Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Documents case Grand Jury testimony, , , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2024 03:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2024 03:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

CNN

Newly unsealed grand jury testimony from Trump's valet helps explain FBI's desire to search Mar-a-Lago

Katelyn Polantz and Tierney Sneed, CNN
Tue, May 7, 2024 at 5:00 AM EDT·6 min read

Donald Trump's valet told investigators before the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago in 2022 that he randomly chose boxes of documents to return to the National Archives and Trump himself directed that dozens more boxes located at the resort wouldn't be returned, according to recently unsealed court filings.

The filings reviewed by CNN shed new light on the critical role that Walt Nauta, now Trump's co-defendant in the classified documents case, played in giving the FBI justification to execute the search warrant on the former president's Florida resort.

Nauta testified to a grand jury two months before the August 2022 search about boxes he took from Mar-a-Lago's storage room in January 2022.

When one grand juror asked Nauta if he would "just pick some off the top," Nauta said "yes," according to a newly unsealed transcript and unredacted FBI search warrant affidavit.

At one point in the process of choosing boxes for Trump to review before returning them to the Archives, Nauta said that Trump "was like, okay, that's it."

Nauta's account was corroborated by a second witness, whose identity is not publicly known. Both said that Trump gave the direction not to give the National Archives any more boxes.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 05/07/2024 05:54 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There is also firsthand witness testimony that Trump had a bunch of boxes flow away. I wonder how many millions he made on those secrets? Russia? Saudi Arabia? Nuclear code? We will never know.

I was right.
 05/07/2024 06:12 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Nauta is likely going to do time.

He has conflicting testimonies. His lawyers are paid by Trump which means they are protecting the boff, not Nauta.

He'll be thrown on the sword like all the others.

ETTD

Pro Puppy-Killer Party 2024
 05/07/2024 06:20 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Someone is going to have to point out to me the crime in that.

I :heart; Q
 05/07/2024 06:24 AM

fishkller

Im sure someone with actual legal skills will come along and hold your hand through it..

just don't shoot their puppy

Edited: 05/07/2024 at 06:25 AM by fishkller
 05/07/2024 06:29 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

You can't understand how taking nuclear secrets and refusing to give them back is illegal? Why am I not surprised?

I was right.
 05/07/2024 07:37 AM

3rdworldlover

Yeahbutt
This is exactly the same as Biden keeping his personal notes as VP and then voluntarily returning them to the archives, and taking a truckload of highly secret documents is definitely not as bad as Hillary using a private email server rather than AOL like her predecessor.
 05/07/2024 07:54 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo Someone is going to have to point out to me the crime in that.
Didn't think I'd get an answer.

05/07/2024 07:56 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

You'll get an answer in due time.

"Hey, where's Cricket?" - Kristi Noem's daughter.
 05/07/2024 10:28 AM

fishkller

Didn't think I'd get an answer.

Uh oh, does this mean you'll fail the bar exam again?

05/07/2024 11:18 AM

johnnyboy

These documents had the MOST secret classification possible. They could not even be removed from the location where they were viewed. To take them out was a crime. Keeping them was a crime and refusing to give them back after they asked nicely, asked again, begged, threatened and then took them is a crime. You can go on Pacer and read the indictment and look that the code citations. He can defend himself by saying that he can do anything he wants as his defense, but thats different than not even understanding how a crime is charged, the person gets indicted and the basis in law. I guess you cannot see what you refuse to look at, and your legal education makes that even less credible.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/07/2024 11:24 AM

tpapablo

Good to know that we have a bunch of legal geniuses on here. Not sure why you won't point out the crime being described though.

Edited: 05/07/2024 at 12:02 PM by tpapablo
 05/07/2024 11:48 AM

johnnyboy

There was an entire thread on here where you jumped in. The legal cites were provided, the indictment was linked to it and it went on for pages. Willful blindness, deliberate indifference and feigned ignorance says everything about you and nothing about the charges. Why do we need to do it all over again? Because you're old, your memory is short, you want to pretend that it hasnt been discussed or you just want to pretend again that as a lawyer, it doesnt meet your idea of a legally sufficient allegation. Either way, you have already played this game and lost on a different thread and there is no need to recycle that, but if you really believe that you have a lack of evidence or legal sufficiency argument for the Lying Cheeto, you shouldn't just flash your skills on here where they treated like gnats on shit, you should be at the table with Trump defending him with these legal and factual defenses. Get some skin in the game. What seems so unclear to you could allow you to obfuscate, distract, deny and confuse jurors on Donnie Bone Spurs account. This is where you belong if you still can't see any illegality or criminality, right beside a guy that never did or never will. Two peas in a cell pod.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/07/2024 12:04 PM

tpapablo

I tried. Progs falling for another hoax, I presume.

05/07/2024 12:18 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The real crime is that judge is bought and paid for by the far right, and she'll delay the trial until trump claims the throne and tosses the Justice Dept. into jail.

"Hey, where's Cricket?" - Kristi Noem's daughter.
 05/07/2024 01:53 PM

johnnyboy

She was placed there with experience and few skills. Her clerks got overwhelmed and most quit and the Judge herself could not keep up the pace that is required in Federal Court. She keeps punting and trying to get new help and all it does is remind people that federal judges are appointed for life, or anointed, as the joke goes. This will be an albatross around her neck for the rest of her life.

05/07/2024 02:57 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy She was placed there with experience and few skills. Her clerks got overwhelmed and most quit and the Judge herself could not keep up the pace that is required in Federal Court. She keeps punting and trying to get new help and all it does is remind people that federal judges are appointed for life, or anointed, as the joke goes. This will be an albatross around her neck for the rest of her life.
And Chutkan, Engoron, and Merchan are legal geniuses, I suppose?

05/07/2024 02:59 PM

fishkller

Well they can't all be Pro Puppy-Killin' lawyerz, now can they?

05/07/2024 05:18 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Cannon put her finger on the scale today and indefinitely postponed this trial.
Her reasons were lame and mostly because she didn't act on motions.

I hope trump sends her a fruitcake for Christmas.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 05/07/2024 05:28 PM

fishkller

Now THERE is some corruption.. learn to recognize the real thing

Statistics
146508 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .