Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wooden Surfboards experiences
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/25/2023 02:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2023 02:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

larenyon

Joined Forum: 10/19/2009

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has ridden any type of wooden surfboard, particularly if you have ridden a shortboard, fish, or midlength that was wooden. Either balsa or the 'grain surfboards' methods interest me a lot, but I've heard very little feedback to see if they ride well or not. The only feedback I have ever seen has been from people who ride the long boards, which I'm not really interested in. Thank you.
 11/26/2023 09:23 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's a bit heavier. I don't mind that. The momentum paddling is better. It's a slower start from stationary but it's easier to maintain that momentum once you get going. I have a 7' quad. I'm thinking of using the outside two for the twinnie experience.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/04/2023 03:01 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

I can ride ripples on my balsa longboard. I think it is 38 lbs. or so? does glide well, but it bogs, or I should really say pile drives through the water when noseriding, so shape is important. However, I do run about 215, so it takes work to trim. Mine is a traditional shape, so soft rails big fat D fin. No kook cord attachment point. It was Richie Buehn's shape and he did a wonderful job with the blank and glass job. He was a master with epoxy.

Edited: 12/04/2023 at 03:03 PM by pompano
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .