Hang 10... or as they now say...hit the lip!

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rincon, PR Charter Fishing?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/05/2017 09:17 AM
Status: Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/05/2017 09:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


baddarryl

Posts: 1153
Joined: 09/27/2003

Hi all. Wifepoo and I are headed down there next week. Can anyone recommend a one day charter for us? Would be just the two of us, but we could share a boat if need be. Thanks.
 02/06/2017 08:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


stokedpanda

Posts: 2563
Joined: 09/04/2015

Not sure of specifics but remember seeing guys on tv catching big tarpon in the lagoon right by the airport, that would be fun!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 02/08/2017 04:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Mufasa

Posts: 149
Joined: 08/06/2003

fishrinconpr.com. Makaira is the name of the boat, these guys absolutely kill it. Really nice 33 ft Contender, they are right in Rincon.
 02/08/2017 02:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Wedgefield

Posts: 388
Joined: 12/18/2003

Originally posted by: stokedpanda Not sure of specifics but remember seeing guys on tv catching big tarpon in the lagoon right by the airport, that would be fun!
The tarpon pool is near San Juan airport, not Rincon area... on my todo list next trip. Makaira will take you out to Desacheo if the winds permit.
 02/21/2017 08:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


baddarryl

Posts: 1153
Joined: 09/27/2003

When I was there there was too much swell for Makaria to get out of the boat launch in Rincon. In fact no one went out for a few days so we went down to Boqureon and went Tarpon fishing with Capt Ponchy of LightTackleAdventures. Great fun and 1/2 the price of a deep sea trip. The wife actually caught more than me and got some great photos of wrecks and birds and stuff. Well worth it. [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/baddarryl/media/16602760_10212133748449087_8190707917349687189_n_zpszipgnsja.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/baddarryl/media/16711483_10154061433070378_1429182098487493060_n_zpsandg5feg.jpg.html][/URL]
 02/22/2017 08:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


GreenLantern

Posts: 1231
Joined: 10/02/2007

nice pictures

read the caption and then the text
saw the first picture and was thinking 'wife' ? tried to figure out who was the 'wife'

then saw the second picture thank goodness
i was relieved


not that there would be anything wrong with that lol

 02/22/2017 08:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Cole

Posts: 30589
Joined: 07/22/2003

One of the deepest trenches in the Atlantic is just off of PR. Some of the World's best blue water fishing.

-------------------------
Trump/Putin 2016!
 02/23/2017 06:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


stokedpanda

Posts: 2563
Joined: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: baddarryl

When I was there there was too much swell for Makaria to get out of the boat launch in Rincon. In fact no one went out for a few days so we went down to Boqureon and went Tarpon fishing with Capt Ponchy of LightTackleAdventures. Great fun and 1/2 the price of a deep sea trip. The wife actually caught more than me and got some great photos of wrecks and birds and stuff. Well worth it.

[URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/baddarryl/media/16602760_10212133748449087_8190707917349687189_n_zpszipgnsja.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/baddarryl/media/16711483_10154061433070378_1429182098487493060_n_zpsandg5feg.jpg.html][/URL]


What did you guys use for bait mullet? I saw a show where they were using mullet and big perch looking mojarra things

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 02/26/2017 10:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Lunchmeat

Posts: 1824
Joined: 08/02/2003

Originally posted by: Wedgefield

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

Not sure of specifics but remember seeing guys on tv catching big tarpon in the lagoon right by the airport, that would be fun!


The tarpon pool is near San Juan airport, not Rincon area... on my todo list next trip.
Makaira will take you out to Desacheo if the winds permit.


I dont think you can fish at Desecheo as its a protected sanctuary. Ive been diving there several times and it kills me that I cant take a lobster!
Statistics
134390 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Hello to Matt B