Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Inlet
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2021 01:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2021 01:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Has anyone been fishing Sebastian lately, preferably at night? I need to fill the bait freezer for the upcoming season and I'm wondering if the big Pilchards, Sardines and Pogies have started to move through yet?

Actually, I wouldn't mind tossing a plug around too, has there been any Reds, Blues or Jacks?

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/15/2021 01:20 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I have seen reports of people getting reds near the mouth, we got 2 snook around thanksgiving one night west of the bridges on plugs, got skunked another night- the old rebel windcheaters I think are made by bomber now black back with chrome/white underside did the trick.

Seems like pompano are around down there too

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 02/15/2021 02:46 PM

Cole

The water is already in the high 60's. The fish must be tripping out.

I was right.
 02/16/2021 06:18 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

We were down there on my buddy's boat last Saturday around the tide change at 11am. We bullied our way to the honey hole and anchored up at the N Tip of the Inlet and got nothing, no boats were catching anything, nor the people crammed in at the end of the N jetty. We also drifted the channel for a while and got nothing. The only thing I saw get caught was a small red off the S side rocks. Daytime report el skunko! The shrimp are running in the river though
 02/16/2021 06:32 PM

Long Beard

Joined Forum: 05/13/2007

Bites been DEAD.

R I P Mama G.

@Salt.And.Savagery.Fishing

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 02/17/2021 08:53 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Long Beard

Bites been DEAD.

I figured. Fish like consistency. Hot one day, cold the next makes it tough.

That shrimp thing is crazy.

I was right.
 02/24/2021 06:51 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

I wouldn't suggest doing this during the day way to busy but at night its simple. Buy a couple 4" 5" plugs get in a boat with someone experienced navigating at Sebastian (nighttime). At slack/incoming tide, drive against the tide at 12 knots through the channel dropping the plugs about 4 meters down and start yanking.. You'll have a FAT Snook in a matter of minutes.
 03/15/2021 07:03 PM

Cole

Slow. No bait I was after. A few snook on shrimps and some small Spanish that were better for rigged baits than dinner.

I was right.
 03/18/2021 06:02 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: Cole

Slow. No bait I was after. A few snook on shrimps and some small Spanish that were better for rigged baits than dinner.

I wonder if a big ol snuke would eat a spanish I know the bull reds do

03/18/2021 07:39 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

I wonder if a big ol snuke would eat a spanish I know the bull reds do

A chunk drifted along the bottom would work for sure. Years and years ago, I got a 42 inch snook at First Peak on a slab of Ladyfish that someone had left on the jetty. The big fish are lazy a will happily pick up the scraps from marauding blues and whatnot.

I was right.

Edited: 03/18/2021 at 07:40 AM by Cole
 03/18/2021 10:48 AM

stokedpanda

^^thats a monster^^, I haven't broke the 40" mark. Measured, and released plenty without measuring, that were over size even back when it was 34" max but yet to get a true dinosaur. They definitely seem to just get exponentially fatter and fatter with every inch of length!

Edited: 03/18/2021 at 10:54 AM by stokedpanda
 03/28/2021 06:26 AM

Cole

Long Beard, any Pilchards showing yet?

I was right.
 03/29/2021 05:43 AM

stokedpanda

We ran out the inlet saturday saw some pompano guys on the river side and more people than I have ever seen on the north tip.

03/29/2021 07:13 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Miami Orlando spring break shmucks clogging everything per usual, Pomps are chewing Cobias running.. Get on it before this front comes through
 03/31/2021 12:26 PM

Cole

We ran out the inlet saturday saw some pompano guys on the river side and more people than I have ever seen on the north tip.

Any luck?

I was right.
 04/01/2021 06:20 AM

stokedpanda

Any luck?

not really we went looking for tuna last saturday and got out about 80 miles and tons of boats, not much going on and pretty short period chop. Found one group of birds and got two big skippys and capt wanted to bail and go swordfishing......most boring thing ever IMO so we did that no bites and moved in a got 4 tiles and called it(current was very strong). Heard people got some tuna but went further towards 100 miles wish we would have stuck with it, did I mention I hate sword fishing?? hahah

04/01/2021 12:37 PM

Cole

That's a tough day. Our last time out we did 110 miles and boated one 80 pounder right off the bat and then never got another hit. Not only that, we never saw another bird for 100 miles on the way back in. Ronnie from Corey's bagels was with us and had won the Eddie the week before with bird packs everywhere. Go figure.

Hell, the same day we found a rip 90 miles out that was so pronounced, you could see it on radar. Nada damn thing on it; four naked ballyhoo on 80lb fluoro and nary a nibble. I thought we were going to sink the boat with Dolphin. lol

I was right.
 04/02/2021 05:26 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Any luck?

not really we went looking for tuna last saturday and got out about 80 miles and tons of boats, not much going on and pretty short period chop. Found one group of birds and got two big skippys and capt wanted to bail and go swordfishing......most boring thing ever IMO so we did that no bites and moved in a got 4 tiles and called it(current was very strong). Heard people got some tuna but went further towards 100 miles wish we would have stuck with it, did I mention I hate sword fishing?? hahah

We had the great idea one time to put in at SBI and troll, hit our bottom spots, goof around and head south, then hit the stream and drift back to town fishing for swordfish at dark. Talk about BORING and after already being on the water for 12 hours and a hundred beers.. We ended up foul hooking a sword that was literally a half inch under size. This led to numerous arguments as to weather to keep it or not. The captain, one of our friends kept putting the final say on us, which the three of us said no the entire time. No one spoke to one another the rest of the trip home. Never again
 04/02/2021 08:07 AM

stokedpanda

tempted to try the inlet tonight but dang this wind is honking, looks like incoming tide though

04/04/2021 08:42 AM

Cole

Did you pull the trigger?

I'm still after bait, but the numbers might be holding off with the cooler weather.

I was right.
FORUMS : Fishing : Inlet

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .