Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Christine McVie - the Songbird has passed
Topic Summary: For her there will be no more crying...
Created On: 11/30/2022 05:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2022 05:23 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Christine McVie, the singer-songwriter behind some of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits, died Wednesday following a brief illness, according to a statement posted by her family on her verified Instagram account.

She was 79.

"On behalf of Christine McVie's family, it is with a heavy heart we are informing you of Christine's death. She passed away peacefully at hospital this morning, Wednesday, November 30th 2022, following a short illness," the statement reads. "She was in the company of her family."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

God Bless you.
During one of the best times for music she was one of the best.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 11/30/2022 at 05:32 PM by Bamboo
 12/01/2022 07:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

She was a rare bird with a golden voice and she held her own standing next to Stevie. Long before Stevie came on the scene, she brought Fleetwood Mac a voice that soared. "Spare Me a Little" never failed to leave me breathless (and, frankly, pretty hot). To have shared the mike and the crowd's adulation with Stevie showed just how much class she had. She showed no rivalry and, reportedly, they were friends. Who else in show biz would do that? I will miss her.
 12/01/2022 08:36 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I loved watching her interviews. I think of her and the band as the essence of 70's sexy cool. I read that she wrote "you make loving fun" about her lover while she was still married to the bass player.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/01/2022 09:27 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Last night I went on apple music and listened to her catalog. I didn't know she was a blues singer back in the late 60s. But, after listening to those old songs I can see how it transferred to Fleetwood Mac songs.

R.I.P.
 12/01/2022 12:07 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Mick Fleetwood and John McVie came out of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. When they formed Fleetwood Mac they started out as a strictly blues band and a damned good one at that. Christine fit right in and evolved with them.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .