Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Liberals Suddenly Realize There Are Unintended Consequences of Gun Control
Topic Summary: Duuuuuuuuh!
Created On: 11/17/2017 03:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/17/2017 03:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Liberals Suddenly Realize There Are Unintended Consequences of Gun Control
November 17, 2017 By Seth Connell

In what I can only describe as the law of "duh," it seems that liberals may finally be realizing the fact that gun control laws have consequences; in that, if criminals and psychopaths cannot buy guns legally, they will find other ways to get their hands on weapons regardless of the law.

Once again in the spotlight of the issue over guns in America is the idea of people having "ghost guns," firearms that do not have a serial number. The "ghost gun" phrase sounds scarier because it can be used to fear-monger people about the black market of firearms. That, despite the fact that no law can stop people from making their own guns at home and then using them for their criminal plans.

The man who committed a mass shooting at seven locations, including an elementary school, in California earlier this week had reportedly not been able to legally own guns because of his felony charges and mental health issues. However, according to ABC News, he was able to skirt the prohibition on legal gun ownership by making firearms at home.

He was prohibited from legally possessing a firearm, but *shock!* he ignored it and did things himself. Who could have ever predicted that?

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston told reporters in a press conference Wednesday afternoon that the two semi-automatic rifles with multi-round clips [*magazines!*] that gunman Kevin Neal was armed with were illegally manufactured at his home and were not registered.

Neal was out on bail on an assault charge he was arrested for in January, and his family said he suffered from a history of mental health issues, such as paranoia. But he was able to find a workaround of a court order that prohibited him from having guns by making them himself, The Associated Press reported.

Johnston said that as gun laws become more restrictive, criminals will begin to build their own. ABC News consultants, former NYPD Police Commissioner Ray Kelly and former FBI agent Steve Gomez, said they agree with him.

Someone should tell ABC News' reporter that they need to read up on the name of firearms parts. Clips are not used in AR-style rifles; magazines are the ammunition feeding devices. This is now World War II, and the weapon is not an M1 Garand.

Anyways, that issue aside... California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, effectively banning all AR-style rifles over the past several years with incremental legislation decreasing the ways by which residents could legally own an AR rifle.

That notwithstanding, Neal ignored the law and made his own firearms for his heinous act. And the issue is that there's not much lawmakers or law enforcement can do about it.
"If lawmakers took steps to make the gun laws more restrictive, those unlicensed home-made firearms would be highly sought after by people and criminals who do not care to comply with the law," Gomez said.

Both Gomez and Kelly advocate for more regulation of the unfinished lower receivers so that they could not be purchased without a serial number. However, these receivers are not full receivers, they are 80% completed, and are not considered a firearm under the law.

If these devices are then reclassified as actually being firearms, how would they do it? Would the new threshold be 60%? 50% 25%? If they continue to go after the "ghost guns," it becomes an arbitrary numbers game, where a random number would have to be selected for firearms regulation and serialization.

All the while, the psychos and criminals and jihadis have gone to the black market for their guns, and wow! They are still heavily armed despite that new law!

"However, even with increased monitoring and regulations, those individuals intent on having and using an unlicensed and illegal firearm will always seek other alternatives," Gomez said. "Its law enforcement's job, along with the public's help, to anticipate and respond to those alternatives that can lead to a violent incident as we saw in Tehama County."

No matter what, those who seek to do criminal things will find ways of doing so. Even on the rainy, nanny-statist British island, gun crime has surged in recent years despite their effective ban on private firearms ownership.

Please tell me more about how gun control measures that just punish law-abiding people will stop crime and mass shootings?

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/18/2017 01:48 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Just check out the mass shooting and gun death statistics from Australia, New Zealand and The U.K.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 11/18/2017 02:04 PM

Fish Killer

That does not have anything to do with this topic but you knew that.

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/18/2017 08:24 PM

all3

read the last sentence of your post, I was answering that question.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 11/18/2017 08:26 PM

all3

Seems the gun control measures have done a great job in reducing mass shootings and gun deaths. And you can still go hunting in those countries

11/18/2017 08:57 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Originally posted by: all3

Just check out the mass shooting and gun death statistics from Australia, New Zealand and The U.K.

this has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC, AND IT'S SPOT ON.

do you know the statistics of where most gun injuries and deaths occur, and with what type weapon?

do you think at all?
 11/19/2017 06:35 AM

Fish Killer

http://www.louderwithcrowder.c...lia-gun-control-fail/

AND with you bringing up Australia's Gun Control are you now abdicating and condoning GUN CONFISCATION here in the United States?!?!

http://thefederalist.com/2015/...-gun-control-fallacy/

You do realize that in FACT Australia CONFISCATED the guns....it was NOT a voluntary program!

SOOOOOO....what you are in effect clearly stating is that you want to REMOVE the 2nd Amendment!

What a treasonous bastard!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 11/19/2017 at 06:41 AM by Fish Killer
 11/19/2017 07:07 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The high prevalence of legal guns that have flooded the United States means that those guns are more available to the wrong people. This is a fact.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/19/2017 08:30 AM

TONYlookaround

Joined Forum: 08/29/2004

Canadians, Brits, and aussys are still all subjects to the royal family, regardless of what other labels you put on them.  They are not free and we should not model the US 2nd ammendment after their ideas, period.  The tyranny often discussed in 2nd ammendment talks IS and was the royal family they are still subject to them.    Dont think so?  go to the UK and start talking in public to the locals about bring some guns there and selling them and see WHO comes to visit you at the hotel.  post guns for sale online in canada or austrailia and see who takes interest -- and which court systems it goes to.  that is my point.   

it's never too late to have a happy childhood...

11/19/2017 10:12 AM

all3

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: all3 Just check out the mass shooting and gun death statistics from Australia, New Zealand and The U.K.
http://www.louderwithcrowder.c...lia-gun-control-fail/ AND with you bringing up Australia's Gun Control are you now abdicating and condoning GUN CONFISCATION here in the United States?!?! http://thefederalist.com/2015/...-gun-control-fallacy/ You do realize that in FACT Australia CONFISCATED the guns....it was NOT a voluntary program! SOOOOOO....what you are in effect clearly stating is that you want to REMOVE the 2nd Amendment! What a treasonous bastard!
I'm not saying I want to remove the 2nd Amendment, I'm just say that strict gun control reduces gun deaths and mass shootings

11/19/2017 10:18 AM

all3

Originally posted by: TONYlookaround Canadians, Brits, and aussys are still all subjects to the royal family, regardless of what other labels you put on them.  They are not free and we should not model the US 2nd ammendment after their ideas, period.  The tyranny often discussed in 2nd ammendment talks IS and was the royal family they are still subject to them.    Dont think so?  go to the UK and start talking in public to the locals about bring some guns there and selling them and see WHO comes to visit you at the hotel.  post guns for sale online in canada or austrailia and see who takes interest -- and which court systems it goes to.  that is my point.   

If you don't think the Aussies and Kiwis are as free as we are then you haven't spent enough time there. They are "subjects" of the royal family in name only. I haven't been to Canada so I don't know about them, it's too cold there. I will visit next year.

11/19/2017 10:40 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: all3 Just check out the mass shooting and gun death statistics from Australia, New Zealand and The U.K.
http://www.louderwithcrowder.c...lia-gun-control-fail/ AND with you bringing up Australia's Gun Control are you now abdicating and condoning GUN CONFISCATION here in the United States?!?! http://thefederalist.com/2015/...-gun-control-fallacy/ You do realize that in FACT Australia CONFISCATED the guns....it was NOT a voluntary program! SOOOOOO....what you are in effect clearly stating is that you want to REMOVE the 2nd Amendment! What a treasonous bastard!
I'm not saying I want to remove the 2nd Amendment, I'm just say that strict gun control reduces gun deaths and mass shootings

You can't compare anywhere there was gun confiscation with what you want as gun control!

The two just don't mix.

As for gun 'control' the only thing you would be doing is restricting guns from law abiding citizens as ALL criminals will get all the guns that they want as much as they want wherever they want! Criminals do NOT follow the law!

FACT!

PROVED!

There is only one side of the fence OR the other....there is NO in-between!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2017 11:26 AM

all3

I think there is an "inbetween"

11/19/2017 11:31 AM

Fish Killer

I think there is an "inbetween"

Not with the 2nd Amendment.

Traitor!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2017 11:50 AM

all3

There is an inbetween now, there are plenty of "arms" that private citizens can't own.

11/19/2017 01:52 PM

Fish Killer

There is an inbetween now, there are plenty of "arms" that private citizens can't own.

http://www.constitution.org/leglrkba.htm

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2017 01:59 PM

all3

That's what some people think the 2nd Amendment means

11/19/2017 02:02 PM

all3

"The reason we need "assualt rifles" is to protect ourselves from those who want to take away our assualt rifles"

11/19/2017 02:04 PM

Fish Killer

"The reason we need "assualt rifles" is to protect ourselves from those who want to take away our assualt rifles"

Give us all your definition of what an 'assault rifle' is.

I'll be waiting!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2017 02:13 PM

all3

large capacity, rapid fire

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .