Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Respected conservative writer George Will
Topic Summary: concerning comrade chumpfs dangerous disability
Created On: 05/16/2017 08:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/16/2017 08:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

the inability to think or speak clearly

It is urgent for Americans to think and speak clearly about President Trump's inability to do either. This seems to be not a mere disinclination but a disability. It is not merely the result of intellectual sloth but of an untrained mind bereft of information and married to stratospheric self-confidence. His fathomless lack of interest in America's path to the present and his limitless gullibility leave him susceptible to being blown about by gusts of factoids that cling like lint to a disorderly mind.

Americans have placed vast military power at the discretion of this mind, a presidential discretion that is largely immune to restraint by the Madisonian system of institutional checks and balances. So, it is up to the public to quarantine this presidency by insistently communicating to its elected representatives a steady, rational fear of this man whose combination of impulsivity and credulity render him uniquely unfit to take the nation into a military conflict.

-------------------------
It's a democratic hoax
 05/17/2017 01:44 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I like reading and listening to George Will.  Even when I don't agree with what he is saying his perspective is worth considering.

This part is just damn funny:

"...As a candidate, Trump did not know what the nuclear triad is. Asked about it, he said: “We have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ballgame.” Invited to elaborate, he said: “I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.” Someone Trump deemed fit to be a spokesman for him appeared on television to put a tasty dressing on her employer’s word salad: “What good does it do to have a good nuclear triad if you’re afraid to use it?” To which a retired Army colonel appearing on the same program replied with amazed asperity: “The point of the nuclear triad is to be afraid to use the damn thing.”

Plus he used the word "Strat" in his piece....bonus points!  Whoo-Hooo!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 05/17/2017 at 03:04 AM by Bamboo
 05/17/2017 06:45 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

This is the unfortunate truth. It is extremely rare to hear Trump speak in a coherent fashion on a topic for any significant period of time. His talks are very often a series of statements that are impossible to follow.

I voted for Hillary, but when Trump won I decided to give him a fair shot. IMO he has stated some good ideas but in reality he seems incapable of leading the legislature towards any of the goals he has stated.

His ignorance and disdain of our government was one of the appealing traits to those who want to see the US government torn down to a nup of it's current form. His inability to lay out any policies other than tear things down, removing regulations and drain the swamp didn't hamper his appeal.

But now it appears that these traits are extreme limitations to his ability to lead this country.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/17/2017 06:56 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If the goal of a politician is to get elected and nothing else, then he is superb!

If the goal is to be a worthy and coherent statesman representing the good of the people well he's a total pile of $hit.

Edited: 05/17/2017 at 08:07 AM by Greensleeves
 05/17/2017 07:25 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

He's back.

What he had to say before should be more clear than ever.

05/17/2017 07:28 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"When I look at myself today and I look at myself in the first grade," he told a recent biographer, "I'm basically the same." His development essentially ended in early childhood.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/17/2017 09:56 AM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

no clothes...and at the same time, best troll on the GOP ever.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .