Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: national emergency
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2019 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/15/2019 01:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Arizona paper anomaly explained:

The author is John Lott, well known for fudging the numbers for the NRA, favorite talking head on Fox News in the wake of every mass shooting.

Academic transgressions include fabrication of entire surveys, presenting faulty regressions, creating false online personas to support his work, and a long history of false claims and statistics in his articles and tv appearances.
 02/15/2019 01:19 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Arizona paper anomaly explained:

The author is John Lott, well known for fudging the numbers for the NRA, favorite talking head on Fox News in the wake of every mass shooting.

Academic transgressions include fabrication of entire surveys, presenting faulty regressions, creating false online personas to support his work, and a long history of false claims and statistics in his articles and tv appearances.

So, what speciifically is this person disputing about his study? If they can't say what they are disputing but rely on generalities then that doesn't count.

I really just posted that as an example that you can basically find a study to support just about anything you want.

The DOJ/DHS stats should tell most people what they need to cool.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 02/15/2019 at 01:22 PM by Sniper
 02/15/2019 01:34 PM

3rdworldlover

The one study you found to support the belief that illegal immigrants increase the crime rate was by a guy known for fudging the numbers. The flaws in his paper have been identified. The overall academic concensus is that undocumented immigrants commit fewer crimes than the general population.
 02/15/2019 01:38 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

The one study you found to support the belief that illegal immigrants increase the crime rate was by a guy known for fudging the numbers. The flaws in his paper have been identified. The overall academic concensus is that undocumented immigrants commit fewer crimes than the general population.

What numbers did he fudge? Since when does one Cato study equal concensus?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/15/2019 01:44 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

InfoWars says one thing, NYtimes says another. What's a guy to do?
 02/15/2019 01:53 PM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: Sniper

What numbers did he fudge? Since when does one Cato study equal concensus?

Lott wasn't able to justify his method of identifying the immigration status of his data sampling. Also, given his record, it's likely he manipulated his data elsewhere.

I cited four studies, not just one.

A freedom of information request was just filed, requires the Whitehouse to produce the data Trump claimed to use to support the national emergency. I'll hold my breath.

http://www.lawfareblog.com/doe...nnouncement-even-exist

Edited: 02/15/2019 at 01:54 PM by 3rdworldlover
 02/15/2019 02:15 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

He hasn't outsmarted anyone. He's more slick than smart and that doesn't work in the light. This will create a new way of doing things that the gop will cry foul over once they establish this new precedent.

If dems want to impose the dictatorship that they have been wanting for years now by this means, we will deal with it then.

If Democrats use this method it's a dictatorship, even though Trump is already doing it?

Really?

I was right.
 02/15/2019 04:28 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Oh no, I'm cool with it. It will be very useful in the future with this precedent set.

GND/ M4A!

yo rustdog, oblama performed 13 of those, so?
 02/15/2019 05:34 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

None fake like this, but I'm all for it. Climate change is a real emergency, and we will play that card. I hope it stands.

I don't give a shit about the military budget.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/15/2019 06:32 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper Name one hurricane or tornado that murdered 3,000 Americans citizens and sexually assaulted 40,000 more last year.
I'm going to assume that you are trying to say that 3000 people were murdered and 40000 sexual assaults were committed by illegal aliens last year and the wall will stop that.If those numbers are true then how many murders were committed by the illegals that just overstayed their visas or came by sea or thru an area that wouldn't be covered by a wall? And how many sexual assaults were committed by guys who thought it was ok to "Just grab them by the pussy" and how is a wall or this president going to stop that?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 02/15/2019 06:36 PM

all3

And I wonder how many of those murders could have been prevented by stricter gun control laws, like a waiting period and background check to verify that you're not selling a gun to an illegal

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 02/15/2019 06:39 PM

all3

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Here's another: The homicide conviction rate for illegal immigrants was 16 percent below that of native-born Americans in Texas in 2015. The conviction rates for illegal immigrants were 7.9 percent and 77 percent below that of native-born Americans for sex crimes and larceny, respectively. For all criminal convictions in Texas in 2015, illegal immigrants had a criminal conviction rate 50 percent below that of native-born Americans. Legal immigrants had a criminal conviction rate 66 percent below that of native-born Americans. ">">

http://w...to...li...l-immi...
And a study has been released in Arizona, which states that illegals are 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime than American citizens. If we have a group of people that represent 3% of the overall population but 20%+ of the prison population, as reported by DHS and DOJ, then how can you say they are less likely than U.S. citizens to commit crime? I don't care what one report says about what happened only in Texas and only in 2015.
How many of those crimes are the result of not having the right papers?

02/15/2019 07:04 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

If there is a national emergency, why is he heading to Mar-a-Lago?
 02/15/2019 07:17 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

If there is a national emergency, why is he heading to Mar-a-Lago?

Exactly. The guy is an absolute idiot.

The 3,000 killed by illegals is a bullshit lie. Pathetic.

I was right.
 02/17/2019 05:44 AM

HAPDigital

Looks like our troops will bite the bullet for this wall, if it happens. That's the one place they shouldn't be dipping into.
 02/17/2019 02:34 PM

all3

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry 4 more years? [IMG][/IMG]
More than that. Trump is going to declare himself a dictator, you know.
Did any of you guys actually believe trump when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall?

02/17/2019 04:03 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: all3

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

4 more years? [IMG][/IMG]

More than that. Trump is going to declare himself a dictator, you know.

Did any of you guys actually believe trump when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall?

Not only did they believe it they still think that Mexico is somehow paying for it. LOL
 02/27/2019 03:05 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Breaking: House votes 245-182 to terminate President Trump's National Emergency Declaration. 13 Republicans voted with all Democrats to pass the measure.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 02/27/2019 03:54 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: jdbman

Breaking: House votes 245-182 to terminate President Trump's National Emergency Declaration. 13 Republicans voted with all Democrats to pass the measure.

...and there is no supermajority.

...do you know what that means?

IDIOT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/27/2019 03:58 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: tom

Trump end run. Now he can tell the base the wall is tied up in court. You know, like his tax returns.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : national emergency

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .