Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Questions about Playalinda
Topic Summary: Sandbars
Created On: 04/09/2018 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Questions about Playalinda   - utility23 - 04/09/2018 01:18 PM  
 Questions about Playalinda   - K07 - 04/09/2018 02:07 PM  
 Questions about Playalinda   - SpeedyForfin - 04/10/2018 04:33 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/10/2018 04:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SpeedyForfin

Joined Forum: 12/30/2016

For me down in south CB Matthew and Irma were not very destructive. In fact both storms did not seem to have a negative impact on the outer bars though they did dig a bit in the middle.  In the weeks following both storms I can remember some really fun smaller days when the breaks were working pretty well, albeit slow over the middle so recovery was pretty quick.

Riley, however, with 10 ft+ @ 15-16sec for days on end with a big north push was a totally different beast here.  Things will come back but it's all dependent on the weather and swell patterns. Even though I've been tracking this for many years I still cannot seem to nail down exactly what conditions seem to rebuild the bars best, other than time between our "big" swells, but eventually they do come back.  Sometimes its a few weeks and sometimes its a month or two.  I've never seen it real bad for more than about 60 days.  All is not lost, however, since the shorepound can be fun if you dont mind a little added risk and occasionally some sand in the crack.  I use a good bit more volume when surfing the dumping shorepound to make sure I get in early and so far I've had no problems and, surprisingly, a few really fun ones over the last few weeks.

Sorry to answer about sandbars in a differnt location and not Playalinda specifically but I think the same variables, more or less, are in play.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .