Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pentagon does not support arming all miiltary personnel
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2015 12:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/31/2015 07:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

07/31/2015 10:33 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I did some work at the Cherry Point Marine base in NC and was actually surprised that they didn't carry weapons (other than the gate guards).

-------------------------
I was right.
 07/31/2015 10:46 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

07/31/2015 02:15 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole I watched a young marine get his ass handed to him after trying to take on an entire bar full of people. The Marines make robot killing machines, I can see the Pentagon's point.

There you have it, people. All Marines are "robot killing machines" because Cole met a Marine that was an asshole one time. I'm pretty sure that most of the people that agree with you on most of your views probably read your statement above and said, "yeah....we're just going to pretend he didn't say that....", because it is stupid.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 07/31/2015 02:57 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

His point is they aren't known for good judgement. They need close supervision. These aren't Chesty Puller's marines.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/31/2015 03:06 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Marines are conditioned to fight and never give up, even when things get waayy over their heads.

Like I said, there must be some reason the Brass doesn't want to arm their peace time soldiers.

I was right.
 08/05/2015 08:04 AM

longboardwes

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yes, most (if not all) military bases have armed guards. To me the question should be directed more to recruiting stations and reserve centers.

Personally I don't see a problem with recruiters carrying a sidearm. They're generally older and more mature that the average recruit. At a minimum, provide a safe (small armory) with weapons.

As to reserve centers, stupidity takes over. Do you realize how many police officers are reservists? Legally speaking, these individuals are strongly encouraged (at least at my agency) to conceal carry off duty however not allowed to carry on a federal installation. Hell, I've actually arrested a reservist from my reserve center. And yes, I know a few of you have probably seen police cruisers at reserve centers. Technically they're breaking the law.
 08/05/2015 08:15 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole

I watched a young marine get his ass handed to him after trying to take on an entire bar full of people.

The Marines make robot killing machines, I can see the Pentagon's point.

There you have it, people. All Marines are "robot killing machines" because Cole met a Marine that was an asshole one time.

I've known lots of marines.If they were grunts then sure they were capable of "robot killing machine mode". The job. A little bit of it came out when they were drunk, yes they did act like drunken assholes.

Doesn't mean they are assholes in life or on the Internets.
Mostly great men.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .