Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Canada legalises recreational pot - not much coverage on the news? Why the QT?
Topic Summary: First G20 to legalise recreational use
Created On: 10/17/2018 08:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2018 08:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Seems like not much coverage on the major networks. Different regions in Canada will apparently have some level of control, but at last sanity on the horizon, and just across our northern border.. Other more sensational News swallowing up the air in the room?? Really? Truly progressive nighbour leaving us in the dust and dark ages - Not like the rest of us still living in caves.. Pot on same level as heroin? Really shows how fucked up we are.. Politics for sure.. I guess without going truly batshit crazy it next to impossible to control access to a true "weed" from growing at the side of the road.. By the level of damage alcohol vs pot do to society both physically, economically etc etc, Alcohol should be regulated 100 times more than pot.. I.e. It should be Truly 'illegal'.. And not that I don't like a drink once in a while..

-------------------------
There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 10/18/2018 04:13 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Maybe you should turn from the fake news channels, Fox has had multiple stories on that!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/18/2018 04:27 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Pot should be legalized across the board and anyone not convicted due to use or possession, but not trafficking, should be immediately released from prison.
 10/18/2018 05:42 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Mike Is Right.

On the other hand, in regard to "coverage", , , , last nights ABC News had an inane spot in regard to wether-or-not Americans would be able to bring some home from Canada. Now, does this indicate just how plain stupid a lot of folks are? Probably.

Dora Hates You
 10/18/2018 05:46 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: crankit

Maybe you should turn from the fake news channels, Fox has had multiple stories on that!

And I'm sure they expounded on the horrors of it.

And Kkk, didn't you say that you don't derive all of your info from Fox?

I've never smoked, but I'm with Mike; the idea that it's a major crime is an effin joke.

I was right.
 10/18/2018 05:54 AM

johnnyboy

I know an old Republican that just made a bundle on the Canadian MJ stocks. He is going to make more once it legalized here and the Canadian Companies expand to US.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2018 07:40 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

The only negative on Fox was the warning on the ones that would try to bring it across the border.(probably libtards would be the only ones stupid enough to try that)

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/18/2018 08:02 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

a true "weed" from growing at the side of the road.
No natural thing can be harmful. Say, why don't you progs eat some belladonna berries?

I :heart; Q
 10/18/2018 08:15 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo
a true "weed" from growing at the side of the road.
No natural thing can be harmful. Say, why don't you progs eat some belladonna berries?
You didn't address the substance of his post. He didn't say there's no harm. He compared it to heroin and booze. Can you answer why pot should be treated like heroin or cocaine while alcohol gets a total pass? I don't smoke weed. I've hated some worthless pot heads in my day. But alcoholics are worse than pot heads on average and yet booze is legal and everywhere.

10/18/2018 08:23 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Violent crime and alcohol statistics are pretty staggering. Pot, not so much unless the victim is a bag of doritos
 10/18/2018 09:01 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Canadian MJ stocks.

I have stock in 2 companies (Aurora Cannabis Group and Canopy Growth Corp) as well as Privateer Holdings, that seem to buying up the whole market in Canada. They all took a hit yesterday and are down again today, but still up overall from what I bought it at about 6 months ago. I have know doubts they will go up, especially when the US makes an official change in policy.

Surfsail, didn't you say, just the other day, that decriminalizing it on a federal level wasn't a big deal? Why the change of heart?

other thread

Really think that saying this BS at this point in time will save anyone? F that.. T

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 11:28 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 10/18/2018 12:38 PM

3rdworldlover

Alcohol certainly fits the definition of a Schedule 1 drug.

Marijuana does not.

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. -DEA.gov
 10/18/2018 01:02 PM

scombrid

And you can actually die from alcohol withdrawal if you are a full on drunk and suddenly stop your daily 5th of whiskey.

10/18/2018 01:12 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Tpap wanna try some Devils trumpets? Goes without saying that faux channel is probably in a uproar.. The demon weed and all that BS propaganda.. Or am I wrong about that? Def need to purge our prisons on this issue.. if you feel that strongly about it, we could send you a bill..c should have been done decades ago.. Let's See who's on the wrong side of history on this one.. Not sure how you read that into my post. I was ranting about crooked politicians on the take trying to stop it because big pharma will take a serious hit, and in the near future .. Game over... The gop's attempts to jump on the legalization train at this point is nothing more than a farce, trying to keep their small contingent of stoners on board and not abandoning ship.. Should have jumped on it when taxing it may have a viable concept, but that shop has sailed.. with the popularity of rec use way more than just nationwide.. Too bad, so sad.....

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 01:24 PM by surfsail
 10/18/2018 01:43 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Crazy how tough it has been to even get derivatives of Cannabis plants to be allowed to be researched such as hemp and cbd thanks to the reefer madness folks like fk and tpabtrollo. But hey smoke as many packs of cigs as you want whilst guzzling white lightning taking your "meds" of Xanax adderol and Oxy, kawabunga!!!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/18/2018 02:03 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Alcohol certainly fits the definition of a Schedule 1 drug. Marijuana does not. Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. -DEA.gov
No one knows that. Hasn't been any substantial testing of it. Saw an article just today saying that traffic accidents have gone up in legal states. In any case, I don't see anything good coming from legalizing it. But, not a huge issue for me. My issue is criminalizing progs.

10/18/2018 03:02 PM

johnnyboy

Like pointing a telescope at the sun. The Sessions confederacy has seen fit to ensure that there will never be studies so they can always fall back on your anecdotal bs.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2018 03:23 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Like pointing a telescope at the sun. The Sessions confederacy has seen fit to ensure that there will never be studies so they can always fall back on your anecdotal bs.
It was legal until the Trump administration? Sessions? I was laboring under the misimpression that pot had been illegal since the 1930's, which meant that 7 dem presidents had overseen the suppression of studies. Who knew?

10/18/2018 06:19 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

The gop's attempts to jump on the legalization train at this point is nothing more than a farce,

Farce? White house changing 70 year old policy would be a farce? How would it affect taxing of cannabis on a state level? On a federal level? What would it do for the economy? How would affect how people with political aspirations that take money from pro cannabis industry? What about those with a canacriminal record? Is expunging their record a farce to them?

You're blinded by your politics. Personally, I don't give a fuck who does it, as long as it gets done. And if Trump is the one that does it, I'll be more than willing to give him credit.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:31 PM by worksuxgetsponsered
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .