Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dixie Dregs
Topic Summary: The Great Spectacular
Created On: 04/22/2024 05:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2024 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

The Dixie Dregs are rolling into town tonight. Quite literally 21st Century Dregs.

Of course, there is Southern-Rock and there is Prog-rock. With the Dregs you get the best of both worlds...Southern Prog-Rock!

Saw these guys back in the early 80's when they absolutely set the place on fire! Hoping they still have that mojo.

-------------------------
Slide On

04/23/2024 06:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

Hough
Leigh
Sheet!!

I am a foolish person.

I should not have been worried - the lads have not "lost a step" in the interval.

Hitting on all cylinders and crushing everything in their path at breakneck speed, no prisoners were taken. More time-sig changes than a Rolex factory,

As striking as all the players are, I couldn't take my eyes of off of Allen Sloan on "fiddle". By turns dancing and grinning maniacally, then glowering at his instrument as if it displeased him, he was enthralling. (For legal purposes and as an aside; I will add that no violins were harmed during this event.) I will proudly admit to crying like a baby at his magnificent soloing on "Odyssey"!

Adding a snippet of The Allman Bros. "Jessica" to their encore as a nod to our absent friend Mr. D Betts. was a sweet and poignant moment.

Naturally my ongoing mycological experiments added to the festivities handily. Old-school dry ice clouds as an additional flourish were much appreciated.

Catch 'em if you can!

-------------------------
Slide On

Statistics
146505 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .