Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I have an opportunity to see Hootie & the Blowfish, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/20/2023 07:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/20/2023 07:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

In Nashville in July. The VA will fly me up and put me in my favorite Homewood Suites for my 3 Year checkup. All I have to do is cover the extra hotel night for $350. 'Decent' tickets look to be $275. So, I'm going to be in one of my most favorite towns, and, , , , , Why not!??

Heck, on the other hand, I might skip Hootie and stay the extra day/night just to practice some honky tonk drinking on Broadway. Drink enough to get a new pair of boots at Boot Barn.

When I get there on that Wednesday afternoon I'll need to keep to the Straight & Narrow because the first thing my Team will do is draw more than enough for every 'lab' known to Man! My Nashville Team will have not seen me for 2 years and, as usual, They want Their Own labs, not Orlando's. And, the Stem Cell Lab at Vandy will do a "Deep Dive" into every drop. Thursday night should be Aye Okay to visit Kid Rock's, , , , , depending, but as of now there should not be Any critical labs, procedures, scans, etc. on Friday, just me and the Team having a good talk.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 01/30/2024 06:56 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Not a fan of Nashville, multi level monster clubs like Kid Rock and Aldean's was just not fun after a while. Final straw was to see the rich son of a car dealer from Michigan "star" on the Music City Walk of Fame???? Really???? Money buys anything I guess. Hank Williams III had it right Nashville is Trashville, money sucking pop country crap. As for Hootie & da Fish, I grew up in Myrtle Beach for a while got so tired of seeing them, good but not great...this was around the surge of that band after the first album. Worth maybe a $20 bill but not a band to pay $$ for IMO
 01/30/2024 07:19 AM

dingpatch

I decided to skip H&theB. Save money for another cruise. They themselves was not too much of a draw for me other than they were going to be 'available' to see.

I like to go to Hard Rock and grab a burger, if I have not already eaten at Martin's Bar-b-que Joint, #1 in Nashville. I like to go into Tootsie's and look for a photo of a friend of mine 'somewhere' on the wall, she was an opener there.

On Friday night I'll go up to the 3rd floor of Kid's. It's a good show being that lots and lots of bridal parties collect there.

Dora Hates You
 02/02/2024 04:53 AM

Bamboo

I think Darius Rucker wishes he would have skipped the Tennessee shows, too.

Yeah, agree that Nashville is like Disney for music, contrived and not very organic.

Lots of talent there, though.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/04/2024 03:44 AM

dingpatch

Turn of 'possible' events, , , , ,

Original 'preliminary' Nashville schedule was/is: fly on July 24th, face time with VA SCT Team on the 25th & 26th, fly home on the 27th.

Now, , , , , I have asked for a change, which is pending approval, , , ,.

Yesterday afternoon I found out that Post Modern Jukebox is going to be at the Ryman on July 30th. But, , , , , and, , , , , my FB/YouTube friend Sara Niemietz announced yesterday that she will be with PMJ as a 'featured' performer that night!! I have very politely 'told' my VA SCT Long Term Care NP that I MUST be there that night.

I should at least get a 'no' or a 'go' from Rachel today I regard to possible travel dates, she 'pulls strings' there (Hell, she installed the strings!!). I will probably cover 1 or 2 nights at the Homewood myself.

I was last up there in July 2022 for my One Year.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 04/07/2024 at 05:40 AM by dingpatch
 04/18/2024 03:00 PM

dingpatch

Done!!

VIP front row Section 3 seating at the Ryman (Nashville's "Mother Church") and VIP at the Ryman's Ford Lounge pre-show through intermission.

Going to Garth's "Friends In Low Places" afterward and will probably 'slip on up to the Oasis' (roof top). Low Places's GM told me to let him know where I want to sit.

It will all be good, my blood labs will be drawn that morning before I venture up to Lower Broadway

Dora Hates You
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .