Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why do whites oppose the NFL protests?
Topic Summary: an interesting opinion piece...
Created On: 10/17/2017 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/19/2017 07:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

If that is rational thinking?

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/19/2017 07:27 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: crankit If that is rational thinking?

Your link and idea behind posting it had no thought involved in it at all. You contradicted yourself by linking it.
 10/19/2017 07:31 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Majority of "white people" don't like the kneeling protest because they don't agree with the idea that cops are unjustly killing black people.

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/19/2017 07:34 AM

crankit

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5b77e11f-e112-4119-9112-ae5281d93f6b

10/19/2017 07:34 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Capitalists like privatized profits with socialized costs and subsidies.

This whole red, white, and blue circle jerk that happens before an NFL game is related to major sponsorship by the US Military.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/19/2017 07:35 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: stokedpanda Majority of "white people" don't like the kneeling protest because they don't agree with the idea that cops are unjustly killing black people.
Yes,l they say that is not a real problem that exists, and they think "rich privileged black men" have no reason to protest it. But then their man beef is that kneeling disrespects the military. Not sure how they came to that conclusions because not one single protester said they had an issue with the military. Typical "look over there" BS.
 10/19/2017 07:37 AM

HAPDigital

Any time losers do not have a good well educated response they resort to saying something derogatory. Typical...
 10/19/2017 07:44 AM

crankit

Pot--meet Kettle, Mirror Mirror.

10/19/2017 07:48 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: crankit Pot--meet Kettle, Mirror Mirror.
Nah, more BS. You don't like being wrong and it is showing. I still have yet to see a legit argument to my statement, just unfounded condescending derogatory bullshit. You lost, just like tpap. He disappeared just like I predicted.
 10/19/2017 10:29 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

Majority of "white people" don't like the kneeling protest because they don't agree with the idea that cops are unjustly killing black people.

Disagree and that comment is way off with most people I know. Most people I know do not like the kneeling because it disrespects the country and those that have died for it. Most of them agree with your statement about police killings.

..and yes kneeling was done with intent to disrespect the country for the cause. To say otherwise when Kap himself has said it is disingenuous.
 10/19/2017 10:32 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: miker
Originally posted by: stokedpanda Majority of "white people" don't like the kneeling protest because they don't agree with the idea that cops are unjustly killing black people.
Disagree and that comment is way off with most people I know. Most people I know do not like the kneeling because it disrespects the country and those that have died for it. Most of them agree with your statement about police killings.
Which is strange because the people that died for our country died for the right for a silent protest. "I, miker, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution...." But wait a minute, you don't remember any of this do you? Disregarding our civil liberties? It's not NFL rule so that's not the case anymore either. Hmmm. Conveniently forgetting what the military stands for?
 10/19/2017 10:38 AM

stokedpanda

..and yes kneeling was done with intent to disrespect the country for the cause. To say otherwise when Kap himself has said it is disingenuous.

That's why I put the "" around white people.

Clearly not all but there is a big group that do believe the reason these players are taking a knee is not worthy of possibly disrespecting the flag in any way shape or form.

In a subtle way they could be interpreted as saying that people who died defending the flag are more important than the black people who died unjustly.

10/19/2017 11:03 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I don't believe that many people really think taking a knee is disrespecting the flag or us vets.
Most understand the freedom that the flag stands for.
Many just don't want to in any way accept that the grievances are real enough to warrant the gesture.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/19/2017 11:29 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: WG Many just don't want to in any way accept that the grievances are real enough to warrant the gesture.
 10/19/2017 11:44 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"It is the right of every generation to assess and debate how well the United States is living up to its promises of democracy."

bushcenter.org

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/19/2017 01:11 PM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Which is strange because the people that died for our country died for the right for a silent protest. "I, miker, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution...." But wait a minute, you don't remember any of this do you? Disregarding our civil liberties? It's not NFL rule so that's not the case anymore either. Hmmm. Conveniently forgetting what the military stands for?

Since when does a personal opinion take away someone's civil liberties? Don't be silly.

Just because they have the right to protest, doesn't mean I have to agree with how it is being done. Also, they are also protesting while on the job at work. It is pretty much up to their employer to allow that on company time or not.

10/19/2017 01:12 PM

miker

In a subtle way they could be interpreted as saying that people who died defending the flag are more important than the black people who died unjustly.

Not really.

Let's not forget that people of all color died for that flag.
 10/19/2017 01:14 PM

miker

Originally posted by: WG

I don't believe that many people really think taking a knee is disrespecting the flag or us vets.

Kap took a knee because he doesn't respect the country due to unjustified, racially motivated police killings. What about everything else this country has done that is worthy of respect?

Protest all you want, just find a better way to go about it.

Surely you have to realize now that the very issue he was trying to raise awareness about has been overshadowed by the method in which he was protesting? Instead of talking about racially motivated police killings, the conversation is about whether or not kneeling is disrespectful to the flag or not.

10/19/2017 01:31 PM

stokedpanda

Not really.

Let's not forget that people of all color died for that flag.

Sure, but my post was meant to show how one persons freedom can obstruct the other. It appears both groups wish to honor a group of people.

While one(the players) will mostly admit the mean no disrespect to military, most fans who have issue with it, will mostly not admit that they mean no disrespect to unjustly killed blacks....its not "their problem"

There are people who feel that way, that is whom I am referring to.

Not a generalized statement.

10/19/2017 02:11 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: WG I don't believe that many people really think taking a knee is disrespecting the flag or us vets. Most understand the freedom that the flag stands for. Many just don't want to in any way accept that the grievances are real enough to warrant the gesture.

Well, the polls have been wrong before, though not as many times as you have.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/27/fox-news-poll-views-shift-on-kneeling-during-national-anthem.html

As you have almost 100% chance of being wrong on any given position, I will go with the polls on this one.

I :heart; Q
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Why do whites oppose the NFL protests?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .