Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Iran says, , , , , , that they do not want to exist any longer ??
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/10/2024 06:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/10/2024 06:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Reuters

Iran says it can close Hormuz Strait, views Israeli presence in UAE as threat

Updated Tue, April 9, 2024 at 11:08 AM EDT·1 min read

DUBAI (Reuters) -The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard's navy said on Tuesday Israel's presence in the United Arab Emirates was viewed as a threat by Tehran and it could close the Strait of Hormuz if deemed necessary.

Iran has threatened to retaliate for suspected Israeli airstrikes on its consulate in Syria's capital on April 1 that killed seven Revolutionary Guards officers including two senior commanders - stoking tensions between the arch enemies already heightened by the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza.

"We do not get hit without striking back, but we are also not hasty in our retaliation," Tangsiri said, according to Iran's semi-official Student News Agency.

"We can close the Hormuz Strait but are not doing so. However, if the enemy comes to disrupt us, we will review our policy," Tangsiri said.

About a fifth of the volume of the world's total oil consumption passes through the strait on a daily basis. An average of 20.5 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude oil, condensate and oil products passed through Hormuz in January-September 2023, data from analytics firm Vortexa showed.

The UAE, situated across the Gulf from Iran, became the most prominent Arab nation to forge diplomatic ties with Israel in 30 years under a U.S.-brokered accord in 2020, though Abu Dhabi also has normal diplomatic and commercial relations with Tehran.

"We know that the Zionists (Israel) were not brought to the UAE for economic purposes but rather for security and military work. This is a threat to us and should not happen," Revolutionary Guards Navy Commander Alireza Tangsiri added.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/10/2024 07:48 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

If you enjoyed the Iraq war, you're going to LOVE the war with Iran.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/10/2024 08:44 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It will be simple, easy and quick. Just like every land war in the middle east.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/11/2024 06:13 AM

Cole

Israel is going to take the whole place down.

It's time to cut their funding and let them deal with their own problems for once.

I was right.
 04/12/2024 03:47 AM

dingpatch

In October 1973 I was 'dressed for success' and ready to hop on a C-5 to help Israel but, , , , , the situation was so 'iffy' yet that night that it was so very fucking unsettling (I was the ExO's RTO) to stand with and hear the Commanders of the III Corps and the 1st Cavalry telling the commanders of the 2nd Brigade and Cavs 1/5, 2/7 and 1/8 that, , , , , , we did not know where we would land, , , , and the commander of the 2/7 spoke up about "who the fuck thinks we're going to land 'Hot" in a C-5, , ,". And then, have the commanding general of the 1st Cav tell the lower ones that "we have been given our orders, , ,"!

Dora Hates You
 04/13/2024 05:06 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Blunder pipes in--tells Iran---wait for it---Don't!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/13/2024 06:08 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

Blunder pipes in--tells Iran---wait for it---Don't!

How many times did Trump do the same? lol

I was right.
 04/13/2024 03:20 PM

dingpatch

The fuckers say they are attacking Israel as I type this, , , , , !!?!!

Dora Hates You
 04/14/2024 08:09 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: dingpatch

The fuckers say they are attacking Israel as I type this, , , , , !!?!!

Not surprising at all.

I was right.
 04/14/2024 12:36 PM

crankit

"How many times did Trump do the same? lol" hey dopey--how many attacks happened under Trump? Blunder/hyena--Ukraine--Don't, Hamas--Don't, Iran--Don't--3 strikes!! Of course the useless idiot says "only if it's a minor incursion".

04/14/2024 12:39 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Damn, Barry.. that must be some GOOD Moonshine!

Nighty Night..

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 04/14/2024 06:43 PM

johnnyboy

I think we are watching the start of world war 3.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/14/2024 08:11 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I think we are watching the start of world war 3.

I don't think so, Biden straight up said that we will not be fighting Iran over Israeli actions.

I was right.
 04/15/2024 04:46 AM

crankit

He said---don't!!

04/15/2024 05:48 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

He said---don't!!

I said---What?

I was right.
 04/15/2024 06:30 AM

johnnyboy

This happened many years ago when Bibi told Obama that he was going to start a preemptive war against Syria snd Iran after Israel took out Syria and Obama told him "don't." Bibi condescended to Obama, told him he had more American support than Obama and dared him to say no. Obama said no. Bibi overplayed his hand. He came to Washington at the GOP's request and his attempt to undermine and humiliate Obama backfired. No war.

The reality is that Israel cannot fight any war alone. They need the U.S. for their saber rattling. If the U.S. makes very public statements about not wanting further escalation and not supporting that, Israel is posturing towards a war alone. If the Arab countries believed that the U.S. would not play a combat role, Israel would be taking fire from every neighbor. Their recent war crimes in Palestine make for many martyrs too.

04/15/2024 09:18 AM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Cole - Your belief that Iran is only Israel's problem is seriously naive, and even sounds Trumpian. Isolationism sounds great initially, but has been proven time and time again to not work, when dealing with entities like, Iran, Russia, Hamas, Hezbollah, fundamentalist muslim countries, proxies of Iran, Nazis, white nationalists...etc. Israel's benefits to the US are countless, not the least of which is preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Without Israel, we'd see far more 911s on US soil. I get the you and others are upset that arab fatalities exceed Israeli fatalities when Israel defends itself. But...don't lose sight of the disgusting values and motivations of the entities that have and continue attacking Israel from all sides - not oil, not natural resources, not land, not water - nothing but a hatred for Jews and American values, with a longstanding commitment to destroy Israel baked into every facet of their society and culture.
 04/15/2024 01:48 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: 426Blue

Cole - Your belief that Iran is only Israel's problem is seriously naive, and even sounds Trumpian. Isolationism sounds great initially, but has been proven time and time again to not work, when dealing with entities like, Iran, Russia, Hamas, Hezbollah, fundamentalist muslim countries, proxies of Iran, Nazis, white nationalists...etc. Israel's benefits to the US are countless, not the least of which is preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Without Israel, we'd see far more 911s on US soil. I get the you and others are upset that arab fatalities exceed Israeli fatalities when Israel defends itself. But...don't lose sight of the disgusting values and motivations of the entities that have and continue attacking Israel from all sides - not oil, not natural resources, not land, not water - nothing but a hatred for Jews and American values, with a longstanding commitment to destroy Israel baked into every facet of their society and culture.

Israel has killed 15,000 women and children, all while colonizing a swath of the West Bank. They are also doing strikes into countries that don't involve Hamas. If they want to keep at the overkill, they can go it alone. The deserved chip on their should has swollen to enormous proportions and is threatening to take the whole world down with it. Enough already.

You are a well thought person, so I'm sure you can see that Israel is overdoing it. This has nothing to do with Antisemitism. I disagree with Russia's stance on Ukraine in the same way I disagree with Israel's on Gaza and the West Bank. Israel doesn't have the Biblical right to anything and borders are established by international law for a reason.

I was right.

Edited: 04/15/2024 at 01:50 PM by Cole
 04/15/2024 03:07 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Majority Leader Steve Scalise said in a phone call with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday that he supports any Israeli decision regarding Iran, the Prime Minister's Office said.
In addition, Scalise notified Netanyahu that he intended to promote a series of decisions against Iran and in support of Israel in the US congress.

I just heard an interview with a former Mossad agent that said he expects Israel to make a move within a few hours based on movements from the cabinet
 04/15/2024 08:20 PM

johnnyboy

They might be stretched thin with the invasion of Gaza.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .