Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/18/2017 11:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/18/2017 11:58 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - WG - 05/18/2017 12:16 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/18/2017 12:22 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - WG - 05/18/2017 12:24 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/18/2017 12:27 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Fish Killer - 05/18/2017 12:39 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - johnny - 05/18/2017 12:26 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - WG - 05/18/2017 12:30 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/18/2017 12:41 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - WG - 05/18/2017 01:05 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - SuperTeeBird - 05/18/2017 01:16 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Greensleeves - 05/18/2017 01:01 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - WG - 05/18/2017 01:55 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - SuperTeeBird - 05/18/2017 03:31 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Fish Killer - 05/18/2017 03:46 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - SuperTeeBird - 05/18/2017 04:28 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - 3rdworldlover - 05/18/2017 05:51 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Cole - 05/18/2017 07:09 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/18/2017 07:53 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Cole - 05/19/2017 05:11 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/22/2017 05:53 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Cole - 05/22/2017 06:12 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/22/2017 09:27 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - jdbman - 05/22/2017 09:59 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/22/2017 11:53 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - theglide - 05/22/2017 01:38 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Greensleeves - 05/22/2017 10:06 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/22/2017 11:50 AM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Greensleeves - 05/22/2017 02:28 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - jdbman - 05/22/2017 02:34 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - jdbman - 05/22/2017 03:45 PM  
 Did you know that a Ukraine-based, private, cyber-security firm determined the DNC was hacked by Russians after the FBI was denied access to DNC equipment?   - Sniper - 05/23/2017 06:54 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2017 11:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Most people here seem pretty damn positive that the DNC was hacked by the Russians and that U.S. intelligence agencies blessed those reports.

Try opening your mind, reading the two articles below, and letting me know if you are still as certain about this claim, once you finish reading them both.

From a source rated to be to the left of Al Jazeera.

Another interesting set facts.

If you don't have time to read the articles, then no big deal. There are plenty of other threads for you to comment on.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/18/2017 12:16 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I'm laughing hard at your "to the left of Al Jazeera bit." regarding the well respected Slate combined with no irony with a "facts" link to a conspiracy spewing blog, but I did find the first one interesting.
I had trouble reading the 2nd it behaved very poorly in my browser, probably busy planting some Russian spyware or something.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/18/2017 12:22 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: WG I'm laughing hard at your "to the left of Al Jazeera bit." regarding the well respected Slate combined with no irony with a "facts" link to a conspiracy spewing blog, but I did find the first one interesting. I had trouble reading the 2nd it behaved very poorly in my browser, probably busy planting some Russian spyware or something.
Laugh away.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

05/18/2017 12:24 PM

WG

Based on their audience! I don't doubt that.
Al Jazeera is hardly liberal, just an interesting different perspective.
Liberals general seek out the more thorough and honest sources.

Slate has never been the sort of tabloid shit that appeals to those who want fake news shit fed at them.

That article is a good demonstration of their lack of bias.

And I'm laughing more at the "facts" bit regard a "zero hedge' repost from an alt right blogger.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/18/2017 12:27 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: WG Based on their audience! I don't doubt that. Liberal general seek out the more honest sources. Al Jazeera is hardly liberal. And I'm laughing more at the "facts" bit.
What are you disputing?

05/18/2017 12:39 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: WG

Liberals general seek out the more thorough and honest sources.

Bwahahahahahahah!

Yeah...like CNN...NBC...ABC...MSNBC...CBS!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/18/2017 12:26 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

honest, lol

dripping in delusion
 05/18/2017 12:30 PM

WG

That your second link contains "facts". I can't read it because of the mess, but the "zero hedge" site is known for publishing piles of conspiracy crap, the "author" used a lame alias and she just reposted it from a Republican party propaganda blogger.

-edited to strike the unprovable FBI bit

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 05/18/2017 at 12:38 PM by WG
 05/18/2017 12:41 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: WG That your second link contains "facts". I can't read it because of the mess, but the "zero hedge" site is known for publishing piles of conspiracy crap, the "author" used a lame alias and she just reposted it from a Republican party propaganda blogger. -edited to strike the unprovable FBI bit
So, you would fall into the category I mentioned of people not able to read both. Have a great day!

05/18/2017 01:05 PM

WG

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: WG

That your second link contains "facts". I can't read it because of the mess, but the "zero hedge" site is known for publishing piles of conspiracy crap, the "author" used a lame alias and she just reposted it from a Republican party propaganda blogger.

-edited to strike the unprovable FBI bit

So, you would fall into the category I mentioned of people not able to read both. Have a great day!

I made the attempt, and will try again (of course with a healthy skepticism based upon the lack of credibility of the source) on a different machine that's less constrained by all of the safety features on this one.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/18/2017 01:16 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Troll threads are not about argument or facts.

They are about infantile emotional payoffs.

05/18/2017 01:01 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It would be better I suppose if they found the hacking was done by RNC operatives but we know that based on their choice for Presidential candidate that they would be too stupid to hack much less use a computer.

Crowdstrike is not that big of a firm but appears to have good credibility beyond name recognition.

The FBI is on record that their analysts determined that the Russian's wanted Twitler to win. Of course they did! He's a flaming sympathizer that McCarthy would have had blacklisted and now y'all love him (and that stooge Sessions).

Russian meddling in elections worldwide is known.
 05/18/2017 01:55 PM

WG

I'm not sure what sort of emotional payoff was expected from this one.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/18/2017 03:31 PM

SuperTeeBird

I'm not saying it makes sense.

Some people get off on strange things.

05/18/2017 03:46 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

I'm not saying it makes sense.

Some people get off on strange things.

Or maybe you're just full of shit.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/18/2017 04:28 PM

SuperTeeBird

^ Exhibit A.

05/18/2017 05:51 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Doesn't matter, since FBI and others corroborated the private firms assessment, all agree.

Also reported bank in January, "a source close to the investigation says FBI didn't need the DNC servers because it already had the forensic data from upstream collection." -wired
 05/18/2017 07:09 PM

Cole

But it still points to Russia, so what's your point?

I was right.
 05/18/2017 07:53 PM

Sniper

My point is that the FBI, nor any other U.S. intelligence agency, was ever granted access to the DNC systems. The DNC denied access to them. All of the U.S. intelligence, none of which any of us have seen, is going off information fed to them by a private, Ukraine-based firm with an axe to grind with Russia, hired by the DNC, with a co-founder who donated $10M to the Clinton Foundation. I can't think of another situation of this magnitude that has been left up to a foreign, private, company to do the investigative work for and our intelligence agencies have been shut out of. I found it odd and Slate, of all places, found it odd. If the shoe was on the other foot and the RNC refused to hand over access to their systems, yet granted it to a Russian company with a history of donating large sums of money to Trump's foundation, then I'm sure you would see it another way, as well. Even at the end of Slate's article they aren't able to answer the question that prompted the writer to write it. Why wouldn't the DNC allow the FBI to investigate their servers? My question would be why that was even an option. Does the FBI have to ask permission to go through my stuff if they see a reason to do so? Do I have the permission to deny that to them? I doubt it. I would imagin that most of you believed that U.S. intelligence agencies were the ones who suggested the DNC was hacked by Russia until you read this. Based on what I have read, I'm not as comfortable just accepting what they say as I would if I knew findings were from a law enforcement agency. Maybe Trump should hire a similar firm for to do the investigation for the independent commission.

Edited: 05/22/2017 at 05:54 AM by Sniper
 05/19/2017 05:11 AM

Cole

After the briefing, Trump even agreed the hacking came from Russia.

Nine separate US investigative agencies and the sitting president agreed it was Russia. Yes, there are questions, but the results are firm.

Sniper, did you have no issue with trump allowing TASS and rejecting the US media in his oval office meeting with Russia?

I was right.
 05/22/2017 05:53 AM

Sniper

Cole, did you read the stories or not?

You are free to continue believing in this Russian conspiracy/collusion story but if you do, just know that U.S. intelligence agencies never had access to DNC information technology infrastructure. A private, Ukraine-based, company, whose co-founder has it out for Russia, donated $10M to The Clinton Foundation, and has been proven wrong about blaming Russia for other cyber-attacks, was given access to that equipment. All of the information that we have about the DNC hacks came from that organization.

05/22/2017 06:12 AM

Cole

We 100% know Flynn was in communications with Russian agents before the election.

We 100% know Cushner was in contact with Russia before the election.

We 100% know Trump's sons had meeting with Russians before the election.

We 100% know Assange was releasing info to Trump before the election.

We 100% know that Trump was reading false information that had only run on Russian State news.

We 100% know that Trump asked the Russians for Clinton's e-mails.

Trump and his staff don't know what the FBI has on them and now they will be held accountable under subpoena.

If you are correct and Russia had nothing to do with it, Trump will be cleared. If you are wrong, we will have a different president. How we get there doesn't really matter.

I was right.
 05/22/2017 09:27 AM

Sniper

I didn't realize that meeting with Kislyak automatically makes you a criminal. Pretty tough for him to be an ambassador to the United States if no one from the U.S. is allowed to speak to him.

In addition to Flynn and Kushner, quite a few Democrats also met with Kislyak. Landrieu, Cantwell, Casey, Klobuchar, Reed, Whitehouse, and McCaskill are among the Democrats who also met with Kislyak. Should we kick them all out of office? Should we launch investigations into all of them?

My point is that it isn't uncommon for foreign ambassadors to meet with high-ranking and high-profile people in the countries they are assigned to.

You said Assange released information to Trump. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Assange released information to everyone.

If Trump actually had relationships with people at the Kremlin, don't you think he would ask them privately to look for Hillary's emails instead of joking about it on television?

I'm 100% onboard with letting this play out. What are you guys going to do if we get to the end of this investigation and you don't have anymore evidence that anyone committed a crime than you have after searching for a year? You still don't even know what you are accusing Trump of.

05/22/2017 09:59 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

You still don't even know what you are accusing Trump of.
snip

Eventually it will be: Income tax evasion, money laundering, violation of various RICO statutes, obstruction of justice, treason, perjury, fraud, feel free to add to the list.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/22/2017 11:53 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: jdbman
You still don't even know what you are accusing Trump of.
snip Eventually it will be: Income tax evasion, money laundering, violation of various RICO statutes, obstruction of justice, treason, perjury, fraud, feel free to add to the list.

So, just throwing it all at the wall and praying that something sticks, huh? That's what I thought. Excellent strategy. None of the other voters will see this for what it is. I recommend you keep it up.

05/22/2017 01:38 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

throwing it all at the wall

"It" was significant enough for Flynn, Mike Dense and others to lie about it.

05/22/2017 10:06 AM

Greensleeves

The FBI paid a firm to unlock the San Bernadino terrorist's iphone so this is not new. HOWEVER, let's say the FBI has a way of knowing this information but don't want to disclose it. I'd persue getting permission too.
 05/22/2017 11:50 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Greensleeves The FBI paid a firm to unlock the San Bernadino terrorist's iphone so this is not new. HOWEVER, let's say the FBI has a way of knowing this information but don't want to disclose it. I'd persue getting permission too.

Apples and oranges. The FBI didn't ask the San Bernadino terrorist for his phone after the attack and then have him tell them that he would do no such thing but he would hand the phone to a company with a history of backing jihadist causes and let them tell the FBI what they found.

05/22/2017 02:28 PM

Greensleeves

It's what Ken Starr did to the Clinton's. Lets give it the old college try shall we? The American people want to know. Which most Faux loving bubble people don't really get.
 05/22/2017 02:34 PM

jdbman

I recommend you keep it up.
snipper

Will do. I think I'll go for International war crimes also. I'm pushing for hanging to be brought back.

Really only need one of those to stick . Hell just the investigation may be enough to get the pos to resign.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/22/2017 03:45 PM

jdbman

gee I have not even mentioned Pence yet. This dirt bag is going down too. More on that latter.

05/23/2017 06:54 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: jdbman gee I have not even mentioned Pence yet. This dirt bag is going down too. More on that latter.

You bring up a good point. This isn't about Trump. The left is going to give this same treatment to anyone who disagrees with them, wins an election, and acts like they won the election. You guys like Republican candidates who give good concession speeches. Many of you guys say you like Jeb Bush and McCain and many other establishment candidates but the truth is that if any of them had beaten Hillary, you might not be accusing them of Russian collusion but there would be a full assault underway.

The Ruskers have bet the farm on this Russian collusion story and you have no evidence of any crimes. I honestly can't understand how the media is still talking about a story with no new developments for this long.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .