Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Zero convictions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/27/2016 10:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/27/2016 10:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

From the race-baiting POS AG and mayor of Baltimore, and these are the hero's of the DNC!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27/all-charges-dropped-in-freddie-gray-case-no-convictions.html

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/27/2016 10:10 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Like I said, police police the police.

Just wait for the civil suits.

But I agree with the ruling on this one. The prosecution failed because the charges were too severe. They took him for a bang up ride in the wagon, then took it too far and he ended up with a broken neck.

I was right.
 07/27/2016 10:10 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The hero of the DNC is Hillary. Zero charges after multiple republican witch hunts.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/27/2016 10:22 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Judge Barry Williams' thorough and dispassionate explanations of his not-guilty judgments in the cases of Officer Caesar Goodson Jr., Lt. Brian Rice and Officer Edward Nero made clear that the evidence the state presented was insufficient to find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The remaining officers' cases presented no substantially new circumstances or legal issues. Dropping charges in cases Ms. Mosby could have had no expectation she would win was the responsible, ethical thing to do."

"Ms. Mosby's decision has one other important effect. There is now no impediment to the Police Department's internal review of the officers actions. As The Sun's Catherine Rentz and Yvonne Wenger reported Sunday, officers from Montgomery and Howard counties are already conducting extensive investigations into the three officers who have been acquitted, and the process of evaluating the actions of the other three can now begin. Judge Williams' decisions made clear that the state presented insufficient evidence for a criminal conviction, but they by no means absolved the officers of potential violations of department policies. Given the inter-related nature of the criminal cases, Commissioner Kevin Davis might well have been reluctant to make a final disposition in any of the internal disciplinary proceedings for fear of prejudicing any of the future trials, which were scheduled to stretch well into the fall. Now he faces no such impediment."

"At the outset of these trials, the Gray family's attorney said justice didn't mean a particular outcome, it meant that the officers would be held to the same standards of due process that Gray was denied. Ms. Mosby provided that. Now it's up to the rest of us to produce the kind of lasting, systemic justice necessary to ensure Baltimore never experiences something like this again."

Opinion: Mosby was right to file charges, right to drop them

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 07/27/2016 10:32 AM

johnnyboy

I smell a rat. Why would the Prosecutor agree to waive their right to a jury trial in favor of a non jury trial with a judge instead of a jury? This case had more jury appeal.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/27/2016 10:35 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"After much thought and prayer, it has become clear that without being able to work with an independent investigatory agency from the very start, without having a say in the election of whether cases proceed in front of a judge or jury, without communal oversight of police in this community, without substantive reforms to the current criminal justice system, we could try this case 100 times just like it and we would still end up with the same result."

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 07/27/2016 10:45 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Progs with egg on their faces once again.

I :heart; Q
 07/27/2016 10:47 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

The officers handcuff a man with arms behind his back, put him into a metal box truck without a seat belt and drive off. This is OK? If they are driving and hit the brakes how is he supposed to brace himself, especially if the stop or turn is unexpected because the detainee has no view out? This has got to be a breach of some procedure, no? Typically when a person is in custody, you are responsible for their safety.

PS - I don't know Freddie Gray from Freddie Mercury, not to say he wasn't dirty.
 07/27/2016 10:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Everyone should be concerned when you're not safe in police custody.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/27/2016 10:56 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

When they're put in the back of a squad car that has a cage it's "watch your head" when putting them in then they are buckled up. When they are possibly DUI you sit them on the curb for their safety. I don't get what they did to that guy in Baltimore.
 07/27/2016 10:57 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: theglide The officers handcuff a man with arms behind his back, put him into a metal box truck without a seat belt and drive off. This is OK? If they are driving and hit the brakes how is he supposed to brace himself, especially if the stop or turn is unexpected because the detainee has no view out? This has got to be a breach of some procedure, no? Typically when a person is in custody, you are responsible for their safety. PS - I don't know Freddie Gray from Freddie Mercury, not to say he wasn't dirty.

Baltimore had just instituted a policy that detainees were to be seat-belted. Knowledge of that rule had not gotten to these cops. Moreover, there is an exception if putting the detainee in a seat belt would place officers in danger.  The best policy is to not get arrested. That's the policy that I follow and it has worked out fairly well in that I have yet to be killed by cops.

I :heart; Q
 07/27/2016 11:01 AM

Cole

The best policy is to not get arrested.

That's hard to do when you get arrested for doing nothing illegal.

I was right.
 07/27/2016 12:40 PM

crankit

Another coleslaw award for you!!

07/27/2016 01:50 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: Cole

The best policy is to not get arrested.

That's hard to do when you get arrested for doing nothing illegal.

What proof do you have nothing illegal was going on?
 07/27/2016 04:09 PM

Cole

They arrested him before they knew he had a small knife. What was the original arrest for?

I was right.
 07/27/2016 09:37 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: Cole
They arrested him before they knew he had a small knife. What was the original arrest for?

Was he actually arrested, or just chased, detained, and searched before they found the knife?

From NPR
- On April 12, 2015 at about 8:45 a.m., 26-year-old Freddie Gray made eye contact with police officers in his west Baltimore neighborhood. According to a charging document filed by police, Gray "fled unprovoked upon noticing police presence."

- After a brief foot chase, the charging document states, Gray was apprehended and police found a "knife clipped to the inside of his front right pants pocket."

I've already posted multiple times about how the knife was close to the illegal size limit (not super easy to verify in the field) and how the city of Baltimore has tighter standards defining knives as illegal than the state of Maryland.
 07/28/2016 05:26 AM

crankit

Don't confuse poor coleslaw with facts, it gives him a headache!

07/28/2016 05:31 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

There he is again...the pathological liar at his trade in full force!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/28/2016 05:37 AM

tom

"Baltimore had just instituted a policy that detainees were to be seat-belted. Knowledge of that rule had not gotten to these cops."

Barrister?  Really?  Since 2013:

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 07/28/2016 10:12 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

Don't confuse poor coleslaw with facts, it gives him a headache!

Fine, why was he "detained"?

Is it legal to search someone that has been detained?

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Zero convictions

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .