Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bannon
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/17/2017 05:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2017 01:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Guys, be careful.. Tpatroll might sue you for calling him names.. just check that last post.

Teebird- was that a Johnny Quest reference?

-------------------------

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 08/18/2017 02:01 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: fishkller Guys, be careful.. Tpatroll might sue you for calling him names.. just check that last post. Teebird- was that a Johnny Quest reference?

I said that I wouldn't sue anyone for that. The way I look at it is if I have people calling me names, I have won. So have at me.

I am going no place gentlemen, except when I retire, at which time I will come to Brevard to live full time.

I :heart; Q
 08/18/2017 05:43 PM

fishkller

The way I look at it is if I have people calling me names, I have won.

Well, I suppose its cheaper than a Dominatrix

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 08/18/2017 05:54 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: fishkller Guys, be careful.. Tpatroll might sue you for calling him names.. just check that last post. Teebird- was that a Johnny Quest reference?

Of course. But it's Pence's nickname.

08/18/2017 06:02 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I listened to Kasich at the bookstore in Vero not long ago.  Probably should have bought his book.  

08/18/2017 06:31 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking

Rusty, I agree Kassich was my 1st choice

Mine too after Bernie got screwed.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/18/2017 06:36 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Karma He knew what he was doing. A guy who runs a media entity does not just call up a journalist and have a friendly conversation. He's getting his "message" out there in a way such that he can pretend is was unintentional, in hopes to lend credence to the statements. Dumb like a fox, as they say.

His message was spot on regarding national security and identity politics versus economic populism. He and Trump will use the charade of economic nationalism and their anti-identity-politics dog whistle propaganda to keep the working class Ohio/WVA set voting for more screwing.

Bannon isn't fired. He's just been re-purposed. He's a lot more useful spinning the narrative at Breitbart if FOX isn't going to carry Trump's water anymore.

08/18/2017 07:50 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Just curious which of his nom de lames really annoys him
Isit *********. or maybe ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿....
such a tired weak target for humiliation. what first amendment? for calling him a:-$ :-$ :-$ :-)) :-)) :-)) :~ :~ :~ .
since his nazzi budds can say whatever traitorous and criminally racist violence chumpf dirt they want?

Id love to see the look on the judges face......isgust;

It's a democratic hoax
 08/18/2017 08:36 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Fuck Bannon and all the damage he has done to our country.
 08/18/2017 09:09 PM

fishkller

Scombrid is probably right- but then again, thats the smart, logical thing to do, so...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 08/19/2017 05:30 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I said that I wouldn't sue anyone for that. The way I look at it is if I have people calling me names, I have won. So have at me.

I am going no place gentlemen, except when I retire, at which time I will come to Brevard to live full time.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/19/2017 05:36 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: Cosmicviking Rusty, I agree Kassich was my 1st choice

Mine too after Bernie got screwed.
Sometimes I ponder about how pleasantly boring a President Kasich administration would be.
 08/19/2017 05:50 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Kasich is a practical conservative that got almost zero traction in the Republican primary race.
That's not who Republicans are anymore. That's not who you voted for.
You own this mess, you picked this piece of shit.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/19/2017 05:53 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/19/2017 06:45 AM

DaveFL76

Originally posted by: WG Kasich is a practical conservative that got almost zero traction in the Republican primary race. That's not who Republicans are anymore. That's not who you voted for. You own this mess, you picked this piece of shit.
I think it goes back to having 17 contenders, with 16 of them being nearly the same.

If the question is: What is your favorite Fruit?
- McIntosh Apple
- Red Delicious Apple
- Golden Delicious Apple
- Fuji Apple
- Granny Smith Apple
- Gala Apple
- Banana

Guess what? The banana is going to win.

08/19/2017 06:49 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: DaveFL76
Originally posted by: WG Kasich is a practical conservative that got almost zero traction in the Republican primary race. That's not who Republicans are anymore. That's not who you voted for. You own this mess, you picked this piece of shit.
I think it goes back to having 17 contenders, with 16 of them being nearly the same. If the question is: What is your favorite Fruit? - McIntosh Apple - Red Delicious Apple - Golden Delicious Apple - Fuji Apple - Granny Smith Apple - Gala Apple - Banana Guess what? The banana is going to win.
Unfortunately we got the lemon.
 08/19/2017 06:53 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

So, Darth Bannon has left the Death Star?

That took longer than I thought.

(Dave, should have used an orange in place of banana for that example!  BTW - I did vote for Kasich in the primary.  The 2016 election was a reality TV show, and we got a reality TV personality as a result.)

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/19/2017 06:58 AM

DaveFL76

That's a good point, Bamboo. I did intentionally leave off the Honeycrisp Apple so as to not skew results. The honeycrisp is clearly king of the apples.
 08/19/2017 07:13 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

But let's not forget trump's promise to make us sick of so much winning. Tpap has now said he is winning when he gets called names. He is probably now the only trump supporter that will be sick of winning. Way to make lemonade dumb dumb. Did you see what I did there? More winning for you.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/19/2017 08:29 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: DaveFL76
I think it goes back to having 17 contenders, with 16 of them being nearly the same.

Statistically, that is spot-on.

As a guy who voted for Kasich in the primaries, it still saddens me that he couldn't run in a centrist / independent party.

Bernie, not a Democrat, ran as a Dem because it was his only way to even be in the news or have a shot in the November election.

Trump, not a Republican, did the same (ran in a major party with a guaranteed slot in November, debates funded by the PCoD, and all the free TV coverage that goes with it). Absent Trump, the Reps would have gone as far right as possible with Ted Cruz.

The absence of a viable third party (largely due to being ignored by major media) means a large portion of the country will go to the polls just to keep someone out, rather than vote for the candidate they really want.

A legitimately covered third party, especially combined with ranked-choice voting, would put a centrist in office every time.

Even though the Dems started with only 5 big names, it was obvious from watching the first debate that James Webb was too much of a centrist to survive the Dem primaries. And sure enough, he was the first one to drop out.

I would have supported a Kasich/Webb or Webb/Kasich ticket over every other possible combination of the offerings we had (although I liked Gary Johnson's ideas and attitude, and William Weld's experience and intellect).

Gary Johnson tried to portray the Libertarian Party as being "in between" Dems and Repubs, but that did not make them truly centrist; i.e., they might lie between R and D on a 1-axis, left/right spectrum, but on 2 axes (social and fiscal), they really just occupy another extreme: the corner between the two mainstream, diagonal opposites.

Kasich+Webb would have been like a nice cluster of darts centered around the bullseye of America.

Edited: 08/19/2017 at 09:11 AM by RegularJoe
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Bannon

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .