Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Favorite restaurant
Topic Summary: What's yours?
Created On: 09/29/2020 09:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/29/2020 09:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

My wife and I live in Melbourne Beach and were thinking about trying something new. While I can afford an expensive place, I am much happier in a place that serves good food at a reasonable price. To give you an idea, we like Thai-Thai, Oceanside Pizza (great eggplant parm), Taco City (been going there since it was Tippy's in the 60s, so don't tell me how much you hate the salsa, por favor!), Squid Lips (outside), Long Doggers, Coasters and a few others that I can't think of. (For the veeerrrry occasional big night out, Islands Fish Grill).

So, help me out here, what's your favorite place for a regular meal out (not an "occasion" night out)?
 09/29/2020 09:20 AM

garcia

Oh, yeah, and La Preferida food truck. Awesome street tacos and salsa verde!
 09/29/2020 03:11 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

wife and I split the Big Island chicken nachos when we go there. Not so good as a takeout. We also like Skewers. Both insanely close to where are we located, so we are pretty much sheltered. We do like the fire mac and cheese and pork and chicken combo with collards and hush puppies at Charlie and Jakes in IHB. They have a decent beer selection.
 09/29/2020 05:53 PM

garcia

Thanks for the feedback. My wife loves Skewers but, that cuisine (Mediterranean, Lebanese, etc) is not my favorite. Too much lemon.
 09/30/2020 05:43 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

This is from a take-out only point of view...Thai Thai II is the best option. 2nd - Bizzaros (large white w/ extra garlic) for the "not so healthy" option. Jimmy's Greek Food truck was amazing when he first started, then he moved to a 2nd location and the beachside one went downhill fast and is gone now. Too long of a drive to get to Jimmy's remaining location, and sadly, the few times I went the portion/quality was a disappointment compared to his first location.
 09/30/2020 07:53 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Yoshi's is a treat now and again in IHB for better quality Chinese and Taiwanese

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/30/2020 07:56 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

'Too Cool Cafe' in Indian harbor beach is a nice local breakfast place. Ichabod's dockside in Melbourne Marina has great food, but I haven't been there in awhile.

09/30/2020 08:30 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Too Cool is probably the best food on the island. There really isn't another restaurant I would recommend Beachside for the price range you want. Fat Snook is good, but pricey. Yin Yin is gone, used to be my favorite. Bacco Wine Cafe off Wickham is great but not sure that meets your price range. They have the most authentic Italian food you will find in Brevard County. Food in this area is generally trash. Nothing here is good enough to make me want to go out and risk covid.
 09/30/2020 09:38 AM

garcia

Somebody - Forgot about Ichabod's. That is one of our favorites, too. Good fresh fish with good selection (cobia, wahoo, and a few others that are hard to find). Great atmosphere, too. Never been to Too Cool. We either go to (what used to be) Elaine's in Indialantic or Sunnyside Cafe in Mel Bch. (Both are close which is key for breakfast.) I've heard good things, though.

Rusty - Never been to Yoshi. Will add it to our list. Thanks.
 09/30/2020 12:25 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Nini's, across the street from Skewers. Bonefish Willy's on Pineapple, north of Eau Gallie. Marsh Landing in Fellsmere. Hazel's in Palm Bay. La Estancia de Luisa, Palm Bay. Kind of from more to less expensive. Invert for atmosphere.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/30/2020 12:43 PM

garcia

thanks. I've heard good things about Nini's (from a Cuban friend who says it is the best). Hazel's is one of my favorites (but not my wife's; I hit it when I'm in the area for lunch), and Marsh Landing is fantastic. Will have to give La Estancia a try. Bonefish Willy's turned me off for good the one time I ate there several years ago. They served a really, REALLY nasty slice of tomato right dead center on the top of my and my wife's starter salads. I thought that if they were willing to do that, there is no telling what they might try to hide. Maybe unfair to only give them one shot, but, that tomato was freaking disgusting and it was in plain sight.
 10/01/2020 05:38 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Oh and for authentic Italian (Neapolitan) pizza, there's Manga e Beve up in Cocoa.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/02/2020 09:22 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If you ever get to New Orleans... Bistro Daisy and a place called Basin.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/02/2020 09:25 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I loved the smokehouse up in port canaveral, haven't been there in a while and I think it changed names and possibly owners. The guy who used to be there Wes was the man!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/02/2020 05:28 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Hey folks. I appreciate the couple of "Coasters" mentions.

Just an FYI, and a shameless self-promotion: we've started up our month-long 'Oktoberfest' menu, with a full German food menu (in addition to our regular menu), and a good selection of 'biers von Deutschland' on tap, at both Coasters Taphouse in Cocoa Beach and Coasters Pub & Biergarten in beachside Melbourne. Prost!

Edited: 10/02/2020 at 05:30 PM by DaveFL76

10/04/2020 10:11 AM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

Dave! Holy crap, you got legit oktoberfest bier?!? I got take out a week or so ago, and couldn't get a beer because all your seats were taken when I came to do my typical pick up and get a beer too routine. I will definitely stop in.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .