Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Citizen of the Year?
Topic Summary: Colin Kaepernick?
Created On: 11/13/2017 02:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/13/2017 02:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

GQ bestowed that title on him and even compared him to Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robison.  If either of them were alive today I don't believe they'd be happy about such a comparison.  Fortunately they didn't drag Jesse Owens into it. These were all men who made a positive and lasting difference in this country as respected professional American athletes.

Colin didn't do anything postive, and if anything widend a division this nation has collectively been trying to close for a 150 years.  Citizen and roll model my ass.  Even if his intentions were admirable, his execution was un-American and spiteful in every conceivable way.  An unemployeed, race baiting malcontent is all he is, and all he may ever be.  

11/13/2017 02:25 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Wow.
You must not remember much about when Cassius Clay became Muhammad Ali, both of us are probably too young to have witnessed what Jackie Robinson had to deal with, but it is remembered.

Nothing can be more American than the way each of them have stood up for freedom.
I can't believe on how many of you this basic fundamental lesson is lost.

You want to close this divide? Try listening across it.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 11/13/2017 at 02:33 PM by WG
 11/13/2017 04:02 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

"Roll model"

Was he in like, a photoshoot for Cinnabon?

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 11/13/2017 04:14 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He has done a hell of a lot for a single man.

Rosa Parks was demonized by the same type that demonizes Kaepernick today. He is a man that has used all the freedoms this county has to offer, whether you agree with him or not. There are many of us who view this as true patriotism.

But in reality, he should thank Trump, this was a done deal till that clown opened his mouth.

I was right.
 11/13/2017 06:12 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Ali was demonized by the same people who denounce CK, make no mistake.

It's outrageous that these peckerwoods try to co-opt heroes when they can't beat them.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 11/13/2017 07:12 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Colin K is a good kid. Anyone that hates on him is pretty much a douche.
 11/13/2017 09:42 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Good kid? Chavez? Castro?

He is just a self entitled and privileged punk.

JJ Watt at least did something useful ...that actually helped people.

Edited: 11/13/2017 at 09:50 PM by miker
 11/13/2017 10:34 PM

HAPDigital

I always knew you were a douche.
 11/14/2017 06:10 AM

miker

So you think his support/comments of Castro and Chavez is something a 'good kid' does?

Let me guess... it is easier to resort to ad hom than actually making your case and discussing it. You really should embrace this troll bit of yours instead of living in denial bro.
 11/14/2017 06:17 AM

miker

The truth is that he turned a discussion about the VERY real issue of systemic racism and law enforcement / law enforcement in general into a sideshow with his method for protesting and his other antics (see Chavez/Castro)

The discussion turned entirely into whether or not it is disrespectful to kneel during the national anthem. The actual issue became lost and it was almost like he was going out of his way to ensure that it was.
 11/14/2017 06:20 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: miker

So you think his support/comments of Castro and Chavez is something a 'good kid' does?

Let me guess... it is easier to resort to ad hom than actually making your case and discussing it. You really should embrace this troll bit of yours instead of living in denial bro.

And you support a president that used Russia to win the election? Why, because Trumpf isn't black. Since he's orange, that doesn't make you a racist? Wrong comrade. That makes you a commie racist.
 11/14/2017 06:24 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches
And you support a president that used Russia to win the election?

Got any actual proof of that or is that just your hope that spewing that bullshit might make it actually true?

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/14/2017 06:44 AM

miker

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: miker

And you support a president that used Russia to win the election? Why, because Trumpf isn't black. Since he's orange, that doesn't make you a racist? Wrong comrade. That makes you a commie racist.

Huh? What the fuck are you talking about? I don't support Trump at all, I think he is a clown.

Oh let me guess, you ASSUMED I am a Trump supporter because I think Kap is a piece of shit.

Edit: Also, what does the discussion about Kap have to do with Trump's ties to Russia. I guess it isn't just the right wing whacko's that like to play the what-about-that game to avoid discussing something they are uncomfortable about and to deflect. That shit is straight out of Fox and Trump's playbook. How do you feel about using the same tactic as those shitheads?
 11/14/2017 07:01 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

To be clear, Kaepernick wasn't fighting against segregation or for the right to vote.

From what I have read, he says he was trying to bring awareness to an disproportionate number of black people being shot or arrested by cops.

The data doesn't support the idea that a disproportionate number of black people are shot or killed by cops. I believe the data does support that a disproportionate number of young black males are arrested and they aren't treated as well when they are arrested.

But here's where the data gets "racist". Here's the part that nobody seems to want to talk about or address. In the United States, black people account for around 13% of the population, yet they are responsible for over half the murders each year. Robberies with white victims and black offenders are more than 12 times more common than the reverse. In short, black people in America are responsible for a disproportionate amount of the violent crime. If black people in America want change, it is going to require them to take a hard look in the mirror and that often isn't easy. It is going to take a look at who their kids are looking up to, and why? I seriously doubt the majority of cops are racist and I doubt they get off on arresting people to mess with them or for the sake of arresting them.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 11/14/2017 07:29 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yep, black on black crime is a real issue, but the idea that a black guy needs to get on the ground to avoid being shot while getting a speeding ticket is just wrong.

Hey Sniper, are there videos of unarmed white people being killed by police for menial actions? If there are, they sure don't get the same play and you might be on to something.

I was right.
 11/14/2017 07:47 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Yep, black on black crime is a real issue, but the idea that a black guy needs to get on the ground to avoid being shot while getting a speeding ticket is just wrong. Hey Sniper, are there videos of unarmed white people being killed by police for menial actions? If there are, they sure don't get the same play and you might be on to something.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelli...e-of-lethal-force.html

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 11/14/2017 07:58 AM

HAPDigital

White people claiming they know more than blacks about the every day life of a young black male and the crap odds they have for survival in this country and why is ignorant. Telling them how, when and where they should protest is condescending, hateful, and just plain stupid.
 11/14/2017 01:40 PM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

White people claiming they know more than blacks about the every day life of a young black male and the crap odds they have for survival in this country and why is ignorant. Telling them how, when and where they should protest is condescending, hateful, and just plain stupid.

What white person, aside from maybe Trump, is claiming to know more about black people?

Also, aside from an employer who is more than justified in doing so, who is telling them when, how, and where to protest? Pretty sure if some white person started to do that, they would get ignored anyways. Yeah, lots of people disagree with 'how' but that isn't the same as telling someone what to do.

I think there are a million better ways to protest something than disrespecting the flag, especially when it was started by someone who, by his own words, was doing so with the intent of disrespecting the flag and the country. My opinion is just as valid as yours.
 11/14/2017 01:42 PM

miker

Maybe if Kap hadn't turned the whole thing into such a sideshow, the actual issue and message wouldn't have gotten lost along the way. Instead, he made it about him and his antics and completely muddied the waters.
 11/14/2017 02:31 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: Sniper

But here's where the data gets "racist". Here's the part that nobody seems to want to talk about or address. In the United States, black people account for around 13% of the population, yet they are responsible for over half the murders each year. Robberies with white victims and black offenders are more than 12 times more common than the reverse. In short, black people in America are responsible for a disproportionate amount of the violent crime. If black people in America want change, it is going to require them to take a hard look in the mirror and that often isn't easy. It is going to take a look at who their kids are looking up to, and why? I seriously doubt the majority of cops are racist and I doubt they get off on arresting people to mess with them or for the sake of arresting them.

^^Spot on^^

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Citizen of the Year?

1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .