Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Prayers needed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/29/2016 08:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2016 05:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

NSIsharkbait

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

What kind of "god" gives children leukemia anyway? Sounds like a prick to me.
I wont be praying to any "god", but I'm sure science and technology will heal your child.
I wish your little man the best.

-------------------------
https://i.imgur.com/rMXKWWK.gifv
 01/30/2016 05:23 AM

fausteddie

Joined Forum: 08/10/2009

Certon,

Stay stong and know that there are a bunch of people sending you and your family love and prayers. Dark times visit us without rhyme or reason, but I know this too shall pass and you will be lookng at it in your rear view mirror years from now with a healthy son and an appreciation for every single day.

01/30/2016 05:50 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

all in, thoughs and prayers

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 01/30/2016 05:57 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Tim,

Mrs. Dingpatch and I send our prayers to you and yours.

When you are ready and able, please let us know what you feel comfortable with sharing on 2ndlight. Knowledge is Power.

I've beaten That Nasty Bitch cancer twice now and will send your son any and all Good Karma that I can.

God Bless.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 01/30/2016 at 06:10 AM by dingpatch
 01/30/2016 07:39 AM

SonSurf

Joined Forum: 10/13/2010

Mark 16;18   last sentence of scripture .THEY WILL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK 'AND THEY WILL RECOVER .   Please do not hesitate to cal me 321 863 8645 ! 

01/30/2016 08:42 AM

palmtreeg

Joined Forum: 04/27/2010

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family!

As a father of 3 I can't imagine what you are going through, but know that all of this positive karma and energy will heal your child quickly ....

3 good resources I would want to know about: the China study (book); anti-cancer (book) the MD author had brain cancer and has been cancer free many years now; and forbidden cures ( search YouTube )

Alkalinity and laughter kill cancer cells!

Brevard Surf Report
 01/30/2016 10:34 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo We all are in agreement that God will heal this child and comfort the family.

Speak for yourself. Great medical care and a treatment plan founded on solid science is what will heal this child. So this is what I wish them the best of luck in finding.

Good luck and I will be thinking of this child giving my best wishes.

01/30/2016 11:00 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

I learned of this thread through a friend/doctor/surfer in our small local community and we are also very appreciative to my surfing buddy Paul (equipeola) who probably misses me taking all the waves in the backyard for posting it.    So many of you have contacted us offline too.

In this time of extreme emotions for our family during this next challenge, it’s brought solace to know that powerful positive energy in so many forms is being directed toward our son from the 2ndlight community. 

It’s like we know we’re about to endure a heavy multi-wave hold down and have just been hit by the first wave in the set, but we all took a full deep breath before we went under together and we are focused on staying relaxed and doing what is necessary to reach the surface and paddle back out to the point again. 

We also know we’re not alone in the water and that means so much more than I can put into my own words...

CLICK ME                                                     

I’ve come to realize 2ndlight is more than just a forum, it’s a community of caring people who surf and I’m fortunate to be a part of it with close friends, neighbors, and so many others… 2ndlight was our source for identifying “local surfers in need” to sponsor for our CERTON golf tournaments, including Eddie Guilbeau and Matt Bellina, who are both reaping the benefits of good vibes and 2ndlight community support.  We’ve been very fortunate in our lives and have grown much stronger through adversity.

I’ll provide an update for those interested and I would also like to offer our family’s help to anyone that may need it in the future… this can come in many forms, even if it’s just sharing information related to our experience as it continues to develop.  Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital and the team of doctors in Rydyr’s corner have also been invaluable.  I’m very pragmatic in how I handle situations and our 10 year old boy is very mature making it easy for me to communicate with him on an adult level about all aspects of what is happening to him.  Most of the doctors have found this to be a breath of fresh air.  Rydyr even agreed to donate additional bone marrow samples to cancer research to help the science behind treatment and a potential cures for leukemia and that made me a very proud Dad. I've also shed a ton of tears.

What we know now:

The diagnosis is “pre-B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia” or “pre-B cell ALL”.  It is the most common in children and fortunately the most likely to be cured.

Treatment:

INTENSE chemotherapy for the first 28 days, which involves 4 different drugs, 3 of which are administered via IV port to be installed in his next procedure along with a spinal tap and 1 of which is taken orally. 

Prognosis:

97% probability of “remission” after 28 days, where “remission” means the levels of lymphoblasts in his blood are less than 0.01%.  Regardless of whether the treatment is successful, meaning he achieves “remission”, the chemotherapy continues for several 57 day blocks with 1 week recovery periods in between to completely eradicate the cancerous cells.

Rydyr is doing great, his spirits are high, he's a stubborn boy who loves life and is ready to fight, and the doctors are optimistic, thank you for all your strength and encouragement… keep it flowing it does make a difference and we’ll be back out in the lineup soon.  

-The Stockton Family 

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 01/30/2016 11:09 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I feel really bad for you. I can't even imagine what you are going through and really don't know what to say other than we are here for you. You rock Certon! Hope you, your son, and family the best and I hope you beat this.
 01/30/2016 11:25 AM

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I feel really bad for you. I can't even imagine what you are going through and really don't know what to say other than we are here for you. You rock Certon! Hope you, your son, and family the best and I hope you beat this.

X2.

You have such positive energy in your posts here. Hang on to it for your son and family.
 01/30/2016 12:41 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Keep us posted, if/when you can.

Oh, and, be sure to let Rydyr know that chicks think that a cleanly shaven head is mucho sexy! Let's hope that he gets some really hot nurses! Let him have a laugh about something.

Dora Hates You
 01/30/2016 01:01 PM

Nat

Joined Forum: 06/07/2014

So moved by all the Love being shown for your son. Praying for healing and giving thanks that is granted him. 

Nat

01/30/2016 01:08 PM

zoomino

Joined Forum: 08/19/2011

I wish your family comfort and your son to be free of cancer

minh

01/30/2016 01:37 PM

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

Wishing you and your familey nothing but the best ! I have been there!

01/30/2016 06:07 PM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Not what I wanted to see logging in here this eve. I've met you a time or two with "Sneetek" back in the day. Prayers/Science/ whatever it takes for your son to pull through this you got it.
 01/31/2016 09:24 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

"Hey Dad, keep your head up high... Get it?" -Rydyr

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 01/31/2016 12:17 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

All the best and good luck!!
 01/31/2016 04:46 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Certon,
Your stoke and energy alone will carry your son to recovery.
The closest thing I have to your situation is my brother's son in 1991 who was hammered by an unknown virus that paralyzed him for 2 years.
That boy just graduated from UF with 3 engineering degrees.
God speed to your son and thankful you and your wife have the energy to overcome!
 01/31/2016 06:37 PM

Dark Helmet

Joined Forum: 06/01/2005

Keeping your family in my prayers.
 01/31/2016 06:42 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Ongoing prayers from this corner of the world as well. And of what I've read, A.L.L. is very treatable. Best wishes.
FORUMS : Surfing : Prayers needed

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .