Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Confederate Flag: ' Merican Swastika
Topic Summary: Imagine if Nazis said; its History, not hate..
Created On: 08/14/2017 07:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/15/2017 12:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: daner

It doesn't matter what the Civil war was fought for. Many (most) who fly this flag, or display it in any form in public are doing it for one reason. To dis blacks and instill fear in blacks.

No, I don't think that is accurate at all. It is way more about southern pride to most.
 08/15/2017 12:39 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Those who adopted the crucifix as a symbol of their beliefs have committed more acts of slavery, genocide, misogyny, rape, and torture than the swastika and the confederate flag combined. In fact, it isn't even remotely close. "

That's true because
1. They have had several thousands of years to get to it vs only 150
2. The confederates were a subset of the same sort of folks. They went to Christian churches, talked about Jesus, then went home to whip and fuck their enslaved human beings.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/15/2017 12:45 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: miker

It doesn't matter what the Civil war was fought for. Many (most) who fly this flag, or display it in any form in public are doing it for one reason. To dis blacks and instill fear in blacks.

No, I don't think that is accurate at all. It is way more about southern pride to most.

Honestly that's just not very believable.
Some, maybe, but not most.

If that's the message ya'll think you are sending with this, you suck at communication. Because that's certainly not the massage most of us are getting. And that matters a lot.

When I see that flag being flown at some event that's not racist in intent, I'll accept that heritage is what it's all about for that person, but I seldom do.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/15/2017 12:45 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: miker Those who adopted the crucifix as a symbol of their beliefs have committed more acts of slavery, genocide, misogyny, rape, and torture than the swastika and the confederate flag combined. In fact, it isn't even remotely close. If we are going to try to erase history by removing symbols, then we need to start with the biggest offender of them all.
Again, apples to oranges. The cross represents Christianity, not a far right racial supremacist organization that committed genocide. Just like there have been extreme Muslims there have been extreme Christians. I personally see both Christianity and Islam as a current problem but not a threat like Nazism. Modern history has proven so.
 08/15/2017 02:52 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: WG

I wouldn't say it was all about hate.

But it was about slavery, foremost.

What else?

Money, its always about money
 08/15/2017 05:30 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You don't see many confederate flags flown on poles. Usually it's streaming from the back of a pick up or on some biker jacket. Its intimidation. Not pride.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

08/15/2017 05:49 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman Those fuck wads in Charlottesville carrying that flag most certainly had a different idea of its meaning. To them it is a symbol of their inherent racism. White superiority. .

Same can be said of the people that erected so many of the confederate monuments during the the early 20th century when the first rumblings of resistance to Jim Crow south started. The monuments were the chosen symbology of the racists asserting themselves against coming battles. 

08/15/2017 08:37 PM

miker

Originally posted by: WG

Honestly that's just not very believable.

Some, maybe, but not most.

If that's the message ya'll think you are sending with this, you suck at communication. Because that's certainly not the massage most of us are getting. And that matters a lot.

When I see that flag being flown at some event that's not racist in intent, I'll accept that heritage is what it's all about for that person, but I seldom do.

What do you mean ya'll? Don't group me in with people that fly that flag. I am not ignorant and fully understand what it means to many people. Still... my point stands. It absolutely is a southern pride thing to many rednecks.
 08/15/2017 08:38 PM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Those who adopted the crucifix as a symbol of their beliefs have committed more acts of slavery, genocide, misogyny, rape, and torture than the swastika and the confederate flag combined. In fact, it isn't even remotely close.

If we are going to try to erase history by removing symbols, then we need to start with the biggest offender of them all.

Again, apples to oranges. The cross represents Christianity, not a far right racial supremacist organization that committed genocide. Just like there have been extreme Muslims there have been extreme Christians. I personally see both Christianity and Islam as a current problem but not a threat like Nazism. Modern history has proven so.

Christianity committed genocide too. It wasnt extremism either, it was status quo. They killed far more people.

Where is the line in the sand regarding history and what is ok to accept and what should be denounced? Far more evil has been committed by the crucifix than the swastika. Why accept the crucifix and not the swastika?
 08/15/2017 08:42 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo
Originally posted by: WG I wouldn't say it was all about hate. But it was about slavery, foremost. What else?
Money, its always about money

Free labor six days a week was of immeasurable value. Especially before machines.

It also had to do with the position of the white worker.

08/15/2017 08:55 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: miker Those who adopted the crucifix as a symbol of their beliefs have committed more acts of slavery, genocide, misogyny, rape, and torture than the swastika and the confederate flag combined. In fact, it isn't even remotely close. If we are going to try to erase history by removing symbols, then we need to start with the biggest offender of them all.
Christianity committed genocide too. It wasnt extremism either, it was status quo. They killed far more people. Where is the line in the sand regarding history and what is ok to accept and what should be denounced? Far more evil has been committed by the crucifix than the swastika. Why accept the crucifix and not the swastika?
What? Did you not read my post? Jesus's mission statement was not that white people are supreme race. White nationalists, Nazis, mission statement is. So whatever you're trying to do here is just bullshit rhetoric. You can't compare bad interpretations of the Bible to the acts of a modern organization that burned Jews. Not a good argument. Especially when you're arguing with an atheist that probably knows more about Christianity than you and there is a shit ton of Christian Nazis. Sure A lot of killing was done in the name of god but I'm talking about a Hate group on American soil in modern times. Hate groups that have lineage from modern times (1930-40s), enemies we fought against recently, not the inquisition from medieval l times. We still have living citizens that fought Nazis on European soil. I'd recommend not trying to defend Nazis, doesn't look good for anyone. Makes you look like a sympathizer.
 08/16/2017 04:03 AM

miker

Except I am not defending nazis at all, period... ever. They are the lowest form of life and I have said so numerous times. I would appreciate it if you stop trying to tag me as doing so because you either don't like the point I am trying to make or simply don't understand it. So basically go fuck yourself with that comment. Seriously, I am a mostly white part black and part Cherokee man that is married to a Jew and I am a card carrying atheist that was formerly a Christian. Come the fuck at me bro with your nazi nonsense...

Also it is stupid to play the I-am-an-atheist-so-i-know-more-about-religion-than-you card towards another atheist that spent a long time and many years studying various religions trying to find an answer before becoming an atheist himself. Seriously dude, just stop.

With that said, we both can agree that modern Christianity is nothing like Nazis, however historical Christianity commits acts in any cases far worse than the nazis did all in the name of Christ. It wasn't some fringe element of Christianity either and trying to say it was shows a complete lack of knowledge of the history. It happened numerous times over hundreds of years repeatedly, all in the name of Christ. A smart man who can look at it completely objectively with the understanding of what and how Christian beliefs have impacted policy and the lives of people will also be able to clearly see how well meaning modern Christians have inflicted great harm in the modern world resulting in so many needless live that have been lost.

So again ....why is the crucifix ok but not the swastika? Why does society accept one and hate the other when they are both deserving of being decried? Rhetorical question of course because I know the answer... but my point is very valid.

08/16/2017 04:04 AM

miker

Also no shit that Jesus's mission statement wasn't that whites are the supreme race.... he wasn't even a white guy himself. Stupid fucking statement.
 08/16/2017 04:29 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I'd bet 80% still use the N word on a regular basis.

I was right.
 08/16/2017 04:50 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: daner It doesn't matter what the Civil war was fought for. Many (most) who fly this flag, or display it in any form in public are doing it for one reason. To dis blacks and instill fear in blacks.
Animals, all of them. Klan CLowns Make Me Sick To My Stomach
 08/16/2017 05:35 AM

miker

Any facts to go along with that or is it just bias?
 08/16/2017 05:37 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

No, it's just a flat out bullshit Coleslaw pathological lie!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/16/2017 05:43 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

You go find out and report back.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/16/2017 05:51 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If I went by the people I work with in Okeechobee, Clewiston and Keenansville, it would be 100%. I knocked 20% for statistical purposes.

Let's use this board as an example.

Tpap
Cranky
FK
Cheater
Johnny
Obx
somebodyelse

They all tend toward racist and defend the Rebel Flag.

Zeus defends it, but doesn't show the same tendencies as the above.

I was right.
 08/16/2017 06:06 AM

bus

Joined Forum: 10/01/2007

Originally posted by: miker Still... my point stands. It absolutely is a southern pride thing to many rednecks.

I live in SW VA, about a two hour drive from Charlottesville.  I am in the heart of the south (in regards to the Civil War anyway). I would say that it is absolutely a racist, white supremacy thing to many rednecks. My famalies recent experience, my experencies covering their events for the news, and just the commenst we would get for my Bernie sticker or Bob Marley stickers are my basis on this.

But, if by pride you mean their pride in hating anyone non-white, than yes, it's southern pride.

miker , you're right genocide was committed by Christians too. Which may be a big reason the uber-Christian-right doesnt call out these idiots...

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Confederate Flag: ' Merican Swastika

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .