Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Lester Holt spins debate for Hillary 6 huge ways, plays 'Gotcha' with Trump
Topic Summary: ...no bias there! none at all!
Created On: 09/27/2016 06:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2016 06:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Lester Holt spins debate for Hillary 6 huge ways, plays 'Gotcha' with Trump
By Dan Gainor
September 27, 2016

Journalists got their wish. Presidential debate moderator Lester Holt hoisted Hillary Clinton's campaign high in the air like Atlas. Holt repeatedly called out Trump, as both the Clinton campaign and the liberal media had begged him to do.

Holt reminded viewers he's liberal - from pushing the birther issue to harassing Trump about his tax returns to a wildly biased question about Clinton as "the first woman nominated by a party" not having "the look." Clinton skated by with a 15-second response on her emails while Trump was asked repeated follow-up questions while Hillary was not. There was no "deplorables" question and Holt promoted the birther meme without noting its origin in the Clinton camp.

Clinton discussed fact-checking three times, even imploring her media friends: "Well, I hope the fact checkers are turning up the volume and really working hard." Holt sure was. He dragged the debate to the left in six major ways:

1)      Jobs: Holt pressed Trump with two questions on how he was going to add jobs even though the first answer discussed renegotiating trade deals.
2)      Taxes: He portrayed the tax plans from the left - Clinton wanting to tax the rich and Trump "calling for tax cuts for the wealthy," forcing Trump to correct him.
3)      Tax Returns: Trump got hit hard with tax return questions for "business conflicts" while Hillary got a slide on emails, her hidden speeches and Clinton Foundation business conflicts.
2016 Election Headquarters
The latest headlines on the 2016 elections from the biggest name in politics.
See Latest Coverage ?
4)      Birthers: Holt asked a "birther" question that lasted longer than Clinton's email answer. He then added three separate follow-ups to jam up Trump.
5)      Iraq: He hammered Trump for supporting the Iraq War, downplaying how Hillary had voted to do the same.
6)      Hillary's Gaffe: When asked about biased policing, Clinton said, "I think implicit bias is a problem for everyone, not just police." Holt ignored it, rather than challenge the idea everyone is bigoted.
The New York Times said Holt "Opted for Restraint," and called him a "minimalist moderator." The paper liked some of Holt's approach, given the "news media tempest over how aggressively a moderator should fact check candidates." Still, the Times called it "a split decision" for Holt.

USA Today summed it up with the magic words: "Holt fact-checked Trump." Right-leaning HeatStreet called Holt the "third debater." Media Research Center President L. Brent Bozell III (Hint: My boss), said, "Holt failed in his role as a moderator. Period."

The news media have been shouting "fact check" in desperate cries for relevance. More than a dozen outlets fact-checked the debate as a result. CNN Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter, also of the Times, focused on the strategy Sunday show to target Trump. "Does a unique candidate like Donald Trump require a different kind of moderating?" he asked before being told, "No, no absolutely not," by long-time debate moderator Jim Lehrer.

Bloomberg TV, owned by left-wing media baron Michael Bloomberg, ran on-screen fact checks for its tiny audience. The Times "assembled a team of 18 fact-checkers," generating a 2,400-word fact-check. The paper even had a correspondent "watching for gender moments."

The paper pushed hard for fact-checking while it pushed hard for Clinton. Its official endorsement dropped one day before the debate - as certain as death and taxes. It's opinion page Twitter account oozed pro-Hillary headlines during the debate, such as: "What a fantastic moment, to see Donald Trump self-destruct."

Left-wing Fusion was worse, calling out Trump for "MANTERRUPTING HILLARY CLINTON." And The New Yorker complained Holt didn't attack Trump enough: "CNN LAUNCHES MANHUNT AFTER LESTER HOLT VANISHES FROM DEBATE."

Journalists have demanded their industry give up neutrality throughout the campaign. It's a laughable conceit for anyone who recalls Candy Crowley's 2012 bias or the 2016 CNBC GOP primary debate. Univision anchor Jorge Ramos turned from journalist to crusader with barely any professional criticism. Reporters might as well wear blue jerseys with "I'm With Her" on the back.

Back in August, Times media columnist Jim Rutenberg argued the paper had to sacrifice its alleged neutrality. If you think "Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation's worst racist and nationalistic tendencies," then "you have to throw out the textbook American journalism," he wrote.

By Monday, that had escalated into an industry-wide demand for debate moderators to attack Trump misstatements. As Rutenberg explained, that would "require the debate moderators to interject with the truth."

Journalists have skewered anyone soft on Trump. NBC' the "Today" show's Matt Lauer faced a "Storm of Criticism Over Clinton-Trump Forum" because he didn't play the fact-check game. Even "Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon was bashed for mussing Trump's hair instead of smacking him upside the head.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/27/2016 06:34 AM

Fish Killer

http://www.bizpacreview.com/20...d-cheer-clinton-394634

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/27/2016 07:03 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"I thought Lester did a great job. Honestly, I thought Lester did a great job," Trump told CNNMoney shortly after the debate was over.
When asked if the questions had been fair, Trump replied: "Yeah, I thought it was very fair."

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/27/2016 07:15 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I thought he slanted toward Clinton, but I thought Holt did a fairly good job. About as good as you're going to get with this crew.

I :heart; Q
 09/27/2016 07:20 AM

Fish Killer

Lester Holt fact-checked Trump on everything...but Clinton...Bwahahahahahah!

Debate Check: 12 Hillary Lies Debunked
Clinton's debate performance was riddled with mistruths that got a pass from Lester Holt
by Edmund Kozak | Updated 27 Sep 2016 at 7:27 AM

While the moderator focused on interrupting and fact-checking Trump, Hillary Clinton offered a litany of lies to the nation on Monday night during her first debate against Donald Trump.
Clinton's nose began to grow from the very start, as she asserted that the nation needs to "finally guarantee equal pay for equal work" for women in her opening statement. The notion that women on average do not receive the same pay as men - the 77 cents to a dollar myth - has been proven false repeatedly.
When confronted by Trump about her former strong support for the Trans Pacific Partnership, Clinton claimed that she "hoped it would be good deal." The truth of course is that she called it the "gold standard" of trade deals.
The fact is that it is already illegal to pay men and women different wages for the same work if they have the same experience. The 77 cents myth is derived from looking merely at average income accrued over a lifetime, and ignores the fact that men on average tend to work longer hours, often work in higher paying industries, and spend more active years in the work force.
When confronted by Trump about her former strong support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Clinton claimed that she "hoped it would be good deal." The truth of course is that she called it the "gold standard" of trade deals.

Clinton also advocated raising taxes on the wealthy based on the premise that they do not currently pay enough. "I think it's time to suggest that the wealthy pay their fair share," she said. The truth is that America has the most progressive tax system in the developed world - the top 10 percent contribute over half of all income tax revenue.

Bizarrely, Clinton claimed that "slashing taxes on the wealthy hasn't worked." Her comment implied that slashing taxes on the wealthy is why the economy is in such poor shape currently. This is an odd thing to say, considering Obama has been in office for the better part of eight years and has done anything but slash taxes for anyone.
When Trump said he wished to lower the corporate tax rate, Hillary said: "We've looked at your tax proposals. I don't see changes in the corporate tax rates ... you're referring to that would cause the repatriation."
Clinton and her team couldn't have been looking very hard, as Trump's plan to lower to corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 15 is written quite clearly on the economic plan posted on his website.
Taking time to remind the country that Clinton's success is due in large part to her surname, she asserted that "my husband did a pretty good job in the 1990s." Clinton, like all Democrats, loves to take credit for the financial stability of her husband's presidency. Of course, it was the Republican-controlled Congress led by Newt Gingrich that blocked Clinton's desired spending measures and balanced the budget.

Clinton also claimed that in being party to the Iran deal she helped "put the lid on Iran's nuclear program." But many said the deal guarantees no such thing. Indeed, it rests entirely on Iran's acting in good faith and upholding their end of the bargain.
When Trump defended the use of stop-and-frisk policies in New York City, Clinton attacked them as unconstitutional and asserted "it was uneffective it did not do what it needed to do." This is simply false.
"Data from the few cities that report police stops show their effectiveness," Dennis C. Smith, professor of public policy at the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service at New York University, wrote in The New York Times in 2012 .
"My trend analysis with SUNY Albany professor Robert Purtell found that the increased use of stops correlated significantly with accelerating drops in most of the major crimes. A Harvard study of policing in Los Angeles under William Bratton, when crime dropped significantly, reported a surge in stops by the L.A.P.D. [with per capita stop rate higher than N.Y.P.D.]," Smith continued.
Related Content

Perhaps Clinton's most egregious lies were two concerned with emails. "I made a mistake using a private email," Clinton said. Of course, Clinton didn't use a "private email." She used multiple private email servers. The word mistake implies Clinton didn't know she was doing anything wrong, a claim belied entirely by the fact that so many of her aides and associates pleaded the Fifth or were granted immunity by the FBI -  not to mention the fact that many of them engaged in the destruction of evidence and that she herself made false exculpatory statements.
Finally, in visiting her favorite Trump-Putin conspiracy theory, Clinton claimed that "Donald publicly invited Putin to hack into Americans." The truth, as is obvious from the context of his words, is that Trump was calling on the Russians to release Clinton's missing emails in the event that they already had them.
Clinton may have proven her ability to hold her own against Trump one-on-one Monday night, but she also proved her complete disregard for the truth and willingness to lie to the American people.

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/27/2016 07:33 AM

3rdworldlover

Trump can't handle the tough questions.
 09/27/2016 08:48 AM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

Cry me a fuckin river.

09/27/2016 10:50 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Hey!   The media created Trump by letting the sideshow go unabated while real politicians ran for the GOP nomination and now they are going to destroy him as a petty reality show nobody that has no business in politics. 

Seems fitting right?

09/27/2016 11:01 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trump was coked up and couldn't hide it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/27/2016 11:49 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Trump was coked up and couldn't hide it.

A president who will increase the debt and who uses coke. This is a prog dream candidate.

I :heart; Q
 09/27/2016 11:53 AM

tom

Tacit agreement?

It's getting rough when Tpap is joining in the Trumpbashing.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/27/2016 12:00 PM

MikeTech

Joined Forum: 06/12/2016

Fish follows Trump. Hilarious.  I guess they're both about as religious too. 

Lester Holt is a registered Republican. Fact (as you like to scream).  

Trump got spanked so hard he was sniffling all night.  

See you all next summer.  Have a great rest of 2016, and don't vote for Trump.

09/27/2016 12:21 PM

3rdworldlover

I don't know!
I think Trump came out looking really really, really good after that exchange regarding Obama's birth certificate.
Such an important issue for some of the most patriotic patriots, as seen here in NSR.
And yeah, Trump did his country a great service, by getting Obama to finally show us his birth certificate.
 09/27/2016 12:23 PM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

The loons on here will finally find out what middle america thinks of them.  Trump acted out like them and moderate america vomited.

09/27/2016 12:49 PM

MikeTech

Joined Forum: 06/12/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: johnnyboy Trump was coked up and couldn't hide it.

A president who will increase the debt and who uses coke. This is a prog dream candidate.

You just described Dubya to a T. 

See you all next summer.  Have a great rest of 2016, and don't vote for Trump.

09/27/2016 07:22 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

cheney: " hey little georgie. heres a doob and a six pack. go some place out of the way and let the grownups run things. if you behave and be a good boy, maybe a bindle." duhhmbya: " oookay yogi, err, president cheney sir".
oh yeah, and fish smeller IS genuinely stupid

It's a democratic hoax
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .