Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fuck this shit, , , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/19/2024 04:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/13/2024 06:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Originally posted by: Cole

I'm not sure about the past, but our current governor sure gave the landowners a hand.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Sta...ntent%20are%20located.

So you're saying this wasn't happening in the 70s 80s and 90s and started in the last 10 years? Or you're pleading ignorance? Or like many of us you're only now coming out of a drug addled haze that spanned that timeframe? In any case I'm pretty sure a 15 minute Google search will fill in the blanks. But I can save you the time and tell you that all those condos haven't been built since 2000

If we're going to make it about the governor's party affiliation then what about Charlie Crist? For that matter, should we not applaud the GOP governors for exacerbating climate change, thereby raising sea levels and giving us more land below the high tide line? Let's not be silly.

Does no good to have folks on both sides vote for their party that conveniently does everything right, slap the corresponding sticker on their bumper, then bury their hands in the sand somewhere on the little remaining moral high ground which oh by the way is now underwater at high tide

-------------------------
"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"

Edited: 04/13/2024 at 07:06 AM by SurfCaster
 04/14/2024 08:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: SurfCaster

Originally posted by: Cole

I'm not sure about the past, but our current governor sure gave the landowners a hand.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Sta...ntent%20are%20located.

So you're saying this wasn't happening in the 70s 80s and 90s and started in the last 10 years? Or you're pleading ignorance? Or like many of us you're only now coming out of a drug addled haze that spanned that timeframe? In any case I'm pretty sure a 15 minute Google search will fill in the blanks. But I can save you the time and tell you that all those condos haven't been built since 2000

If we're going to make it about the governor's party affiliation then what about Charlie Crist? For that matter, should we not applaud the GOP governors for exacerbating climate change, thereby raising sea levels and giving us more land below the high tide line? Let's not be silly.

Does no good to have folks on both sides vote for their party that conveniently does everything right, slap the corresponding sticker on their bumper, then bury their hands in the sand somewhere on the little remaining moral high ground which oh by the way is now underwater at high tide

Am I wrong? Did the DeSantis government make it more difficult for local governments when it comes to keeping beaches open? Yes or no?

As per your 'back then' argument, was this topic an issue back when Walking Lawton was governor? If not, why are we discussing them? They have nothing to do with the subject at hand. You can't fix the past, but you can use lessons from it to prevent problems from happening in the future.

This problem exists in the current and needs to be dealt with as such.

-------------------------
I was right.

Edited: 04/14/2024 at 08:13 PM by Cole
FORUMS : Surfing : Fuck this shit, , , , , ,

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .