Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hillary
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/24/2015 03:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2015 11:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Not according to Clinton, she is saying none of them were declared classified at the time, and I haven't seen anything to dispute that yet.     HAHAHA, disinformation on the part of Clinton...       The E-mails say "SECRET"   or "TOP SECRET"   or maybe "UNCLASSIFIED"   So in truth None of the E-mails were labled "CLASSIFIED" So typical Clinton, she lies while telling the truth...  NONE of them said Classified, YES BUT how about SECRET???? How about TOP SECRET??? She did NOT say that those markings were NOT on the E-mails...

-------------------------
 08/24/2015 12:04 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The current status of her "classified" email are at a level that can be viewed by roughly 4 million people in the US.

I was right.
 08/24/2015 12:18 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Incredibly cavalier, incredibly naive, or incredibly stupid. For a presidential candidate, I'd call it far worse than Huckabee's failure to understand evolution.

"cavalier, incredibly naive, or incredibly stupid"
But not devious? not "hiding something"?

I would not, unless I hear more details about any actual breach of national security, call it worse than Huckabee's "failure to understand evolution", a charitable way to put it.

Huckabee and those like him don't just not understand science, they are actively denying human knowledge on evolution, and more importantly climate change.

A president that willfully denies knowledge like that would be a disaster for the planet.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/24/2015 01:03 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Not a fan of the Hillary, and kind of hope this slicks her off the Dem ticket as I'd like to see better candidates from that side....

But, this whole classification thing is not black and white, there is a lot of gray.  Most likely she was an original classifer (Original Classification Authority) for the State Dept.  As such, she can make judgements to classify or not classify material.   If she received emails that had been classified and marked then she should have reported the data spill.  If she sent marked classified emails then she was in the wrong and should be held accountable.   If none were marked then it becomes a he-said-she-said squabble.

Google original classifer or original classificaiton authority to get an idea.  Most likely you will get a lot of DoD stuff, but many of the policies are the same.  Don't confuse the authority/rolls of an original classifier with those of a derivative classifer. 

Having said that, I don't doubt there are emails that should have been marked, but if nobody challenged the decision then there isn't a lot that can be done at this point.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/24/2015 01:36 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: WG
"cavalier, incredibly naive, or incredibly stupid"

But not devious? not "hiding something"?

I would not, unless I hear more details about any actual breach of national security, call it worse than Huckabee's "failure to understand evolution", a charitable way to put it.

Huckabee and those like him don't just not understand science, they are actively denying human knowledge on evolution, and more importantly climate change.

A president that willfully denies knowledge like that would be a disaster for the planet.

Not devious? Not hiding something? That was done with her voluntary scrub of what to hand over and what to keep secret, and quite likely as much in the decision to use a private server. I was being nice, and think you're being far too generous, or just playing dumb again.

Even if Obama "fully understood the science" he wouldn't be getting far with it. There are numerous policy advisors, cabinet members, and legislators to dampen the effects of stupidity there.

In contrast, once classified information is compromised, there is no filter to lessen the damage. Not to mention the options for short-term vs. long-term damage and correction.
 08/24/2015 03:08 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo
Most likely she was an original classifer (Original Classification Authority) for the State Dept. 

Ummmmm.....no she wasn't as to what you are claiming she could do.

She has no authority to un-classify a document that was birthed classified.

Furthermore she would know exactly what a classified document is and has NO explanation as to why there were classified documents on her un- secure server other than she was arrogant and wanted to control and delete e-mail that she didn't want others seeing.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/24/2015 03:11 PM

WG

See Bamboo's post above. I've spent plenty of time in the world of secrets too.
It's all very grey. I've classified stuff (under direction) that had no reason to be, and have seen plenty that should be that was not.

Again, without real details that show harm, or real stupidity (she's anything but) I think this will hurt her more than the Benghazi Witch hunt, but not fatally.

As far as her hiding something, of course she was.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 08/24/2015 03:16 PM

WG

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG I don't doubt that this Hillary email thing is all real, just don't think that it's the fatal blow so many of you are hoping for. It does weaken her in the general election, but I think a 3 candidate race will still mean more dynastic control for America. My rough prediction for Nov 2016 Trump 20% Clinton 45% Bush 35% Democrats make significant gains in the HOR, but Rs retain a working (no, still just blocking) majority, Senate an even split, VP again Joe Biden.

I suspect that you may be right. Should be interesting, at least.

I need to revise that. Way too optimistic.
It is going to be a lot more interesting.

Trump 27% Clinton 37% Bush 36%
And a lot of new populist indpendents in the HOR.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 08/24/2015 at 03:27 PM by WG
 08/24/2015 03:17 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: WG
Again, without real details that show harm, or real stupidity (she's anything but) I think this will hurt her more than the Benghazi Witch hunt, but not fatally.

The law doesn't stipulate 'guilt' on whether the action did harm....fool!

It stipulates that if you had classified documents where they weren't supposed to be...you're guilty!

Period.

An un-secured private server and a thumb-drive are places NO classified document is allowed to be.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/24/2015 04:58 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Originally

It's all very grey. I've classified stuff (under direction) that had no reason to be, and have seen plenty that should be that was not.

I have as well, for many years. FK could never pass a clearance to begin with, besides the FACT that he's a jackass a simple backround investigation would never allow it.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 08/24/2015 05:19 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: eibla

Originally

I have as well, for many years. FK could never pass a clearance to begin with, besides the FACT that he's a jackass a simple backround investigation would never allow it.

The law doesn't stipulate 'guilt' on whether the action did harm....fool!

It stipulates that if you had classified documents where they weren't supposed to be...you're guilty!

Period.

An un-secured private server and a thumb-drive are places NO classified document is allowed to be.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/25/2015 04:47 AM

somebodyelse

The current status of her "classified" email are at a level that can be viewed by roughly 4 million people in the US.>>

>

>

>

We, The US, are not really concerned with the 4 million that are cleared to look at this data, We, the US, are concerned with the other 315 MILLION AMERICANS that CANNOT Legally view her E-mails and...>>

8 BILLION other people on the planet that CANNOT Legally view her E-mails...>>

BUT Hilary because of Hubris exposed those Classified E-mails to 315 Million Americans and 8 Billion other people that are NOT CLEARED to see them... Then she tried to cover up her crime YES, CRIME, by deleting what she had and what she did...>>

08/25/2015 05:04 AM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: Bamboo Most likely she was an original classifer (Original Classification Authority) for the State Dept. 

She has no authority to un-classify a document that was birthed classified....

You are clearly the idiot reading from a script and have no idea what you talk about.

First off, as the head of the State Department I'd be a paycheck she is an Original Classifier. There are very few and they include the Prez, VP, and people like the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, head of the DoE, etc.

Second, you don't even know what "birthed classified" means or what it applies to, do you?

Of course you don't. 

The real term is "born secret" (your talking points puppetmasters got the term wrong) and in the USA it applies primarily information in the RD/FRD realm under the authority of the DoE/DoD.  All other information is originally classified.  But you're right about one thing, as Secretary of State she would not have authority to classify (up or down) DoE or DoD information - which is the authority over RD/FRD information. 

Cnce again your prove yourself to be the village idiot of 2L. 

Carry on.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/25/2015 06:07 AM

somebodyelse

First off, as the head of the State Department I'd be a paycheck she is an Original Classifier. There are very few and they include the Prez, VP, and people like the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, head of the DoE, etc.>>

> >

> >

2-200 Policy>>

Information may be originally classified only by the Secretary of Defense, the Secretaries of the Military Departments, and other officials who have been specifically delegated this authority in writing. Delegations of original classification authority shall be limited to the minimum required for effective operation of the Department of Defense. The authority shall be delegated only to officials who have a demonstrable and continuing need to exercise it.>>

2-201 Delegation of Authority>>

a. Information may be originally classified Top Secret only by the Secretary of Defense, the Secretaries of the Military Departments, or those officials who have been specifically delegated this authority in writing by the Secretary of Defense or the Secretaries of the Military Departments.>>

b. Information may be originally classified Secret or Confidential only by the Secretary of Defense, the Secretaries of the Military Departments, and the senior agency officials appointed by them in accordance with Section 5.6(c) of E.O. 12958 provided those senior agency officials have also been delegated original Top Secret classification authority. Senior Agency Officials of the Military Departments may further delegate original Secret and Confidential classification authority as necessary to respond to requests received under the provisions of paragraphs c and d. below.>>

c. Requests for original classification authority for officials serving in OSD and the DoD Components other than the Military Departments shall be submitted to the ASD(C3I). These requests will specify the position title for which the authority is requested, provide a brief justification for the request, and be submitted through established organizational channels.>>

d. Requests for original classification authority shall be granted only when (1) original classification is required during the normal course of operations in the organization, (2) sufficient expertise and information is available to the prospective original classification authority to permit effective classification decision-making, (3) the need for original classification cannot be eliminated by issuance of classification guidance by existing original classification authorities, and (4) referral of decisions to existing original classification authorities at higher levels in the chain of command or supervision is not practical.>>

(there are 4 million Americans who handle Classified documents, It is NOT practical for every document to be submitted to higher levels in the chain of Command. Therefore delegates of authority exist in every organization that handles Classified documents that have the authority to 'classify' any document that the organization has deemed Confidential, Secret or Top Secret.)>>

08/25/2015 07:43 AM

Bamboo

^^^

???? Not sure what the point of that post is other than to reinforce that the comment "Don't confuse the authority/rolls of an original classifier with those of a derivative classifer" is accurate.

Are you trying to say she didn't have Original Classification Authority (a.k.a. original classifier) as Secretary of State? 

BTW - don't get too far in the weeds over my posts.  All I am saying is that as long as the material wasn't marked she had the authority to deem it as classified or unclassified.  Not trying to say how she handled her email server was correct or if she mis-handled marked material.

08/25/2015 09:38 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: Bamboo Most likely she was an original classifer (Original Classification Authority) for the State Dept. 

She has no authority to un-classify a document that was birthed classified....

You are clearly the idiot reading from a script and have no idea what you talk about.

First off, as the head of the State Department I'd be a paycheck she is an Original Classifier. There are very few and they include the Prez, VP, and people like the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, head of the DoE, etc.

Second, you don't even know what "birthed classified" means or what it applies to, do you?

Of course you don't. 

The real term is "born secret" (your talking points puppetmasters got the term wrong) and in the USA it applies primarily information in the RD/FRD realm under the authority of the DoE/DoD.  All other information is originally classified.  But you're right about one thing, as Secretary of State she would not have authority to classify (up or down) DoE or DoD information - which is the authority over RD/FRD information. 

Cnce again your prove yourself to be the village idiot of 2L. 

Carry on.

You really need to bone up on your 'classified' crap as what you type is grade 'A' Bovine Feces!

On the NATIONAL NEWS 'born classified' is an hourly term.....used many times per hour.

As for Hillionaire Clinton...better get your facts straight.....NO one is allowed to declassify ANY classified document except the agency that first classified it!

Fact!

Hillionaire had numerous 'classified' documents go across her server and through HER e-mail that were BORN classified....from the day they were produced. The only way they could be DECLASIFIED is to have the original classifier to take the classification AWAY.

That didn't happen...MORON!

So lets recap....Hillionaire passed on classified documents that were classified BEFORE she received them and through her personal e-mail on her personal un-secure ILLEGAL server. They were 'born classified' as the information was from heads of state from foreign countries and the details of the information (probably conversations of nuclear materials or weapons) makes them BORN classified! She can't claim that they weren't classified as they were (from the day they were documented from the source) and she could have not removed the classification legally....no matter what you think she is capable of doing as an 'original classifier' (Original Classification Authority).

FOOL!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 08/25/2015 at 09:46 AM by Fish Killer
 08/29/2015 09:15 AM

dingpatch

FBI Investigating Hillary Clinton for Possible Violation of the Espionage Act
by Debra Heine
August 28, 2015 - 3:41 pm

The Clinton camp has been insisting for weeks that the FBI's probe into Hillary Clinton's secret email server is just a minor "civil investigation," but according to a Fox News report Friday afternoon, the "extremely serious" investigation is being led by an "FBI A-team" and centers on a section of the Espionage Act known as 18 US Code 793.

A separate source, who also was not authorized to speak on the record, said the FBI will further determine whether Clinton should have known, based on the quality and detail of the material, that emails passing through her server contained classified information regardless of the markings. The campaign's standard defense and that of Clinton is that she "never sent nor received any email that was marked classified" at the time.

It is not clear how the FBI team's findings will impact the probe itself. But the details offer a window into what investigators are looking for - as the Clinton campaign itself downplays the controversy.

The FBI offered no comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

A leading national security attorney, who recently defended former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling in a leak investigation, told Fox News that violating the Espionage Act provision in question is a felony and pointed to a particular sub-section.

"Under [sub-section] F, the documents relate to the national defense, meaning very closely held information," attorney Edward MacMahon Jr. explained. "Somebody in the government, with a clearance and need to know, then delivered the information to someone not entitled to receive it, or otherwise moved it from where it was supposed to be lawfully held."

Dora Hates You
 08/29/2015 06:51 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"A separate source, who also was not authorized to speak on the record"

Ya gotta love Fox news!

I was right.
 08/30/2015 04:31 PM

dingpatch

Dora Hates You
 08/31/2015 01:50 PM

dingpatch

Mystery deepens into how classified emails got onto Clinton's unclassified server
By Malia ZimmermanPublished August 31, 2015FoxNews.com

The daily revelations over classified information finding its way onto Hillary Clinton's personal email server are raising perplexing questions for former government officials who wonder how classified information made its way onto the former secretary of state's non-classified server -- especially since the two systems are not connected.

"It is hard to move classified documents into the non-classified system. You couldn't move a document by mistake," said Willes Lee, a former operations officer for the U.S. Army in Europe and former operations officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

State Department spokesman Alec Gerlach confirmed the two systems don't connect. "The classified and unclassified system are separate and you cannot email between the two," Gerlach told Fox News.

The Clinton campaign adamantly denies any emails traversing Clinton's homebrew server were marked classified at the time. The intelligence community inspector general says "potentially hundreds" of classified emails may be in the mix, but acknowledges at least some were not properly marked.

So if the Clinton denial is to be believed, individuals in her inner circle would have simply typed or scanned classified information into a non-classified system without regard for its contents. In this case, emails would have started in, and stayed in, the unclassified system -- albeit improperly, based on the findings of the intelligence inspector general.

But if it turns out emails literally jumped from the classified to the non-classified system -- something the State Department claims cannot happen -- it would seem to point to Clinton's staff going to great lengths to create a work-around to do so.

A government employee doing so would commit numerous felonies, according to Bradford Higgins, who served as assistant secretary of state for resource management and chief financial officer from 2006-2009. "A violation, in addition to criminal charges and potential prosecution, would likely mean that person who committed the breach would never again be given a security clearance," Higgins said.

The State Department has indicated it sees no evidence of this criminal scenario. Classified documents are supposed to be marked, and State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters at an Aug. 13 briefing "we have no indications" any classification markings were stripped. Clinton's defense has been that the emails in question were later deemed classified, after they traversed her server.

But Higgins is skeptical.

"Emails don't change from unclassified to classified. The originator of the email decides the classification before it is sent out based on basic protocols, not subsequent readers," Higgins said. "I believe it would be highly unusual for an unclassified email to later become classified."

Regardless of how it happened, Lee faulted Clinton and her staff.

"It is not as if Hillary Clinton and her staff do not know the rules and the law," he said.

"I think what it is going to come down to is very sloppy, unprofessional procedures," said Steven Bucci, assistant to former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and deputy assistant secretary of defense who is now at The Heritage Foundation.

While government watchdogs looking into the Clinton emails say classified material was improperly sent or received, so far they have not publicly alleged that emails jumped between systems.

I. Charles McCullough, III, inspector general of the intelligence community, and Steve Linick, inspector general for the Department of State, said in a July 24 statement that of 40 emails the State Department allowed them to review in an audit, four contained intelligence community-derived information that remains classified today. But the information did not contain classified markings or dissemination controls, they said.

They said: "This information should never have been transmitted via an unclassified personal system."

McCullough said, though, that "we were informed by State FOIA officials that there are potentially hundreds of classified emails within approximately 30,000 provided by Secretary Clinton."

He reiterated that while emails they saw were not marked as such, some should have been "handled as classified, appropriately marked, and transmitted via a secured network."

One of the emails that sparked the FBI probe was sent in April 2011 from Clinton aide Huma Abedin and covered intelligence from three agencies, Fox News first reported. Other emails that contained classified information came from diplomats with confidential material, according to the AP.

Pro-Clinton super PAC Correct the Record, which maintained Clinton's use of personal email followed the precedent of other secretaries of state and she did not violate any laws, said in a recent statement that government agencies often classify information differently from each other and that "government agencies also are notorious for over-classifying material."

Another security concern is Clinton attorney David Kendall's possession of thumb drives, which he recently gave the FBI.

The State Department would not provide details on the documents given to Kendall. "Removable drives need to be approved," Gerlach said, adding that he cannot get into specific security requirements.

Clinton and her staff may have had the ability to use thumb drives, but that would be unusual at the State Department, and it also defeats the purpose of a top secret computer, a classified printer, or what's known as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), Higgins said.

A SCIF is a room or building where classified material can be reviewed, designed and built so nothing electronic can go in or out except over secured lines.

Higgins noted other differences in how classified and non-classified systems are handled. "At State, your classified hard drive sits in your safe and only comes out for occasional use and must be returned to the safe before you leave at night," he said. "Even printing out top-secret needs a top-secret printer, which is carefully monitored."

He added, "As I recall at State, classified computers didn't have ports for thumb drives to download secret info."

The security implication is clear, he said: "Everything on her server has been compromised."

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Hillary

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .