Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Take a deep breath beachside residents, and
Topic Summary: Vote Rick "Red Tide" Scott
Created On: 10/16/2018 05:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2018 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Tspank likes to add a scoop of red tide to his morning bowl of flax seed and crushed up Valium.
 10/16/2018 02:55 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Progs hate it when things are good. We have the best natural environment in the country, and they are still belly aching.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 10/16/2018 04:09 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo Just so happens that I voted for Scott today. Very timely post, Tom. Now, let's address prog propaganda. Scott isn't responsible for red tide. We have had red tide ever since I began living in Florida. Earlier outbreaks have been every bit as bad, if not worse. And, as I have documented, it has been around since before the Spanish explorers set foot in Florida. As Tom says, it is doubtful that anything Scott did changed anything. Are humans contributing? I'd guess that we are. But, if it existed in the 1400's when Florida had, maybe, 10,000 residents, it is damn sure going to happen when we have 21 million. And there is little anyone can do about it. If anyone thinks that red tide is a thing of the past if Gillum is elected, you are going to be sadly disappointed. One thing that I can guarantee, however, is that if Gillum is elected and even a smidgen of red tide comes our way, I will be loudly and frequently condemning Gillum for ruining our environment (since, after all, red tide is solely the fault of whoever happens to be governor at the moment). And progs will defend shrilly defend him, blaming old white men, no doubt.
Frequency and duration of red tide has increased. More directly caused by DEP inaction on upholding the Clean Water Act is the persistent algae blooms in IRL and pretty much every major lake and all of the lower St. Johns River as well as St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee Rivers. The Peace River is a mess and the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee are massively overloaded with nutrients from local sources before the gates are Lake O. are cracked. Banana River is a desert now. But hey, the Pyrodinium makes pretty bioluminescence when it is in bloom concentrations so there's that.

10/16/2018 04:19 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo Progs hate it when things are good. We have the best natural environment in the country, and they are still belly aching.
Your source didn't score any biological measures like eutrophication. Every major lake on the peninsula is dominated by cyanobacteria. The annual bloom in Lake George is so bad that it is causing dissolved oxygen crashes during the summer and fall downstream from the lake. IRL-BRL is the worst anyone has every seen it which is pretty sad since most other major estuaries and lagoons have improved in recent decades as watersheds have implemented Clean Water Act provisions. Unless something significant happens soon, the IRL/BRL between Sebastian and T'ville will permanently flip to an altered stable state from macrophyte dominance to plankton dominance.

10/16/2018 04:20 PM

scombrid

Most of the fishermen and duck hunters that I know that are hurting bad and hopping mad because of the loss of submerged aquatic vegetation aren't progs, not even close.

10/16/2018 04:47 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Progs hate it when things are good. We have the best natural environment in the country, and they are still belly aching.

You don't get out of state much, do you?

I was right.
 10/16/2018 05:04 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Ah Trollpablo and his reality bubble. Somebody wheel him into the crafts room for his Jello and prune juice. LOL

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 10/17/2018 06:20 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: tpapabloBut, anyway, Florida has the # 1 environment. Thanks, Rick. Good job.
 10/17/2018 06:49 AM

3rdworldlover

AP to Trump on climate: Scientists say we're getting to a point where it's irreversible

Trump: My uncle was a scientist...and "I didn't talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science, and I will say that you have scientists on both sides"
 10/17/2018 06:55 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Plan B

Originally posted by: tpapablo You can only lie so many times, before everyone stops believing you.

Exactly..... at this stage the only people that would actually vote for Scott for ANYTHING ever again is 1) a blindly partisan "Logo voter" 2) someone in cohoots with his shady dealings 3) and absolute idiot

Who cares?

But, anyway, Florida has the # 1 environment. Thanks, Rick. Good job.

Then by all means, take a swim in one of our many lakes, streams or other bodies of fresh water. Make sure to go nice and deep, especially in the summer months. Actually, go nice and deep right now considering we are sweltering under record heat.

I was right.
 10/17/2018 06:55 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Sure, except the scientists on the other side were just a handful of them that were responsible for the vast majority of the anti-climate change material and were bought and paid for by the oil industry.
 10/17/2018 07:00 AM

3rdworldlover

Science jeans, and a stable jeanius

10/17/2018 07:37 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

LOL his hair was weird even back then. What's with that ear combover?

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 10/18/2018 07:44 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

What did the odumbo administration and Bill Nelson do about this?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/18/2018 07:54 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: crankit What did the odumbo administration and Bill Nelson do about this?
Nothing, of course. If Scott had been a dem, they would be blaming some other GOP boogey man, probably racist, sexist, homophobic, old white men. That is the usual suspect for these clowns. And then they wonder why old white men don't vote for dems.

I :heart; Q

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 07:56 AM by tpapablo
 10/18/2018 07:58 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: crankit What did the odumbo administration and Bill Nelson do about this?
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection and its subsidiary Water Management Districts are in charge of water quality in Florida. These entities are directly controlled by the governor.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 07:59 AM by scombrid
 10/18/2018 08:07 AM

scombrid

EPA was created by congress many moons ago and it sets standards but states are generally responsible for meeting standards and controlling consumptive use and discharge permitting. EPA is supposed to step in when TMDLs aren't met or aren't properly set but short funding means that states get to do what they want in a lot of cases. Senate has essentially nothing to do with state water quality management. Obama's EPA did tighten up the "Waters of the United States" language which would have helped with nutrient pollution. Pruitt/Trump/Wheeler undid all that. Trump also removed rules on valley fill operations in mining country. Scott sent Pam Bondi to join a lawsuit to block the Chesapeake Bay Agreement because Mosaic and the Farm Bureau don't want fertilizer regulated/restricted and they are afraid that the Chesapeake Bay Agreement could set a bad precedent for the Mississippi basin.

10/18/2018 10:18 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

So our resident senator who owns riverfront property has no stake in this?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/18/2018 11:10 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: crankit What did the odumbo administration do about this?
LOL! Seriously?!?!
 10/18/2018 11:13 AM

scombrid

A much smaller stake than the guy that controls DEP and the Water Management Districts and the state legislature that controls the budgets of all the state agencies and agents of the state.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Take a deep breath beachside residents, and

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .