Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Shootings in Chicago
Topic Summary: 102 on July 4th weekend and 63 this past weekend
Created On: 08/21/2017 10:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2017 06:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

J20

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

As a nation we are trying to solve inequalities- we should give a crap about this issue!!! Black teenagers dying and I haven't heard any of these pro athletes or politicians say a thing- at least not on a national platform. It makes me sick. I hope Trump actually does something.... the best thing is to just talk about it (glad this thread was started) and hopefully we get a wave of "care" to ride, the media picks up on it- and we can actually do something to stop this nonsense!!
 08/22/2017 08:21 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
This kind of violence is a repercussion of years and years of institutionalized racism.

Can you elaborate on why you believe black-on-black crime is the result of institutionalized racism?

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I want to know what white people are going to do about radical white nationalist terrorism!

They're all about "culture" and "save my statue", but where are they when 300 acts of terrorist violence happen every year in the USA?! The real face of terrorism is white, and yet they want to complaint about BLM not taking over Chicago civil government.

">
http://www.pbs.o...ho...every-...

From Rusty's PBS link:

while jihadist terrorists have killed 95 people in the U.S. since 9/11, far-right extremists have killed 68 during the same time...

95 in 16 years = 5.9/year
68 in 16 years = 4.2/year

And in fact also, we're seeing an interesting spike in black nationalist terrorism, there have been eight deaths since 2016 caused by black nationalists and we also, you may recall, of course, the attack on the Republican baseball game by a sort of an extreme anti-Trump person.

8 since 2016 = 8.0/year if you count it as a full year

But if "since 2016" means "in 2017" (8 months into the year) that's a rate of 12.0/year.

If that includes all of 2016 ("since the beginning of 2016"), then it's 4.8/year, which is still worse than the white nationalist figure.

It's important to interpret statistics consistently and properly, and also important to distinguish violent crime from terrorism.
 08/22/2017 08:48 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I want to know what white people are going to do about radical white nationalist terrorism! They're all about "culture" and "save my statue", but where are they when 300 acts of terrorist violence happen every year in the USA?! The real face of terrorism is white, and yet they want to complaint about BLM not taking over Chicago civil government. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb...far-right-every-year/ Welcome to the world of "Whataboutism".

What we "white people" need to do? I'll leave that up to law enforcement, seeing how that is their job. So far as I can tell, law enforecment doesn't see that as much of a threat. Neither do I.

Anyway, we were talking about the 1000's of violent attacks initiated by progs. That's the real problem in this country, so long as we don't return to  the PiC's policy of letting in hordes of Muslim terrorists. So let's discuss what to do about that.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 08/22/2017 08:53 AM

J20

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

Apologies to Charles Barkley- he spoke up the other day it looks like...
 08/22/2017 08:58 AM

3rdworldlover

I recall the Obamas giving this issue a lot of attention, proposing solutions, and even criticism of the culture and attitudes that perpetuate the problems.

Here's the first article resulting from a simple Google search of 'Obama, Chicago, violence'

Obama On Chicago Violence: 'Hadiya Pendleton Was Me'

First Lady Michelle Obama returned to Chicago Wednesday to ask business leaders to invest in solutions to keep kids off the streets and stem youth violence.
Recalling her background as a kid growing up in the South Shore neighborhood, Obama told a packed dining room at the Hilton Chicago that she still regards the city as her home and lamented how a child's future can vary between neighborhoods.
"The opportunities to a child growing up in one neighborhood in the city might be vastly different from a child growing up just five blocks away," she said, noting how some children haven't been to the Art Institute of Chicago or Millennium Park.
Obama said she counts herself among the lucky kids who grew up in a neighborhood where she felt safe and attended a good public school where her biggest concern was grades and not gangs.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blog...iolence-200238791.html
 08/22/2017 09:18 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: HAPDigital This kind of violence is a repercussion of years and years of institutionalized racism.
This kind of violence is a repercussion of years and years of extreme hatred and racism...BY BLACK PEOPLE! You and your ilk are only utilizing it to bring your agenda about! FACT!
Did your "Jew" lawyer that you told me about help you write that? "I call him a Jew lawyer and he loves it." SMH
 08/22/2017 09:22 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

What we "white people" need to do? I'll leave that up to law enforcement, seeing how that is their job. So far as I can tell, law enforecment doesn't see that as much of a threat. Neither do I.

Anyway, we were talking about the 1000's of violent attacks initiated by progs. That's the real problem in this country, so long as we don't return to  the PiC's policy of letting in hordes of Muslim terrorists. So let's discuss what to do about that.

White people are going to have to speak out against the radical alt-white terrorists. See something, say something. We can't begin to trust you people unless we see you take a stand against the terrorists.

Law enforcement? Couldn't same be said about Chicago?

Attacks by progs? No way, you've made it clear that progs are effeminate pajama boys who couldn't possible harm the descent christian alpha male warrior culture of white America.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/22/2017 10:13 AM

foam ball

Joined Forum: 06/01/2005

Nobody here supports the radical alt right terrorists, I think that's been beat to death. Their dwindling numbers are a great indication that their views are going extinct quickly. Prior to Charlottesville the white supremacists were not even relevant. Does white on black violence occur? Sure, probably at the same rate as black on white. Is it all racially motivated? We are all different colors but we are all in the same fish bowl together, it's bound to happen, it's not all motivated by race.

How come mainstream black icons like the Jay Z's and the LeBron's of this world aren't using their fame and fortune as a platform to help against this huge wave black on black violence in Chicago? Where are the marches by tens of thousands of BLM and the snowflake lefties for the unjust daily killing of black youth. The numbers of daily shootings are hard to even comprehend. If a white person kills a black person it's labeled as alt right white terrorism according to Rusty. Should we label this as black on black domestic terrorism?

See this problem isn't part of main stream liberal media because it contradicts everything that BLM and the left stands for. And having BLM being contradicted by the very people that support it isn't good for their cause. Better to ignore it and unite against the white enemy. Anyone that disagrees must be a Nazi or a sympathizer. Everything is Trump's fault. Let's blame statues, neo Nazis, a flag, police, systemic racism.... Time to riot, throw feces at the police, burn shit and tear down American history. That will bring credibility to the cause.
 08/22/2017 10:27 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Lebron James among others has spoken out on this, you were just not listening.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/22/2017 10:30 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

You wouldn't bring this up at all if it weren't for Charlottesville. This is misdirection. Let's discuss C-ville, sure. Or Chicago. But not in the same sitting; they are not related.

Since I have "southern heritage" (whatever the hell that means) I prefer to weigh in on C-ville. It hits closer to home. I understand it. I understand white racism.

Finally, if you think no one is trying to deal with Chicago's problem you are not paying attention.

08/22/2017 10:41 AM

tpapablo

White people are going to have to speak out against the radical alt-white terrorists. See something, say something. We can't begin to trust you people unless we see you take a stand against the terrorists. Law enforcement? Couldn't same be said about Chicago? Attacks by progs? No way, you've made it clear that progs are effeminate pajama boys who couldn't possible harm the descent christian alpha male warrior culture of white America.

We have. We voted for the law and order candidate, as opposed to the let all the criminals out of jail candidate. Actions speak louder than words.

08/22/2017 10:51 AM

RustyTruck

Law and order candidate who's under investigation and considering a pardon for a known xenophobe convicted for violation of a federal judge's order?

Actions speak louder than words indeed. But your hearing aide is turned off.

@Foamy- I'm trolling Pablo, this isn't about you; but while you're at it do you think the murders in Chicago are racially motivated? Is it black people who hate black people? And other black people have a special responsibility as black people to demonstrate public concern to your satisfaction? When white people commit crimes do you personally feel a special responsibility as a white person to publicly express your concern? Or are you privileged such that crimes committed by your race are just crimes, and crimes committed by another race are ________ crime?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/22/2017 10:51 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Law and order candidate - LMFAO!! Holee shit, where do you do stand-up? Thanks for the laughs!

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/22/2017 11:29 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

The police removed the kingpins, which created a vacuum.
Law enforcement realizes the mistake

Do you ever read what you write...

Police arrested the leaders and now realize it was a mistake??? So you believe the leaders of the criminal enterprise should be left in place to lead their gangs so that the gangs don't kill each other???

The point is that statues in town squares don't kill.... guns and vans kill and we should be focusing on getting rid of guns, rental vans and according to you freeing gang leaders...

Has Trump done anything about Chicago in the last 6 months??? How about the previous 8 fricken years??? or was Obama the cause of the violence because he arrested all the kingpins???

Wait a minute, Cole says arresting the leaders caused the violence, you say institutionalized racism caused the violence... I guess together you are saying that arresting the leaders of the gangs WAS RACIST???

Yeah his dope supply got interrupted
 08/22/2017 11:29 AM

foam ball

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

You wouldn't bring this up at all if it weren't for Charlottesville. This is misdirection. Let's discuss C-ville, sure. Or Chicago. But not in the same sitting; they are not related.

Since I have "southern heritage" (whatever the hell that means) I prefer to weigh in on C-ville. It hits closer to home. I understand it. I understand white racism.

Finally, if you think no one is trying to deal with Chicago's problem you are not paying attention.

Sure I brought this up in part due to Charlottesville, but it was not intended to misdirect, that's why I made a separate post specific to the issue in Chicago. My point is that blacks are dying at the hands of other blacks ten fold, but this issue isn't convenient or helpful to talk about since it contradicts much of narrative of the left. You don't see this topic on the mainstream media, they want to sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist.

Answer this for me. Is a black life lost at the hands of another black person any less painful or traumatic then if they were killed by someone of a different race? It sure seems so in this instance.

The white terrorism as Rusty put it from the alt right has been blown out of proportion to be a common enemy to unite against. Sure they are disgusting and repulsive, they don't belong in our society. Through August there been 2443 shootings in Chicago. How many black people have been killed by neo-nazis this year? The numbers don't support what the media wants you to believe is true.

08/22/2017 11:37 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

The media is covering this, but it has been ongoing.

It contradicts nothing. Narrative? LOL. The issues are unrelated. Talk about C-ville or this, but not together.

We are talking about the spectre of oppression of one race by another, not street crime. Different things, different contexts, different feelings.

The white supremacists are just the worst, if short-lived, symptoms. As black folk I know have said, the real problem is not C-ville, it's institutional racism. But we can't even talk about that yet (speaking of something that is ACTUALLY under the radar of the MSM) and which you guys think does not exist at all.

08/22/2017 11:46 AM

RustyTruck

Dear Caucasian Brethren,

I decided to sit down and write this letter to you because every time I try to have a nuanced conversation with you, I am interrupted by the same shrill refrain. Here is an excerpt from every conversation when I ask you to help me find a solution to a problem:

Us: Black Lives Matter seeks to end the abuse by the state against -

You: First, your people need to address black-on-black crime!

Us: Let's discuss the inequities in education, employment, housing -

You: Let's talk about black-on-black crime!!!

Us: It looks like the Zika virus is spreading to -

You: It's not spreading as fast as black-on-black crime!

Us: Have you seen this black woman who went missing?

You: She probably took a wrong turn in y'all's black-on-black crime and got lost.

Look, I understand your reluctance to discuss the problems. I know it feels accusatory. I know it seems like we try to pile all the problems of society and black people on your doorstep and make them your fault. Trust me - that's not what we are trying to do.

What is your fixation with black-on-black crime? You repeatedly being it up as if black people aren't aware of violence in our communities. Contrary to what you apparently hypothesize at the secret, global white-people meetings after you share banana-bread recipes and Pinterest posts, black people aren't home cabbage-patching and clanking together Champagne glasses filled with grape Kool-Aid every time another black man falls victim to a violent crime by someone of the same race. It bothers us, too, but here is the thing:

There is no such thing as black-on-black crime.

I will concede that black people do commit crimes against other black people. I will even concede that white people commit violence against other white people more than we do - but not by much.

Almost every day, an advocate of the alt-right (pronounced "nee-yo not-zee") sends me a hate-filled email diatribe on how lazy, shiftless black people are ruining America. The cornerstone of their argument rests on the statistic that 90 percent of black people who are murdered are murdered by other blacks. That fact would give me pause or make me feel ashamed if I didn't know that the same 2013 FBI report (the latest year for which statistics are available) goes on to say that 83 percent of white victims of murder were killed by white people.

Not surprisingly, the Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that most people who are victims of violent crime are victimized by someone they know. In fact, almost every study ever done shows that crime is a socioeconomic phenomenon. Another Bureau of Justice Statistics report explicitly states that between 2008 and 2012, "Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000)."

There is no such thing as "black-on-black crime" - just crime.

That's right. White people kill white people. Black people kill black people. I know what you're thinking: Yes, but black people do so disproportionately. You're right - even though white people commit most violent crimes (which means that because of the raw numbers, if we had a choice between eliminating white-on-white crime or black-on-black crime, confronting white-on-white crime would pay far greater dividends).

So, my unmelanated friends, maybe the question should be: Why are so many more blacks poor?

There is a definitive answer. Either the black people who worked for free to build this country, and on whose knowledge all Western mathematics, astronomy and science rest, are genetically lazier and dumber, or, alternatively, it is the result of systemic discrimination in financing, unequal employment, disparities in home lending, segregation in education, and the fact that every law, opportunity and constitutional right was not available to black people until 50 years ago.

Nah, it's probably the lazy thing.

But here is the thing we'd like to know:

Why you always gotta bring it up? Why is black-on-black crime your go-to retort for any exploration into anything that has to do with race? What does Black Lives Matter's goal to curb violence by the state have to do with black-on-black crime? Does the word "Lives" in the name of the movement confuse you? Is that why you're obsessed? You're confused because "Black Lives" is right there in the title? If so, I need to reveal a few other things to you:

Despite its misleading, lying-ass name, I didn't see one money plant when I shopped at the Dollar Tree.
Beyoncé's newest album isn't actually about mixing lemon juice with water and sugar.
Unfortunately, Captain America is not actually the captain of America.
Again, I want to say that black people don't like crime, either. "Stop the violence" has been a chorus sung in black communities since KRS-One made "Self Destruction" in 1989, and no, KRS-One is not one of the lesser-known robots from the Star Wars movies. Just trust me, we've been singing, rapping, marching, protesting and holding vigils against violence in black communities for years. The number of people of color working against crime in black neighborhoods far outnumbers the people involved in Black Lives Matter.

I'm sure you didn't know that. Why would you? I know your privilege has hypnotized you into believing that we should file a summary report with the white-people recording secretary before we make any moves, but there is no reason that the white populace would ever hear black people talking to black people about their actions toward black people. To put it into its most infantile form, this was an A-B conversation ...

Before I wrap this up, I should inform you that in exchange for you dropping your constant chorus, we'd like to extend a hand toward reconciliation among the races. We'd like to unite and offer you some of the best things we have to offer. Maybe we could give you guys some potato salad recipes, some tips on seasoning food, or teach you how we made it through 400 years of soul-crushing oppression and still managed to smile and dance. We know your people have struggled lately with all of the school shootings, terrorism, Taylor Swift feuding with Kim Kardashian, Donald Trump's fake schools and Hillary Clinton's deleted emails. We know exactly how to solve all these problems, and we are willing to help ...

But first y'all need to do something about this white-on-white crime.

Sincerely,

All of Us

P.S.: I hope you like the stationery. I found it on Pinterest.

http://www.theroot.com/open-le...-with-black-1790856298

08/22/2017 02:13 PM

foam ball

When white people kill white people it's called murder. When black people kill white people it's called murder. When black people kill black people it's called murder. When white people kill black people it is racially motivated neo Nazis hate driven white terrorism. If white people had a white people matter movement that was put in gear anytime a black person killed a white person, while the whites were busy on the side killing each other by the thousands black folks would think white people are crazy.
 08/22/2017 02:14 PM

foam ball

https://thinkprogress.org/chicagos-former-top-cop-blames-city-murder-rate-on-black-lives-matter-bf7b4f1a92c8/
 08/22/2017 02:26 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Law and order candidate who's under investigation and considering a pardon for a known xenophobe convicted for violation of a federal judge's order? Actions speak louder than words indeed. But your hearing aide is turned off. @Foamy- I'm trolling Pablo, this isn't about you; but while you're at it do you think the murders in Chicago are racially motivated? Is it black people who hate black people? And other black people have a special responsibility as black people to demonstrate public concern to your satisfaction? When white people commit crimes do you personally feel a special responsibility as a white person to publicly express your concern? Or are you privileged such that crimes committed by your race are just crimes, and crimes committed by another race are ________ crime?

Thanks for reminding me. Where is that "Trump is going down" thread?

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Shootings in Chicago

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .