Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Apparently we don't have the best sunscreens.
Topic Summary: Europe and Asia do.
Created On: 05/18/2024 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2024 06:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.npr.org/sections/he...better-ingredients-fda

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/18/2024 07:22 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

My Vanderbilt Stem Cell Transplant Doctor says I have an "Extensive History" of skin cancers. And, , , , , since he told me that in the summer of 21, , , , , I've had 4 surgeries for about 8 total inches of scar, , , , giving me a total of over 20 inches of stitch scar. He had told me "After what I'm going to do to you, you will be 300 Times more likely to get new skin cancers".

I cover up. At Royal Caribbean's "Hideaway Beach" on Thursday I used my Badger 'Adventure Sport' 50 and it's great. It is 98% organic, reef friendly 'Protect Land & Sea' certified and is good up to 80 minutes. It comes in a 'shoe polish' can and is pretty 'hard'. You poke your finger in and work it around to 'soften' it up. It is white and goes on like thick tooth paste but, it is 'clear zinc' and goes clear when you work it around and in.

Not for cruising "Sun Momma". LOL

Dora Hates You
 05/18/2024 12:29 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Skinnies Conquer sunscreen from New Zealand is expensive but a tube lasts a while and they have occasional sales. Their most expensive Conquer version has a different ingredient list to the spf 30 version: Uvinul A Plus, Bemotrizinol, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide. Bemotrizinol is not yet approved by FDA. (Uvinul is a BASF trade name for what it claims is "the only photostable UVA filter". Probably not marketed in the US?)

Edited: 05/18/2024 at 12:30 PM by ww
 05/20/2024 05:31 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Just tried one from the link in the article. It looks like it's for regular use and not water sports, but I'll give it a go at work to see if it keeps my ears and nose protected.

I was right.

Edited: 05/20/2024 at 05:32 AM by Cole
 05/24/2024 08:15 AM

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

Originally posted by: ww

Skinnies Conquer sunscreen from New Zealand is expensive but a tube lasts a while and they have occasional sales. Their most expensive Conquer version has a different ingredient list to the spf 30 version: Uvinul A Plus, Bemotrizinol, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide. Bemotrizinol is not yet approved by FDA. (Uvinul is a BASF trade name for what it claims is "the only photostable UVA filter". Probably not marketed in the US?)

thanks for the info! I just purchased two tubes with their memorial day 30% discount.

FWIW this is what ChatGPT4.o told me about Uvinly A plus:

Uvinul A Plus" is a specific brand name for a UV filter used in sunscreen products. Here's a detailed overview of Uvinul A Plus:

Overview
Chemical Name: Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate
Function: Uvinul A Plus is a broad-spectrum UVA filter used in sunscreens to protect the skin from UVA radiation, which is known to penetrate deeper into the skin, leading to premature aging and an increased risk of skin cancer.
Stability: One of the significant advantages of Uvinul A Plus is its high photostability. Unlike some other UVA filters, it does not degrade quickly when exposed to sunlight, making it more effective over extended periods.
Usage: This ingredient is used in a variety of sunscreen and skincare products. It provides reliable and long-lasting UVA protection, often in combination with other UV filters to ensure broad-spectrum coverage.
Regulation and Safety: Uvinul A Plus is approved for use in sunscreens in many regions, including the European Union, but its approval status may vary in different countries. It is generally considered safe for use in cosmetic products.
Statistics
146510 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .