Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: US must act now to ward off more Russian election meddling, report says
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2018 07:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2018 07:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/...din-report/index.html

"The report warns that unless the US acts to counter the threat soon, Moscow will grow only more aggressive. And it adds a crucial caveat, given President Donald Trump's repeated refusal to acknowledge US intelligence assessments that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

'Trump has been negligent,' report says

"Without leadership from the President, any attempt to marshal such a response will be inherently weakened at the outset," it says. "President Trump has been negligent in acknowledging and responding to the threat to US national security posed by [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's meddling."

The report concludes that the US has no "coherent, comprehensive and coordinated approach to the Kremlin's malign influence operations, either abroad or at home."

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/10/2018 07:53 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/...in-report/index.html "The report warns that unless the US acts to counter the threat soon, Moscow will grow only more aggressive. And it adds a crucial caveat, given President Donald Trump's repeated refusal to acknowledge US intelligence assessments that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. 'Trump has been negligent,' report says "Without leadership from the President, any attempt to marshal such a response will be inherently weakened at the outset," it says. "President Trump has been negligent in acknowledging and responding to the threat to US national security posed by [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's meddling." The report concludes that the US has no "coherent, comprehensive and coordinated approach to the Kremlin's malign influence operations, either abroad or at home."

What? Both the RNC and DNC were warned about the likelihood of hacking attempts prior to the 2016 election. Remember the Sony hack? What about the hack of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management? Remember that one? Russia did not alter our voting machines at the ballot boxes. They exposed dumbass emails, written by dumbass Democrats, who had been warned that this was highly likely. You act like cyber-security threats are a new thing and why is the burden on Trump to ensure that the DNC is protecting their shit?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 01/10/2018 08:22 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This isn't about the DNC.

01/10/2018 08:25 AM

RustyTruck

Snipe, you should probably read the article before running on the field with your GOP pom-poms.

The Russians are targeting democratic governments around the world; funny how trump seems to be the only leader who doesn't want to act.

Make no mistake, their goal is to destabilize. Next time around they might just as easily leak damaging material on trump and help the opposition.

EDIT: Maybe they already are. That's cool?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/10/2018 08:30 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

You mean when odumbo laughed at Romneys statement on Russia in the debate?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/10/2018 08:56 AM

scombrid

I said on here a long time ago that the Russians were all over Brexit and Marine Le Pen.

I also said prior to 2016, as far back as 2011 when I started paying attention to the HAARP/Chemtrail conspiracy crowd , that I thought that the Alex Jones/Chemtrail/Birther/Truther anti-government crowd were ripe for the plucking by malicious foreign interests. That is exactly what happened. The very people that self identified as "awake" with their distrust of any official narrative were themselves unquestioningly trusting of "alternative facts" as long as the information strokes their conspiracy theories. I watched as the bots and fake people rebroadcast all the bullshit from Natural News and Infowars. The agents started providing content to Natural News, Prison Planet, Infowars, etc... and those sites happily posted the bullshit to get the clicks. We had one of the agents here bleating out the Phil Rockstroh crap. Several of our regulars have repeatedly linked to yournewswire and fake facebook accounts like TenCons. And on and on.

01/10/2018 09:20 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: scombrid

I said on here a long time ago that the Russians were all over Brexit and Marine Le Pen.

I also said prior to 2016, as far back as 2011 when I started paying attention to the HAARP/Chemtrail conspiracy crowd , that I thought that the Alex Jones/Chemtrail/Birther/Truther anti-government crowd were ripe for the plucking by malicious foreign interests. That is exactly what happened. The very people that self identified as "awake" with their distrust of any official narrative were themselves unquestioningly trusting of "alternative facts" as long as the information strokes their conspiracy theories. I watched as the bots and fake people rebroadcast all the bullshit from Natural News and Infowars. The agents started providing content to Natural News, Prison Planet, Infowars, etc... and those sites happily posted the bullshit to get the clicks. We had one of the agents here bleating out the Phil Rockstroh crap. Several of our regulars have repeatedly linked to yournewswire and fake facebook accounts like TenCons. And on and on.

On point, and add to that the campaign to delegitimize the media leaves the average unsophisticated information consumer adrift. No lie can be challenged if there is contempt for the truth.

01/10/2018 09:21 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: scombrid I said on here a long time ago that the Russians were all over Brexit and Marine Le Pen. I also said prior to 2016, as far back as 2011 when I started paying attention to the HAARP/Chemtrail conspiracy crowd , that I thought that the Alex Jones/Chemtrail/Birther/Truther anti-government crowd were ripe for the plucking by malicious foreign interests. That is exactly what happened. The very people that self identified as "awake" with their distrust of any official narrative were themselves unquestioningly trusting of "alternative facts" as long as the information strokes their conspiracy theories. I watched as the bots and fake people rebroadcast all the bullshit from Natural News and Infowars. The agents started providing content to Natural News, Prison Planet, Infowars, etc... and those sites happily posted the bullshit to get the clicks. We had one of the agents here bleating out the Phil Rockstroh crap. Several of our regulars have repeatedly linked to yournewswire and fake facebook accounts like TenCons. And on and on.

Scom, quick question. Do you believe that Donald Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton and the Democrats?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

01/10/2018 10:00 AM

scombrid

Why is he trying to block the investigation?

01/10/2018 10:04 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid

This isn't about the DNC.

The RNC was hacked too.
They're holding that info for blackmail.

Also, as revealed by Feinstein's "leak" yesterday, a Trump campaign person corroborated Steel's dossier report to the FBI, that Trump is blackmailed by Russia.
http://amp.miamiherald.com/new.../article193738829.html
 01/10/2018 10:18 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: scombrid Why is he trying to block the investigation?

Is that a yes?

01/10/2018 10:35 AM

scombrid

I'm just asking questions.

01/10/2018 11:28 AM

RustyTruck

Snipe, have you read or seen any of the Fusion GPS testimony? The part I heard was all very professional, and when they felt they were uncovering a concerted effort to interfere with the election, they went to the FBI.

So far, nothing of substance included in the dossier has been proven false, other than typos and a question of a meeting location. Check into it, draw your own conclusions, but don't take Faux News word and dismiss it without checking for yourself.

01/10/2018 11:48 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

I have to ask, if Trump didn’t even want to win the presidency (as suggested by the book, and parroted by the libtards,) then why did he collude with Russia...to win the presidency? (also parroted by the libtards)

And you wonder why no one takes you guys seriously....

Just asking questions  

01/10/2018 12:17 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

BlowbsII can't come up with an idea unless spoonfed by his right wing thought police.

Let's brainstorm for a minute:

• His Kremlin masters convinced him he wanted to win?
  • The Republican and Democratic field was so lackluster he didn't have a choice but to win?
  • Dopes like those with GOP voting registration are so intellectually vacant they thought it would be fun electing a racist?
  • Trump really isn't a stable genius and thought winning was losing?

The "collusion" may not even be part of winning the election and may just be because the commies have something on him.  He partied too hard with an oligarch and was a bad boy, or money laundering, or something...

Edited: 01/10/2018 at 12:33 PM by Greensleeves
 01/10/2018 12:29 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I have to ask, if Donald Jr. didn't want to collude with a hostile foreign government to get help to win the campaign, then why did he write an email saying exactly that, and then organize a meeting to get it?

Why did Steve Bannon get fired from Breitbart for pointing out this obvious act of treason?

Why is the POTUS obstructing justice and attacking the press and FBI on a routine basis?
 01/10/2018 01:41 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover
I have to ask, if Donald Jr. didn't want to collude with a hostile foreign government to get help to win the campaign, then why did he write an email saying exactly that, and then organize a meeting to get it?

Why did Steve Bannon get fired from Breitbart for pointing out this obvious act of treason?

Why is the POTUS obstructing justice and attacking the press and FBI on a routine basis?

Nothing illegal about wanting the information, obtaining it, or using it. Don Jr. may have wanted it but he never obtained anything or used anything. Had he offered to pay for it or paid for something, then there would be a problem.

Haven't heard anything about why Bannon was fired.

You think Trump is obstructing justice and attacking the press? What would happen if I made references to you being a pedofile in public every time I saw you and made sure everyone around knew that I thought you were a pedofile. What if I spurred an investigation into your life and family for two years as to whether or not you are a pedofile and after two years had no evidence but still constantly referred to you as a pedofile and it is starting to affect your ability to do your job? If after two years of the investigation would you be mad? Would you call me a liar and say that I am falsely accusing you? Would you consider that attacking me if you stood up for yourself?

01/10/2018 01:51 PM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: Greensleeves BlowbsII can't come up with an idea unless spoonfed by his right wing thought police.

Let's brainstorm for a minute:

• His Kremlin masters convinced him he wanted to win?
  • The Republican and Democratic field was so lackluster he didn't have a choice but to win?
  • Dopes like those with GOP voting registration are so intellectually vacant they thought it would be fun electing a racist?
  • Trump really isn't a stable genius and thought winning was losing?
The "collusion" may not even be part of winning the election and may just be because the commies have something on him.  He partied too hard with an oligarch and was a bad boy, or money laundering, or something...

Awe, look, another triggerd snowflake going into attack mode when presented with another example of libtard lunacy. Maybe you can be the comfort pet Rusty is in dire need of right now.

01/10/2018 01:53 PM

RustyTruck

If DNA testing confirmed Putin's semen in donalds rectum you guys would say there was nothing wrong with it.

01/10/2018 02:13 PM

Sniper

You are the new birthers, except there are way more of you and you are crazier.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .