Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Caitlin Clark
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/16/2024 05:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2024 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think that game with Iowa vs. LSU was the beginning of the mainstreaming of women's basketball. It reminded me of the women's world cup game that more people watched. That world cup game changed the way men and women viewed world cup women's soccer matches. This tournament seems to be the same watershed moment.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/16/2024 11:11 AM

Central Floridave

#1 WNBA pick Caitlin Clark to Indiana Fever. .
 04/16/2024 01:15 PM

johnnyboy

Very funny cameo on SNL weekend update. Spoiler Alert, she signed an apron for Michael Che.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/17/2024 04:28 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Everybody is pissing-and-moaning about her expected WNBA contract: worth $338,056 over the course of four years. She will earn $76,535 in her rookie season this summer, and is projected to earn an annual salary of $97,582 by the end of her four-year contract.

Well, yep, a NBA Ball Boy probably makes that much!! BUT, , , , , Show Me The Money!

>>>>. The WNBA currently makes an estimated $60m annually from selling its media rights and licensing deals with Amazon, CBS, and ION, Front Office Sports reports. In comparison, the average NBA team is worth approximately $3.85bn - with the New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, and the Los Angeles Lakers each worth more than $6bn, according to Forbes

Dora Hates You
 04/17/2024 07:39 AM

johnnyboy

That salary is nothing. The endorsements will make her a millionaire in very short order, if they haven't already.

04/17/2024 11:09 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

That salary is nothing. The endorsements will make her a millionaire in very short order, if they haven't already.

I am sure that salary number is a pay cut from her NIL $$$$$

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 04/22/2024 10:28 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Nike is going to make a namesake shoe, so she's doing pretty well. It's the other players that should be making more.

But this is how it starts. Players like her and Angel Reese bring in the audience, and then the women can start making demands from the owners.

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 05/15/2024 05:14 AM

Central Floridave

UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Caitlin Clark scored a team-high 20 points but committed 10 turnovers, the most in a career debut in WNBA history, as her Indiana Fever fell 92-71 to the Connecticut Sun in their season opener Tuesday at Mohegan Sun Arena.
 05/17/2024 10:39 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

She's making the transition, the Indiana team seems to be a bit of an underdog. Give her time to settle in.

“The United States now faces a different kind of violence, from people who will tell you that they are for ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom,’ but these are merely code words for personal grudges, racial and class resentments, and a generalized paranoia"
 05/17/2024 01:34 PM

Central Floridave

I watched a little bit of the game last night. She seems overwhelmed. Sold out arena though. The NY team was hounding her and not letting her do anything is what I saw.

Interesting though. first wnba game I ever thought about tuning into. I just watched a little bit. New York has a great team. They looked really good.
FORUMS : NPNR : Caitlin Clark

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .