Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Here we go again
Topic Summary: Activer shooter TX school
Created On: 05/18/2018 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2018 08:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

The trouble with fees would be the potential to disarm the poor. I would suggest a waiver for low income workers.

Is there a waiver for automobiles these days?
 05/22/2018 08:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: miker

The trouble with fees would be the potential to disarm the poor. I would suggest a waiver for low income workers.

Is there a waiver for automobiles these days?

Not that I'm aware of.

I would also attach civil and perhaps criminal liability for failure to secure firearms resulting in injury or death. I think if your weapons are taken and used, you should forfeit your right to own a gun.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/22/2018 09:00 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Miker confuses reality for whining. His plan is nice and seems very practical. However, you are dealing with FKs, Sparkys and johnnys. They have the NRA and the GOP and none of these fees, or anything else will happen. Yeah, call my posts whining but they are steeped in reality, not pipe dreams.
 05/22/2018 09:59 AM

miker

Not that I'm aware of.

I would also attach civil and perhaps criminal liability for failure to secure firearms resulting in injury or death. I think if your weapons are taken and used, you should forfeit your right to own a gun.

I think if you do your due diligence and follow the rules, then you shouldn't be held accountable. Shit is always going to get stolen no matter how well you secure it. However, in cases where a father gives guns back to his psycho kid who then shoots up a school ....yeah, pops should be held accountable.
 05/22/2018 11:30 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I think if you do your due diligence and follow the rules, then you shouldn't be held accountable. Shit is always going to get stolen no matter how well you secure it. However, in cases where a father gives guns back to his psycho kid who then shoots up a school ....yeah, pops should be held accountable.

What rules are you referring to? I'm not aware of any requirement to own a gun safe or secure weapons. How many kids have been shot or shot someone else because they found grandma's .38 in the nightstand?

EDIT - I was mistaken, here it is:

790.174?Safe storage of firearms required. -
(1)?A person who stores or leaves, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm, as defined in s. 790.001, and who knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor's parent or the person having charge of the minor, or without the supervision required by law, shall keep the firearm in a securely locked box or container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or shall secure it with a trigger lock, except when the person is carrying the firearm on his or her body or within such close proximity thereto that he or she can retrieve and use it as easily and quickly as if he or she carried it on his or her body.
(2)?It is a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, if a person violates subsection (1) by failing to store or leave a firearm in the required manner and as a result thereof a minor gains access to the firearm, without the lawful permission of the minor's parent or the person having charge of the minor, and possesses or exhibits it, without the supervision required by law:
(a)?In a public place; or
(b)?In a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner in violation of s. 790.10.
This subsection does not apply if the minor obtains the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person.

1(3)?As used in this act, the term "minor" means any person under the age of 16.

These laws need to be enforced, but it reads like it's only enforceable after an incident.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/22/2018 11:50 AM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

That's a pretty specific law. I'd like to see it get enforced.

Just about every state has some pretty broad laws concerning gross negligence, contributing to delinquency, child neglect, etc. etc.

In some places, having uncovered electrical outlets can get one's children placed in foster care. In most, having liquor where kids can get at in can result in some stiff penalties. It's even conceivable in some states that if a trespasser is injured on your property due to your lack of maintaining the premises, you could face a civil suit and possibly, if the letter of the locality's law were followed, be found liable.

But load a gun and leave it in easy access of a toddler? No worries mate! NRA has got your back!

In most states, a little girl can't legally run a lemonade stand without a health permit. She must also make sure her fees are paid and her filings are current. However, you can give her a .22. She can trade you a shotgun for it. There doesn't need to be any paperwork, cuz what if she wants to form a well regulated militia and resist King George n' stuff?

It's a crazy world, full of crazy people.
 05/22/2018 11:54 AM

HAPDigital

And you can even get detained by ICE just for speaking Spanish in public.
 05/22/2018 12:11 PM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

Tax firearms, ban firearms, increase mental health I don't care. Until the schools are secured the slaughter will continue.

05/22/2018 12:33 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: damonsharp

In most states, a little girl can't legally run a lemonade stand without a health permit. She must also make sure her fees are paid and her filings are current. However, you can give her a .22. She can trade you a shotgun for it. There doesn't need to be any paperwork, cuz what if she wants to form a well regulated militia and resist King George n' stuff?

It's a crazy world, full of crazy people.

LOL It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/22/2018 12:40 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

All I know is this and I quote - 'More students have been killed in schools this year than soldiers in combat zones.'

Let that sink in.

Our 'milita' is not 'well regulated'. Time to regulate...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/23/2018 08:11 AM

miker

Originally posted by: Sparky
Until the schools are secured the slaughter will continue.

Agreed. No amount of gun legislation is going to stop it in a timely enough manner.
 05/23/2018 08:14 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

That we have to 'secure' schools is indicative of a sick, broken society.

The common theme is the 'more guns' and 'pro slaughter' agenda of the NRA, brought about by their hijacking of 2A

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/23/2018 08:18 AM

miker

Originally posted by: wtf
That we have to 'secure' schools is indicative of a sick, broken society.

Cool.... but saying that over and over doesn't change the fact that it is the reality of the country we live in. Securing the schools is a lot more obtainable than fixing what is broken in society. Yeah, we need to fix society but that is going to take a long long time, if it even ever happens. Securing our schools is something that can be done *now* to stop children from dying *now*
 05/23/2018 08:51 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: wtf That we have to 'secure' schools is indicative of a sick, broken society.
Cool.... but saying that over and over doesn't change the fact that it is the reality of the country we live in. Securing the schools is a lot more obtainable than fixing what is broken in society. Yeah, we need to fix society but that is going to take a long long time, if it even ever happens. Securing our schools is something that can be done *now* to stop children from dying *now*
Just like you've been saying this over and over and over? yeah, it doesn't change the fact that the reality is there will not be budget applied for this.
 05/23/2018 09:34 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I think if you do your due diligence and follow the rules, then you shouldn't be held accountable.

If it's your kid that takes your gun, YOU should go to jail.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/23/2018 09:42 AM

HAPDigital

Seems practical, involuntary man slaughter at the least.
 05/23/2018 10:05 AM

miker

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

I think if you do your due diligence and follow the rules, then you shouldn't be held accountable.

You have it locked in a securely in a safe and your psycho kid steals the keys while you are sleeping and shoots someone. Not sure I find any justice in prosecuting a parent for that.
 05/23/2018 10:20 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

You have it locked in a securely in a safe and your psycho kid steals the keys while you are sleeping and shoots someone. Not sure I find any justice in prosecuting a parent for that.

If you don't know your kid well enough to trust them, you shouldn't have guns in your house.

My pops had a cabinet full of guns and when I was a teen I had a few in there as well, but I could not even fathom touching them without the old mans expressed permission.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/23/2018 10:41 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

If you sold a gun to a criminal or psycho, you should also be responsible.

We need a national regristry, tracking database, and a gun purchasers permit that requires a mental health evaluation, criminal background check, and well regulated militia training certification.
 05/23/2018 10:45 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover
If you sold a gun to a criminal or psycho, you should also be responsible. We need a national regristry, tracking database, and a gun purchasers permit that requires a mental health evaluation, criminal background check, and well regulated militia training certification.
FK is starting a class...
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Here we go again

<< 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .