Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Best-Case Scenario for the Trump Presidency
Topic Summary: Sorry, it’s not impeachment.
Created On: 01/19/2017 11:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2017 11:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"The real lesson to draw from the nasty surprises of 2016 is not that populism will always win or decency always lose; it's that the range of realistic outcomes has widened radically."

"yes, there is a chance that Trump marks the beginning of the end of American democracy. And, yes, there is a good chance that Trump will corrupt the American republic in lasting ways. But there is also a chance that this scary story will ultimately have a happy ending."

What might such a happy ending look like?

read more of what Yascha Mounk thinks @ Slate

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/19/2017 11:16 AM

WG

I think he is both wrong and right about impeachment.

Wrong that it would increase the partisan divide, because for it to happen, it would have to come from Republicans, which would mean that they have woken up, right in that it won't happen because they can't change that fast.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 01/19/2017 11:40 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

"The Best-Case Scenario for the Trump Presidency "

You made multitudes of claims that Trump would NEVER be president.

You went on aud nauseum about it with proved polls, opinions from experts, articles out the azz about how he had NO chance at becoming president.

Now you think your opinion is some how valid on predicting anything going on after Trump becomes president?

Wow!

Fool!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/19/2017 11:40 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: WG "The real lesson to draw from the nasty surprises of 2016 is not that populism will always win or decency always lose; it's that the range of realistic outcomes has widened radically." ... "yes, there is a chance that Trump marks the beginning of the end of American democracy. And, yes, there is a good chance that Trump will corrupt the American republic in lasting ways. But there is also a chance that this scary story will ultimately have a happy ending." What might such a happy ending look like? read more of what Yascha Mounk thinks @ Slate

1. There is no American Democracy, there is an American Rebuplic. Please try and educate yourself and stop pushing this false narrative:

https://www.google.com/#q=is+america+a+democracy+or+a+republic

2. The only ones that are "fighting" the American Rebuplic are the liberals. If America "ends", it will be cause of the liberals, not Trump.

3. Who is Yascha Mounk and why should I give a fck about what he thinks? You letting other people for your opinion WG? (of course you are, you're a prog)

01/19/2017 11:45 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Best case scenario:

• Somehow Congress grows some and keeps the massive deficits from his spending and tax cuts from happening/getting out of hand
  • No war
  • His Supreme Court justices don't start repealing freedoms for individuals but do keep corporate freedoms in check
  • The legal system stays intact    

These things happen and we will be peachy

01/19/2017 12:08 PM

WG

Originally posted by: obx2

1. There is no American Democracy, there is an American Rebuplic. Please try and educate yourself and stop pushing this false narrative:

Probably among the stupidest things I keep hearing from cons. (you are in FK territory with this one)
We are a democratic republic.
We don't want to be a fascist republic.
(well most of us don't)

Oh, and this is who he is..
http://scholar.harvard.edu/mounk/home

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 01/19/2017 12:12 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Some people are unqualified to lecture certain others.

01/19/2017 12:28 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

These guys are so quick to turn against the whole concept of democracy when it suits them.

America "ends" when it turns it's back on the values and principles which have always made America great and a beacon of hope to the world.

When nationalism, selfishness, xenophobia, and authoritarian rule replace global leadership, generosity, inclusion, and freedom of speech then America is no longer.

A name might remain, but the flame will have been extinguished.

The irony is that it's been delivered to the brink by those who most loudly profess their patriotism.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/19/2017 12:49 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: obx2 1. There is no American Democracy, there is an American Rebuplic. Please try and educate yourself and stop pushing this false narrative:  
Probably among the stupidest things I keep hearing from cons. (you are in FK territory with this one) We are a democratic republic. We don't want to be a fascist republic. (well most of us don't) Oh, and this is who he is.. http://scholar.harvard.edu/mounk/home

Dude, you're the one, (or was it the harvard scholar?) who called it a American Democracy, not me. Had you (or the Harvard scholar) called it what it is, A Democratic Republic, (which is not a Democracy), than I wouldn't have felt the need to bitch slap you with reality.

01/19/2017 12:57 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck These guys are so quick to turn against the whole concept of democracy when it suits them. America "ends" when it turns it's back on the values and principles which have always made America great and a beacon of hope to the world. When nationalism, selfishness, xenophobia, and authoritarian rule replace global leadership, generosity, inclusion, and freedom of speech then America is no longer. A name might remain, but the flame will have been extinguished. The irony is that it's been delivered to the brink by those who most loudly profess their patriotism.

The irony is, its you libtards that are the most intolerant, un-inclusive, selfish ones who are trying to stifle freedom of Speech. For example:

"Trumps not my president" - Intolerance

"I'm offended because your religious beliefs prevent you from baking me a cake, so I'm going to force you to do it" - Selfish

"Take down your flag, it offends me and causes me to retreat to my safe place" - Stiffling Freedom of Speech.

Heres the deal, Trump is a douche, and his cabinet appointees are a fucking smack in the face to anyone who was hoping for change. Problem is, you progtarded hypocrites have lost any credibility in your criticism because the rest of America knows that you'd be celebrating if Trump had a D and the end of his name. Your words carry no weight because of your hypocrisy.

"Will you accept a peaceful transfer of power?" -HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

01/19/2017 02:05 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Best case scenario:

• Somehow Congress grows some and keeps the massive deficits from his spending and tax cuts from happening/getting out of hand

• No war

• His Supreme Court justices don't start repealing freedoms for individuals but do keep corporate freedoms in check

• The legal system stays intact    

These things happen and we will be peachy

Well obama did none of the above, so at least something different will be done
 01/19/2017 02:29 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: RustyTruck These guys are so quick to turn against the whole concept of democracy when it suits them. America "ends" when it turns it's back on the values and principles which have always made America great and a beacon of hope to the world. When nationalism, selfishness, xenophobia, and authoritarian rule replace global leadership, generosity, inclusion, and freedom of speech then America is no longer. A name might remain, but the flame will have been extinguished. The irony is that it's been delivered to the brink by those who most loudly profess their patriotism.

The irony is, its you libtards that are the most intolerant, un-inclusive, selfish ones who are trying to stifle freedom of Speech. For example:

"I'm offended because your religious beliefs prevent you from baking me a cake, so I'm going to force you to do it" - Selfish

"Take down your flag, it offends me and causes me to retreat to my safe place" - Stiffling Freedom of Speech.

Heres the deal, Trump is a douche, and his cabinet appointees are a fucking smack in the face to anyone who was hoping for change. Problem is, you progtarded hypocrites have lost any credibility in your criticism because the rest of America knows that you'd be celebrating if Trump had a D and the end of his name. Your words carry no weight because of your hypocrisy.

Problems occur when you lump people and issues together, like your rebuttal to RT, you bring in some left field argument about flags...wtf?

One issue at a time lol

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 01/19/2017 07:05 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well you have us figured out. Enjoy the end of the America you grew up in. After tomorrow, liberals are the least of your problems. You're going to get trumped too.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/20/2017 05:36 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We want the Confederate flag removed because millions in this country see it as a tool of oppression.

You get pissed when a coffee store comes out with generic red cups at Christmas.

I was right.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .