Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Costa Rica Dentist / Surf-trip 2-for-1?
Topic Summary: Was quoted $18k for veneers in the states...
Created On: 01/25/2024 07:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2024 07:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CaseyJenks

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Got a funky front tooth from getting it knocked out playing basketball ~20 years ago and having a crown put in. I have made probably 15 surf trips to Costa Rica and I've heard great things about the quality of the dental work down there for years too. Has anybody done this? Ideally I'd be able to make a surf trip out of it too. I'm guessing it's probably best to find a dentist in San Jose and sandwich the needed visits there with a couple of days of surf in between wherever?

Would love any recommendations if anybody here has done this or known somebody who has. Thanks!

-------------------------
thefitbot.com
crossfitkingspoint.com
 01/26/2024 03:19 AM

dingpatch

Research medical tourism. I'm not sure about it now but, "those years ago" 2 buddies went down and basically 'wrote off' the whole surf trip as "medical" expense.

Dora Hates You
 01/27/2024 09:37 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

I go down there all the time, not just to surf, but get dental work done. I've had 4 crowns done with Laura Valverde from http://dentalsurcr.com whose office is in San Isidro, an hour inland from Dominical. I highly recommend her. Let me know if you want help with trip planning.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 01/29/2024 10:45 AM

FloridianSoul

Joined Forum: 12/17/2007

While not as much fun as Costa, my wife and i own a dental practice in Merrit Island. She is the dentist and would be happy to give you her opinion before you go travel abroad to have routine dentistry performed. Check out her reviews on Google. Feel free to text me at 321 243 3318 CoralFamilyDentistry.com

"If you love NY, take I-95 north"
 02/01/2024 08:52 AM

CaseyJenks

Originally posted by: FloridianSoul

While not as much fun as Costa, my wife and i own a dental practice in Merrit Island. She is the dentist and would be happy to give you her opinion before you go travel abroad to have routine dentistry performed. Check out her reviews on Google. Feel free to text me at 321 243 3318

CoralFamilyDentistry.com

Ahh appreciate that but we live in Colorado now. I do miss surfing the space coast with everybody here though!

thefitbot.com
crossfitkingspoint.com
 02/01/2024 06:18 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

18 thousand dollars for teeth and a few hours of work.. I'm guessing that dentist has a wonderful house in Vail or Breckenridge, possibly both.

I was right.
 03/02/2024 02:10 PM

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

My local cosmetic orthodontist in El Salvador gave a friend of mine a new smile for $3000. She was quoted 13000 for the same procedure in miami. And she looks fantastic. Took about two weeks and she stayed at my airbnb on the beach the whole time. The process was something like this: Go there for initiial consult and measurements. Send measurements off to lab and wait a week. Go back and have new teeth installed. Wait another week and go back for minor adjustments. PM me for more info.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .