Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Don't Tell Anyone, But We Just Had Two Years Of Record-Breaking Global Cooling
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/17/2018 03:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/19/2018 05:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You didn't look at the debunk PDF or you would have a different opinion. They show the results and the methods that got them there.

Just because you don't like what is says, doesn't mean it's wrong.

You are willingly uninformed. I find that disgusting. But then again, you are hardly alone, a good section of this country wanders in the weeds just like you do. The information is there, you just don't bother to look.

-------------------------
I was right.
 05/19/2018 06:07 AM

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

You know what I find disgusting Cole, people who follow blindly and don’t think for themselves. I accept differing views on things and I keep an open mind. Like I said before there are very few absolutes in life. The debate of climate change and its causes are far from being settled let alone absolute. I have no problem with you being solid in your conviction of your climate change views. To each his own. Like I said before I have a healthy skepticism of things. Science is not an absolute and has been proven over and over again to be wrong as new evidence presents itself. Good on ya for being so rock solid in your beliefs.

05/19/2018 06:39 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking Science is constantly changing as new evidence is brought forward.

Truism.

but to not question science and it’s findings given how many times science has been wrong is just plain wrong.

I don't see you discussing any science in this thread; just repeating talking points.

05/19/2018 06:54 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking Wow, why the vitriol Scom? First off don’t try and pretend to know what I drive. Second I never said global warming or climate change is a hoax, /q]

You've aligned yourself with the opening post of this thread and subsequent posts by FK and Johnny. I've not seen you disagree with the opening post or Fish Killer and his hoax claims. Kind of gives the impression that you ultimately agree with the claims especially when combine with truisms about science and ALGORE talking points.

You're skeptical of the science? Then how about discussion specific reservations with methods for reconstructing paleo climate, showing where theories of atmosheric chemstry and physics as they relate to doubling the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere are incorrrect, etc...

Climate changed before man therefore man isn't affecting climate is not a logically sound position.

05/19/2018 07:27 AM

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

Again Scom I am not disputing that climate has and does change. I’m just not of the opinion that it is predominately due to man. So many act as though the debate is over. In my opinion it is not. I am all for limiting our pollution. There are plenty of scientists who have different research showing different points of view and theories on climate change. To not stay open to other theories is ignorant in my opinion. I am not a scientist nor do I claim to have all the answers. To call me ignorant because I do not subscribe to some else’s opinion is wrong. 

05/19/2018 11:49 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If it's not man, what is it?

It has to be something.

You do understand that, don't you?

Keeping an open mind is one thing, ignoring the information and going with what you are told from your news sources is another. I came to the conclusion that we influence the climate by looking at all the information available to me.

Science isn't some big mystery and it's not the boogeyman. Stop being so afraid of it.

I was right.
 05/19/2018 06:00 PM

scombrid

Skepticism has to go beyond a simple "I don't believe" or it is just another opinion.

Alternative hypotheses?

Disprove current best hypotheses?

05/20/2018 04:43 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Not sure of the hows-and-whys of what caused it, , , but Ice Cores have shown that there have been very drastic temperature/weather changes in as little as 75 years.

Usually volcanic eruptions

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/20/2018 06:18 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

NEWS IN BRIEF
Report: Ocean Levels Could Rise Foot Or More If Lots Of People Go Swimming

SILVER SPRING, MD - Scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration sounded a strong warning about rising seas Monday, saying that ocean levels around the world are projected to increase by 12 inches or more should a bunch of people go swimming at the same time. "According to our latest analysis, an increase in global mean sea level of several inches is inevitable at this point given the approach of summer beach season, when millions of people will simultaneously go for a swim," said oceanographer Paul Acosta at a press conference, adding that the increase could be "significantly higher" than currently predicted if lots of beachgoers choose to hold their breath and go under all the way. "Coastal cities and low-lying islands are the most vulnerable to rising sea levels, particularly if it's not just kids who go for a dip, but full-grown adults as well. Our best hope now is moderating the rise as much as we can by convincing people to only wade in up to their waists." Acosta also warned about the devastating possibilities of catastrophic tsunamis should everyone jump into the ocean together from a dock or off the side of a boat."

TO

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146501 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .