Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: McConnell Boxes In Democrats by Forcing 'Green New Deal' Vote
Topic Summary: Bwahahahahahaahahah!
Created On: 02/12/2019 01:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/12/2019 01:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

McConnell Boxes In Democrats by Forcing 'Green New Deal' Vote
By Steve Straub
February 12, 2019 at 12:34pm

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is going to force Democrat Senators to take a stand on Representative Ocasio-Cortez's "Green New Deal" by calling for a vote, as The Hill reports:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Tuesday that the Senate will vote on the "Green New Deal," an environmental and energy plan touted by progressives.

The deal has no chance of passing the Senate, where it will need 60 votes.

But it will force Senate Democrats, including a slew of 2020 presidential candidates, to vote on the proposal - potentially providing votes for McConnell and the GOP to exploit.

"We're going to voting on that in the Senate. Give everybody an opportunity to go on record," McConnell told reporters.
This is a brilliant idea by the Majority Leader. Given that all of the 2020 candidates have signed on to this program it'll be exciting to see how they actually vote.

Watch Majority Leader McConnell's statement on holding a vote on the "Green New Deal:"

Partial transcript:

MCCONNELL: "Good afternoon, everyone.
I brought with me Chairman Shelby to make a statement about the agreement that's been reached.

Let me say first of all, however, I've noted with great interest the Green New Deal. And we're going to be voting on that in the Senate. We'll give everybody an opportunity to go on record and see how they feel about the Green New Deal.

Secondly, with regard to the matter that's before us now, I think Chairman Shelby and Democrats on a bipartisan basis have done a good job; from a Republican point of view, there is money in there for new barrier fencing and there is no cap on interior enforcement.
It's not everything the president hoped to get but I think it's a good step in the right direction. I hope he'll decide to sign it. We're all quite interested in that as you can imagine."

Kudo's to Mitch McConnell for so cleverly boxing in the Senate Democrats and 2020 hopefuls.

This should be fun, so grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 02/12/2019 at 01:59 PM by Fish Killer
 02/12/2019 02:17 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Twitler didn't get his wall and so McCornhole is telling the GOP malcontents to look the other way and guess what, they are. Mostly because they are ashamed that their Art of Deal savior got his a$$ handed to him by America who voted to put the House back in the hands of the Democrats.

Then there is the issue of the Geezer party thinking America would trade world destruction for a few bucks now as opposed to working a plan for moving forward with the planet in mind. This is going to backfire on the GOP (an unholy alliance of mega wealthy and trailer trash).
 02/12/2019 02:34 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Twitler didn't get his wall and so McCornhole is telling the GOP malcontents to look the other way and guess what, they are. Mostly because they are ashamed that their Art of Deal savior got his a$$ handed to him by America who voted to put the House back in the hands of the Democrats. Then there is the issue of the Geezer party thinking America would trade world destruction for a few bucks now as opposed to working a plan for moving forward with the planet in mind. This is going to backfire on the GOP (an unholy alliance of mega wealthy and trailer trash).
We shall see. My guess is that you are wrong. Don't see most Americans cottoning to that plan once they learn they will be taxed at 100% or that we will have to print mountains of money, all for something that won't work and will make their lives considerably worse. But, who knows.

I :heart; Q
 02/12/2019 02:52 PM

Cole

How long till The Asshole, FK and the rest of the Klan pick up and run with Trump's new 'finish the wall' gaslight attempt?

As far as the Green New Deal, many established Democrats don't agree and will most likely vote accordingly. A Democratic Senate in 2020 can bring it back.

I was right.

Edited: 02/12/2019 at 02:53 PM by Cole
 02/12/2019 03:23 PM

Fish Killer

Baby Killer!

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/12/2019 03:25 PM

Cole

That was a quick admittance of loss.

I was right.
 02/12/2019 03:27 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

That was a quick admittance of loss.

You didnt refute anything.

All you did was make a projection with your FUCKED UP OPINION!

I didnt admit to anything....

BABY KILLER!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 02/12/2019 at 03:27 PM by Fish Killer
 02/12/2019 03:30 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

"BABY KILLER!" = "You kicked my ass on this one- I am out of comebacks"

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 02/13/2019 07:35 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This is too good. Dems accusing McConnell of dirty tricks by putting up their insane bill for a vote. You'd think they would be profusely thanking him. Guess no prog wants to look quite that stupid by voting for it. He got those dumb progs.

I :heart; Q
 02/13/2019 07:48 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Pelosi is probably losing her mind.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/13/2019 08:09 AM

Greensleeves

Y'all need a better news source. Of course if you go look at real news sources it will probably scare you the same way you get when you see a person that doesn't look like you.

The assumption that the people of America don't like Green or the New Deal or a nice environment shows how completely out of touch the uptighty righties are.

The right is only appealing to the no science non-reading Faux hypnotized base. No one new will be joining.

However the Dems will get new support for people that like the environment but didn't think the Dems were working to fix it.

Hey did you know the Dems took the House back?

Edited: 02/13/2019 at 08:10 AM by Greensleeves
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .