Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bruce Springsteen fans experience sticker shock over 2023 U.S. tour tickets cost
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/21/2022 07:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/21/2022 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Bruce Springsteen fans experience sticker shock over 2023 U.S. tour tickets cost

Chris Jordan, Asbury Park Press
Wed, July 20, 2022, 9:13 PM

Sticker shock.

That's what some fans are experiencing who purchased, or tried to purchase, tickets for the six Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2023 U.S. arena tour concerts that went on sale the morning of Wednesday, July 20.

The price of some floor seats rose to more than $4,000 due to the Ticketmaster dynamic pricing system, which adjusts the price in real time due to demand.

"I assume when Bruce shouts 'Is anybody alive out there?' on the next tour, it will be more of a medical check-in on those who had to sell a kidney to be able to afford tickets," quipped one fan on Twitter.

The base price for the shows was $60 to $399 on Wednesday.

And, , , , , in other news, , , , I had checked on tickets for Kevin Hart's show in Orlando at the Amway, , , , "Good" seats up-front were $976 to $1200!! Even the very back "nose Bleed" seats started at $91 !!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 07/21/2022 01:55 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Maybe such prices will bleed into, and help reverse the trend of people thinking that music and entertainment should be free, or at least bargain basement. Interest and appetite for music in particular has increased with time, yet musicians spending tens of thousands of hours mastering their craft and writing music have an increasingly difficult time making a living wage. That's not logical. The masses scoff at paying more than a buck or 2 for recordings, leaving the main stream of revenue, even for the best of the best, at performing live shows, which unless you manage to do in your hometown, is grueling, with major overhead costs for the musician. Unless or until something is created enabling musicians to consistently get paid what they deserve - let the outrageous tix prices rip.
 07/23/2022 06:08 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I saw him a bunch of times last century. I had an "in" at the concert hall. I might have paid once, but I'd never pay again. Same schtick. He falls down at the end, and Clarence drags him out against his wishes, then he runs back on, and on and on.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .