Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Big Government
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/18/2024 06:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/18/2024 06:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

DeSantis has banned local government from providing independent heat breaks for outside workers.

They - the governor and the legislature - need to be put into the fields or on roofs for a few hours in August.

-------------------------
I was right.

Edited: 04/18/2024 at 04:01 PM by Cole
 04/18/2024 06:30 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole DeSantis has banned local government from providing heat breaks for outside workers. They - the governor and the legislature - need to be put into the fields or on roofs for a few hours in August.
As usual, Cole you are lying. He did no such thing. Just because you are easily hoaxed doesn't mean we are.

I :heart; Q
 04/18/2024 06:32 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Twrongz doesn't have a great record with these challenges.

Have you ever won a case?

Chaos & Violence Party 2024
 04/18/2024 04:01 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

DeSantis has banned local government from providing heat breaks for outside workers.

They - the governor and the legislature - need to be put into the fields or on roofs for a few hours in August.

As usual, Cole you are lying. He did no such thing. Just because you are easily hoaxed doesn't mean we are.

Regarding heat exposure protections, the bill's summary details it will prohibit political subdivisions from:

Requiring an employer, including an employer contracting with the political subdivision, to meet or provide heat exposure requirements not otherwise required under state or federal law.
Giving preference, or considering or seeking information, in a competitive solicitation to an employer based on the employer's heat exposure requirements.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...ns-texas/73335597007/

I was right.
 04/19/2024 04:16 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hmmmm, , , , , , aren't there already Fed and State worker safety laws? How/why should a 'local' government get involved in 'business' ???

Big Government itself grows from the roots up.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 04/19/2024 at 04:17 AM by dingpatch
 04/19/2024 05:54 AM

Cole

Regulations protect us from corporations.

I was right.
 04/19/2024 07:49 AM

fishkller

Guess it's back to the chicken coop for Tbok on this one (again)

04/23/2024 06:34 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: Cole
Regarding heat exposure protections, the bill's summary details it will prohibit political subdivisions from:

Requiring an employer, including an employer contracting with the political subdivision, to meet or provide heat exposure requirements not otherwise required under state or federal law.
Giving preference, or considering or seeking information, in a competitive solicitation to an employer based on the employer's heat exposure requirements.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...as/73335597007/

Safety LAST!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/23/2024 12:33 PM

johnnyboy

I'm surprised that there was not a denial in climate change, a supremacy clause, and a liability waiver for any employer who forces their employee to work without shade or breaks.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/23/2024 01:04 PM

tpapablo

DeSantis has banned local government from providing independent heat breaks for outside workers.
The legislation does not ban local governments from providing heat breaks for outside workers. Local gov'ts can provide for heat breaks, as can anyone else. So, you were lying. Now, you'll probably claim, "I just don't know how to reduce my thoughts to a coherent sentence." We all know that, but what you did write is still a lie.

04/23/2024 02:45 PM

Cole

It stops them from making their own rules, hence the big government. That's the point, nimrod. lol

I was right.

Edited: 04/23/2024 at 02:45 PM by Cole
 04/23/2024 03:13 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole It stops them from making their own rules, hence the big government. That's the point, nimrod. lol
Yeah, I know what the statute says. I can process the written word. You cannot, however. That was my point. And, no, a state government is not "big government." Big government refers to the federal gov't. Read the 10th amendment. We are for state's rights. And, in this case, that is what was excercised.

04/23/2024 04:18 PM

Cole

You hate Big Government.

Florida, the State, overrides county and local governments. Florida is the perfect example of Big Government.

I was right.

Edited: 04/23/2024 at 04:19 PM by Cole
 04/23/2024 04:39 PM

fishkller

Sounds like Big Government to me- Paul, why do you want Big Government stepping in and telling everyone what to do?

04/23/2024 04:46 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole You hate Big Government. Florida, the State, overrides county and local governments. Florida is the perfect example of Big Government.
I am very much against a big federal gov't. In general, however, I want as little as necessary. Florida is not bad at all though.

04/24/2024 05:14 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Pabs loves big fashy government.

The kind of government that makes sure no locals do anything that might inconvenience their corporate sponsors.

I heard that Bayer has written and gotten the pugs to pass legislation in several states to prevent them from being sued for cancer caused by "Roundup" (glycosate).

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 04/24/2024 05:22 AM

Cole

The truth about heat laws and Florida. Never listen to Republicans, they will lie right to your face.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...-experts/73355824007/

Though the bill says local governments must adopt the state's stance on heat protections, Florida doesn't have any statewide standard.

Some lawmakers don't want a patchwork of heat laws covering the state, but they haven't moved to establish a statewide standard, according to Esteban Wood, policy director for WeCount, a nonprofit organization of immigrant agriculture, construction and domestic workers that advocates for more heat protections.

"We will definitely see preventable illnesses and preventable deaths this summer," Wood said.

The federal government does have rules about safety in workplaces that apply to summer heat.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's "general duty clause" requires employers to provide workplaces "free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm." That includes heat-related hazards that are likely to cause death or serious bodily harm, but specific guidance on how to do that is only recommended.

I was right.
 04/24/2024 05:28 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Workers have to organize in order to have any protection under capitalism.

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 04/24/2024 05:31 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Workers have to organize in order to have any protection under capitalism.

Regulations protect us from corporations. One party wants to cut most regulations.

I was right.
 04/24/2024 05:46 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole The truth about heat laws and Florida. Never listen to Republicans, they will lie right to your face. http://www.usatoday.com/story/...experts/73355824007/ Though the bill says local governments must adopt the state's stance on heat protections, Florida doesn't have any statewide standard. Some lawmakers don't want a patchwork of heat laws covering the state, but they haven't moved to establish a statewide standard, according to Esteban Wood, policy director for WeCount, a nonprofit organization of immigrant agriculture, construction and domestic workers that advocates for more heat protections. "We will definitely see preventable illnesses and preventable deaths this summer," Wood said. The federal government does have rules about safety in workplaces that apply to summer heat. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's "general duty clause" requires employers to provide workplaces "free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm." That includes heat-related hazards that are likely to cause death or serious bodily harm, but specific guidance on how to do that is only recommended.
Believe it or not, employers don't want their employees to die. I can excuse you for not knowing that as I would imagine that your employers would like to see you die. I handled a heat death lawsuit once. Learned a lot of valuable information about working in the heat.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Big Government

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .