Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: American Journalist Killed in Saudi Arabia
Topic Summary: will Trump do ANYTHING?
Created On: 10/14/2018 09:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2018 06:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Maybe the next time he comes to visit we can get a mob rabble chant going.... "Chop him up".... Wonder if when he will come visit?

-------------------------
There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 10/17/2018 06:28 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Says the hypocrite attacking people unprovoked. Yeah I trigger you, you wouldn't waste your time with the little attack dog bit otherwise.
 10/17/2018 06:29 PM

miker

Originally posted by: surfsail

Maybe the next time he comes to visit we can get a mob rabble chant going....
"Chop him up"....
Wonder if when he will come visit?

LOL
 10/17/2018 07:42 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: miker

Says the hypocrite attacking people unprovoked. Yeah I trigger you, you wouldn't waste your time with the little attack dog bit otherwise.

Calls my comment about hypocrisy an "attack", calls others triggered. hahah Miker, an attack is calling someone something like a wife beater and using people's real names or I don't know writing FU hap on some paper then you take a picture of it and post it on the forum. That's a triggered attack, maybe a little mental. No, yeah, very mental...

Edited: 10/17/2018 at 07:43 PM by HAPDigital
 10/18/2018 02:30 AM

miker

Ok cupcake. Your posts are kind of funny in a sad way. How about you show some self control and restraint for once? I avoid posting to you or towards you and basically pretend you don't exist so this forum doesn't get trashed with pointless back and forth name calling. Are you incapable of doing the same or do you just refuse to?
 10/18/2018 05:32 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

You went home and wrote FU HAP on a piece of paper and took a picture of it and posted it here. We can talk about sad if you want.... Anyway, I'll call you Capt Trigger from now on. I'd call you trigger fish but that name is taken. Maybe Trigger Woods?
 10/18/2018 05:53 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Oh I realize it is just more fuel for an already burning fire, but you still can't help but laugh at the pretend outrage from the same people that ignored the things I mentioned.

Who ignored this? Name one person on this forum?

My comment had nothing to do with this forum.

To clarify: My comment had nothing to do with the 'people' in this forum.

But you accused me of this: Sure Cole, get up in arms about one life and ignore all the other atrocities and human rights violations that have happened over the past 30 years.

Hell, my issue with the Saudis dates back to the Twin Tower murders. I've never given them a pass.

I was right.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:09 AM by Cole
 10/18/2018 05:55 AM

johnnyboy

CHOP HIM UP. CHOP HIM UP. CHOP HIM UP.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2018 06:13 AM

miker

Originally posted by: Cole
But you accused me of this: Sure Cole, get up in arms about one life and ignore all the other atrocities and human rights violations that have happened over the past 30 years.

Hell, my issue with the Saudis dates back to the Twin Tower murders. I've never given them a pass.

Your point? We discussed that, you clarified your view. Are you saying we didn't move past that?
 10/18/2018 06:16 AM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Trolling nonsense

So, you threatened to sue me because your snowflake ass melted and your poor little feelings got hurt. Why do you keep begging for attention? Are you playing the role of the cuck again at home?

So yeah, like i said:

How about you show some self control and restraint for once and stop starting this shit? I avoid posting to you or towards you and basically pretend you don't exist so this forum doesn't get trashed with pointless back and forth name calling. Are you incapable of doing the same or do you just refuse to?

10/18/2018 06:20 AM

Cole

Your point? We discussed that, you clarified your view. Are you saying we didn't move past that?

It's part of the same conversation.

I seriously hope you are just trolling, cause you can't be this retarded for real.

I was right.
 10/18/2018 06:25 AM

miker

It's part of the same conversation.

I seriously hope you are just trolling, cause you can't be this retarded for real.

Speaking of retarded Cole....

You quoted one comment directed specifically to you and tried to use it to make a point about a different comment I made directed at nobody in particular.

That my friend is retarded and a total fail.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:27 AM by miker
 10/18/2018 06:28 AM

Cole

"My comment had nothing to do with this forum." - Mixed-up Mike

Then why did you accuse me of your infractions just a few posts earlier? It's not only on this forum, but it's actually on the same thread.

Do you day drink?

I was right.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:28 AM by Cole
 10/18/2018 06:28 AM

miker

You quoted one comment directed specifically to you and tried to use it to make a point about a different comment I made directed at nobody in particular.

Two different comments, two different targets. Do you day smoke crack?

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:29 AM by miker
 10/18/2018 06:29 AM

Cole

It's not only on this forum, but it's actually on the same thread

I was right.
 10/18/2018 06:43 AM

miker

Two different comments, two different targets

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:43 AM by miker
 10/18/2018 06:44 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Did a little reading of some actual news analysis type articles. It does seem that Trump is in fact "in a hard spot". How do you feel about $150 a barrel oil? And, the Saudis are a pretty big partner when it comes to controlling Iran.

Dora Hates You
 10/18/2018 07:01 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

What exactly would you progs have Trump do here? BTW, any reason you progs aren't experiencing your patented hysteria over journalists killed by the Venezuelan gov't? Yeah, this is BS. If this had happened under Obama, y'all would have not said a word.

I :heart; Q
 10/18/2018 08:38 AM

dingpatch

SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia did not have enough information about the unexplained disappearance of a Saudi journalist to justify spoiling ties with Riyadh.

Turkey says Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist who was critical of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was killed by Saudi agents in Riyadh's diplomatic mission in Istanbul on Oct. 2 and his body cut up. Saudi Arabia denies the allegation.

Putin told a discussion forum in the Black Sea resort of Sochi that Moscow did not really know what had happened in the case, that it was a pity that the journalist had gone missing, and that Russia would wait for details.

Dora Hates You
 10/18/2018 08:42 AM

dingpatch

Silicon Valley hoped the Khashoggi story would go away; instead, it may end an era

Connie Loizos@cookie / 19 hours ago

It's amazing how quickly things can change. Exactly a week ago, we wondered if Saudi Arabia's money might finally become radioactive in light of the disappearance of Saudi journalist and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. Almost no one we reached for comment wanted to participate in the story, though behind the scenes, we heard the same things from different sources who have a vested interest in keeping the peace with the country and its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman: There is no proof. We're waiting to see what happens. You're naive if you think this is the only regime that both funds Silicon Valley and tortures its own people. I would rather scale my company using Saudi money then cap my opportunity by trying to ensure that my funding sources are pure.

In fairness, Silicon Valley companies are used to getting away with a lot. Outrage over one perceived calamity often dissipates quickly as it's replaced by another. No doubt a week ago, there was an expectation that the media would move on from the journalist who vanished inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey one October afternoon.

Yet the Khashoggi story has not faded away. In stark contrast, it just became so graphic that to ignore it is no longer an option. Consider: According to a senior Turkish official who earlier today described details from audio recordings to the New York Times, almost immediately after Khashoggi walked into the consulate, Saudi agents seized him and began to beat him and torture him, cutting off his fingers as he screamed, then cutting off his head and dismembering his body. According to this same Turkish official, it was suggested by a doctor of forensics who'd been brought along for the dissection that the agents put on headphones and listen to music as they worked.

That isn't enough for President Trump, who has defended the crown prince, known as MBS, as having been unfairly accused. However, SoftBank - the Japanese conglomerate that has been shoveling billions of Saudi dollars into tech and other companies - seems to be having second thoughts. According to the Financial Times, SoftBank's COO Marcelo Claure has said for the first time that there is "no certainty" that SoftBank will launch another Vision Fund, the $93 billion vehicle it is currently investing and that received roughly half of its capital from MBS and company.

SoftBank is "watching developments" to "see where this goes," Claure added.

If SoftBank or other recipients of Saudi Arabia's capital are hoping for a surprising turn of events, they should watch what they wish for. If there's a twist at all, it may well be that a journalist who many in Silicon Valley had never heard of until two weeks ago causes its long economic boom to bust.

It may sound far-fetched; it isn't. A huge percentage of the money flowing into Silicon Valley in recent years has come from the kingdom. That's been just fine with founders and investors, who've grown fat and happy off that flow of capital. Indeed, while some have suggested these sophisticated businesspeople were somehow tricked by the charming prince, it's more likely they had a different rationale: that if and when the market turned, it would be Saudi Arabia left holding the bag.

In the meantime, that money has sustained countless startups with round after round of funding. In tandem, round sizes have gone up. The amount of money that VCs manage has gone up. The number of years that it takes venture-backed companies to go public has gone up. In many ways, Saudi Arabia has changed the very nature of the venture industry.

Without those riches - and it's going to be pretty hard to return to that well anytime soon - startups will have to look elsewhere.

Some might try their luck on the public markets. Others may have to settle for smaller valuations. Presumably, some will fail, at long last.

It could well be the end of an era, and how strange to think it started when one man entered a consulate to obtain marriage license papers, never to be seen again.

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : American Journalist Killed in Saudi Arabia

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .