Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Country Music Story, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/29/2023 10:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/29/2023 10:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

So, I was working at a heavy metal fab place. Sitting in a small room of 2 cubes. Working purchasing with a nice lady. To my left was her cube and to her left was a 'main' hallway. Just to the right front of my cube was a door that we used to come and go. So, , , ,

I'm sitting there performing useful work whe her phone rings. "Hey, you old SOB, you were supposed to call me after the last time we saw each other, , , , etc, etc, etc,. Yes, where? I'll be there when you get there. , , ,. She stands up, sticks her head over the cube and says she's got to go. If 'they' come looking for her, tell 'them' that she'll be back tomorrow. And she hauls ass out the door. I don't think she could have even gotten to her car before 'they' came looking. So, , , , anyway.

The next morning, , , , I ask and she tells. She got to the restaurant/bar/? and gets a booth, orders her first drink. She's sitting and waiting when she sees 2 'cowboy hats' come in the door. Hmmmm, , , , it wasn't my friend but, it was Hank and Dave and I waived them over. While they're coming towards me I see another cowboy hat come in the door. It's my friend Willy. A great time was had by all. The 3 cowboys leave and the waitress comes over and asks who those old guys thought they were, there's no rodeo in town. "That was my old friend Willy Nelson and our friends Hank Jr and David Allan Coe!! The waitress was totally 'Bull Shit" but, she went to look at the bill, , , , , she came back with a total WTF??? Willy signed the tab.

So I ask her WTF? Oh, Willy and I were next door neighbors for 19 years. Most of his friends are now mine too.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 10/29/2023 at 02:53 PM by dingpatch
 10/29/2023 01:54 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Did Willy leave a couple of " Fattys " with the Tip ?
 10/29/2023 02:42 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I lived in San Antonio for a while in the 90s. A weekend hangout was a place called Floor's Country Store in Helotes. (Just outside San Antone.)

I had a person that I worked with that knew the owners. Willie would show up here regularly. My friend would get a heads up when Willie was coming. Willie does not exactly keep a regular schedule. However, every once in a while, he would. So I'm there wondering if Willie would come. It's around 11pm not a big crowd maybe 200 people or so.
All the sudden they push a large ice chest around with cold shiner bok. Seems that's how you knew Willie was coming. He bought the whole place beers.

Next thing you know the stage is full of musicians. Sound fires up, lights go up and ....oh my fucking god its Neil Young...blasting out Rockin in the free world. I called my wife and told her I was going to be late. Willie eventually came on, but it was all Neil for an hour or so. More beers, break, then Willie is on with Neil sitting in the audience with a long necks. He is on for an hour taking sips on on drink and tokes on a joint....needless to say:
A good time was had by all!!

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/29/2023 03:55 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Neil Youngs Freedom was such an insane release ----at the time a lifeline in a otherwise musical void . The king of feedback ! This rendition with Peral Jam is a scorcher .l ^^^^^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtdbfI1sqQ

Edited: 10/29/2023 at 04:19 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 10/30/2023 05:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

sofakingcool

"Its just a hippie dream"

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/30/2023 11:35 AM

JOESTRUMMER

jdbman : Glad you liked . I looked at 12 or more live versions of the song ( Out of 50 or more posted online ) and settled on this One. The energy and interaction dynamic on stage between ALL the guitar players is absoulutly phenomenal ( Talk about your " Guitar Boogie " ). The drummer can barley keep up ! And Eddie constantly tossing out Tambourines to the audience is classic as well . An BLISTERING live performance all around ndeed !

Edited: 10/30/2023 at 02:10 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 10/31/2023 03:20 PM

JOESTRUMMER

And now back to Howards original thread and topic , ----not Hank jr , mind you but Hank Sr ,the Godfather of Country Music ( With a certain Mr Johnny Cash being a very close runner up ). && 0

Edited: 10/31/2023 at 11:54 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 10/31/2023 04:06 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

George Hamilton did a good job as Hank in "Your Cheating Heart". George wasn't a great actor, but this was probably his best work. Worth checking out (if you can find it). My dad had a CD of Hank's 40 no. 1 hits. Luckily, I inherited it.
 10/31/2023 06:16 PM

JOESTRUMMER

HOLY Christs Sake Shit . can you imagine being wired out with Johnny at 3:00 Am . way back in in 1968 ??? ( Stay off that Whiskey ---and let that Cocaine be !) And his reference is to booting that shit , which was the main preference , before actually snorting it became more popular . ( Pretty sure both Howard and Garcia remembers Hugh Smith , our residence junkie .... )

Edited: 11/01/2023 at 01:28 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 11/01/2023 03:31 AM

dingpatch

2 doors down

Dora Hates You
 11/01/2023 12:53 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Howard : When I was about 12 or 13 , I walked into my bedroom to find Hugh sitting on my bed shooting up and then he promptly nodded off and tumbled to the floor . Bill Wade and your own brother Keith carried him out to the backyard and propped him up in a chair and then Billy Amel sprayed him down with the garden hose ! Crazy ass times indeed !
 11/02/2023 06:50 AM

dingpatch

Ya, , , , get in Hugh's '70 Challenger T/A 340 6-pack and do Gulf to NCO at 140 Pegged to NCO.

Dora Hates You
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .