Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sierra Club Protest Rally 4PM - 6PM at the Melbourne Airport
Topic Summary: Please show up in support of Mother Nature
Created On: 02/16/2017 08:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2017 06:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

..then why did Trump fire him?

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/18/2017 06:38 AM

Cole

And what happens when the next three go down.

Despite efforts from republicans to kill this story, it ain't going away any time soon.

I was right.
 02/18/2017 09:19 AM

MyCostaTrip

Joined Forum: 02/08/2009

Remember to come out today in support of our environment!!  When Trump says regulations on corporations are too restrictive, he really means that he wants to allow corporations free reign to make as much money as possible at the expense of the health and well-being of the average American Citizen.

So much for draining the swamp.  New EPA Chief Scott Pruitt is a shady career politician that has sued the EPA 14 times, and 13 of those times were co-filed by companies who donated large amounts of money to his campaign or PAC, many of them within a month of the lawsuit

-Devon energy donated $125,000 to Pruitt’s PAC, and 2 days later he copied word for word a letter written by Devon energy to his state stationary and sent to the EPA

- Oklahoma Gas & Electric held a fundraiser on his behalf and 6 days later Pruitt filed a lawsuit against  the EPA in an effort to block a rule that the company opposed

- Continental Resources donated 25,000 to his PAC two weeks after Pruitt joined Continental in filing a lawsuit against the US Department of the Interior

- Exxon Mobil donated 50,000 to Pruitt’s PAC, and a month later he wrote an op-ed defending Exxon when they were being sued for misleading the public about the dangers of climate change

Some other highlights of his fight against the EPA: Sued the EPA over regulations to reduce Ozone, meanwhile the American Lung Association has given ALL counties of Oklahoma an F rating for Ozone problems.

Sued the EPA twice to block rules restricting the amount of mercury dumped into the air by coal power plants.

Sued the EPA over safeguards for more than half of the nation’s waterways, including streams that feed into drinking water supplies of about 1/3 of the country

He has current pending lawsuits over regulations on methane pollution and the EPA’s clean power plan which will slow the impacts of climate change

www.mycostatrip.com

Edited: 02/18/2017 at 09:36 AM by MyCostaTrip
 02/18/2017 11:42 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Like I said...your POS EPA is DONE!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/18/2017 11:46 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

..then why did Trump fire him?

He didn't fire him!

Fool!

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/14/...security-adviser-flynn

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/18/2017 02:10 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Screaming at street signs again I see FishKommy..

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 02/18/2017 03:40 PM

Cole

Trump said he fired him, is Trump a liar?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16...tions-with-russia.html

"I fired him because of what he said to Mike Pence."

I was right.
 02/18/2017 05:17 PM

Fish Killer

He accepted his resignation.

If he was fired he wouldn't have given one.

Fool!

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/18/2017 05:28 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: MyCostaTrip

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover I just left the floor of the U.S. Senate. I was there to let you know that I'll be voting against President Trump's choice to run the Environmental Protection Agency. Ever since I was a young congressman, I have been fighting to keep oil rigs off the coast of Florida. An EPA administrator with such close ties to the oil industry is deeply concerning. We can't afford such a risk. I hope my vote will make you proud. Sincerely, Bill Nelson

Thank you for being a voice of reason and standing strong to protect Florida's precious natural resources.  We'll see who is on the right side of history...

He married a lib and became one for$$$$ ask him about that!
 02/18/2017 05:42 PM

Noworries

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

You do realize that every state has its own EPA. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm I think the locals have a much better grasp of what's going on in Florida than a federal agency in Washington DC. Every time there is an environmental issue in the state, the locals show up to address it. Your tax money goes into a black hole when the EPA gets a hold of it. Do we really need federal oversight when we have local officials that do the job daily? Think of how your tax money is spent and what will return the best bang for the buck.
 02/18/2017 05:49 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Noworries

You do realize that every state has its own EPA. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm I think the locals have a much better grasp of what's going on in Florida than a federal agency in Washington DC. Every time there is an environmental issue in the state, the locals show up to address it. Your tax money goes into a black hole when the EPA gets a hold of it. Do we really need federal oversight when we have local officials that do the job daily? Think of how your tax money is spent and what will return the best bang for the buck.

Scumbird and Coleslaw don't want anyone to know that....liars and deceivers...the both of them!

The Federal EPA has OVER 15,000 enployees!

Employees that cost the taxpayer many BILLIONS of dollars yearly!

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/18/2017 06:58 PM

johnnyboy

Where's your box of tilapia?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/18/2017 07:03 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

It was a good time out there today, singing songs and carrying signs. Well done Sierra club and women's march organizers.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/18/2017 07:45 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

You do realize that every state has its own EPA.

They're on the take from corporate polluters like big sugar.
 02/18/2017 07:55 PM

MyCostaTrip

Originally posted by: Noworries You do realize that every state has its own EPA. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm I think the locals have a much better grasp of what's going on in Florida than a federal agency in Washington DC.

Yup, states do a great job of protecting our environment.  Look no further than Rick Scott being in the pocket of big sugar and allowing them to dump nutrients into Lake O.  next thing you know the water is let out of the lake,  flows up to the Indian River Lagoon and you know the rest. 

Not only are individual states not in a position to regulate certain environmental issues that are needed at the Federal Level, but they do not have the best interest of ALL US citizens in mind, hence the need for a federal agency to keep states in line.

www.mycostatrip.com
 02/18/2017 08:01 PM

MyCostaTrip

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: Noworries Employees that cost the taxpayer many BILLIONS of dollars yearly!

If you are so concerned about federal spending wouldn’t it make sense to target the agencies that account for the majority of federal spending? How about targeting “defense” spending which accounts for over 50% of discretionary budget spending.  Don’t you think you can find a lot more wasted taxpayer dollars there?  The Iraq war wasted $2 trillion in taxpayer dollars, which is more than the EPA has spent since its inception in 1970.  I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have clean water than dirty bombs.

So you are saying that we don’t need a federal agency looking after large Corporations since they ALWAYS choose public safety over shareholder value, right???  Yea we don’t need a federal agency ensuring we have clean air, clean water, regulating pesticides, etc....billionaires and corporations will do it for us!

www.mycostatrip.com
 02/18/2017 09:20 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Invest in 3M. They make the best N95 respirator mask which will be a brisk seller.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/19/2017 07:54 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Noworries You do realize that every state has its own EPA. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm I think the locals have a much better grasp of what's going on in Florida than a federal agency in Washington DC. Every time there is an environmental issue in the state, the locals show up to address it. Your tax money goes into a black hole when the EPA gets a hold of it. Do we really need federal oversight when we have local officials that do the job daily? Think of how your tax money is spent and what will return the best bang for the buck.

Correct, enforcement of federal environmental laws is delegated to states that choose to have a state EPA equivalent such as our DEP or Virginia's DEQ. These state EPAs handle TMDL establishment and attainment, NPDES permitting, etc... However, states have to meet the federal standard and the federal agency is needed to set standards and make sure that states comply.

One state might be perfectly fine with its waste discharge. The folks downstream and/or downwind may be impacted. Rather than having states endlessly suing one another (plus the difficulty of say New York trying to sue Ohio because of the acid rain and prove Ohio's specific negligence in court) we have set standards for things like sulfur and mercury emissions. Plus, who the hell do you go after for contaminated tuna,cobia, etc... in federal and international waters? You know how the mercury got into those fish. Good luck naming defendants in a suit.

Then another layer on the cake is that states, like any level of government, can be bought. Notice how the Democrat senators from ND and WVA voted on Pruitt's confirmation. King Coal has not done much good for the people of WVA. It provided a few jobs over the years but it has mostly left behind a wasted landscape and diseased lungs. For a time it enslaved the residents and stole their land out from under them with the help of local law enforcement and its own private mercenary armies. It operated in WVA the way that Exxon operates in sub-saharan Africa. I don't think you can trust King Coal or the politicians that support it to take best care of natural resources in WVA.

02/19/2017 08:03 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Manchin is a corrupt idiot. That's his daughter with the Epi-pen scam.

02/19/2017 08:05 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: Noworries You do realize that every state has its own EPA. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm ... Scumbird and Coleslaw don't want anyone to know that.......!

I've lost track of the number of times I've referenced state DEP in thread in the past year. e.g.

http://www.2ndlight.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=169397&highlight_key=y&keyword1=EPA

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .