knows "Stan". Stan is an old time Cocoa Beach guy and hates what the city does.

Started heading south into the Lagoon. With this bait and Bob's knowledge its ridiculous.

Limit trout is a given. 2 slot reds that we threw back. ( I can only clean so many fish)

The "over" trout was 23".

My highlight was snook. If I could only catch one fish for the rest of my life it would be snook. We had 3 on. All were size large. However 2 got broke off after a good fight and one I got right up to the boat , before it wriggled off the hook. We are using 40 # power pro with 40# fluorcarbon leader.

We did boat 2 over 30" Reds. ( released of course )

Its so good.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/11/2021 11:06 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

that awesome glad to hear so many fish in the lagoon especially snook!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/15/2021 11:36 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That does sound fun.

How do you guys target the little croaker?

I was right.
 05/15/2021 12:56 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Cpt Bob has the local knowledge. Easy to find a good area to the NE of Riverbreeze Park Ramp. Small hook, dead shrimp small piece for bait. Split shot weight. Just off the channel. Usually you will see other people doing the same thing.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/15/2021 06:32 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sweet, thanks. The "just off the channel" was what I was after.

I was right.
FORUMS : Fishing : Into the Lagoon

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .