Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What do you think, Johnnyboy? White males at it again?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/28/2016 12:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/29/2016 12:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

ISIS hasn't claimed credit, but it was on the anniversary of "proclaiming the caliphate".  

Israel is right now resuming full diplomatic relations with Turkey.  It's a big deal for them.

In terms of airport security, Istanbul apparently has a system of multiple security checks, none with the long lines of people waiting.  I'm sure TSA and others have nightmares about those lines.  

06/29/2016 01:47 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

These macaroons don't realize or ignore the fact that the Turks are also Muslims.

It's Istanbul, not Constantinople.

Sorry brah no good on that one they are Christian too
 06/29/2016 01:48 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Its not a religion that bombs, kills and rapes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that subscribing to a religion that you don't abide by doesnt make the religion guilty of your sins, but small minds avoid complexity and latch onto simple sound bites and categorize the world as U.S. against them. We are good, they are bad, and what are our leaders going to do about if they have the best military in the world and the balls to fight? Stoking the fire that comes from the impotent rage of all the good God fearing white middle class is easy. Even a con man can do it. But therein lies the problem for the GOP. They have created the impotent white rage with years of propaganda. They have told their ditto heads that their religion is being attacked by godless liberals who want to teach their children that God is dead and homosexuality is normal. A bloated tax rich government looking to steal from the rich their money and motivation to make it. They have battered their base with the war on Christmas, immigrant hordes invading this country with terrorists seamlessly blending into their ranks, poised to poison every happy meal across the bible belt. The GOP fed their fans this steady diet of fear and presented themselves as the solution.

The GOP would make you safe, they said. But the GOP died a death of exceptions. Because their problems were manufactured, their solutions were nothing more than talking points and finger pointing. It was a con. Enter Trump, a man skilled in the con. He one upped the GOP and really fanned the flames. He provided more and better finger pointing. He had the balls to go beyond mere inference and actually say that Islam is the problem, and since Islam is the problem, banning Muslims is the solution. Its simple. The dittoheads have already bestowed the kind of praise upon him usually reserved for Howard Stern or Ted Nugent: he is saying what we are all thinking. Trump knows his audience and he says it early and often. Every time a bomb goes off in the middle east, he takes the podium to say just what the victimized middle class man needs to hear: Radical Muslims again. Radical Muslims is the catch phrase to rally around. He likes labels and catch phrases like little Marco, lying ted, crooked hillary. He knows that his catch phrases are for feelings, not thinking. I don't believe that Hillary could go three rounds in a twitter cage fight with Trump, but I think if warren gets in there with him, you might have someone that brings the fight back to him and calls his ploy stupid and designed for his stupid supporters. I would like someone to point out that Radical Islam is about as Islam as virgin prostitutes. I would like Trump to be held accountable for his total lack of ideas behind all of the angry feelings he has been surfing on and then twist the knife by showing there are no good ideas behind feelings he stokes. As for his need to have other people use his terminology, I would love to have him identify himself as a radical Christian, a Christian, or agnostic or atheist. Then I would ask if he counted his belief in himself as belief in God.

Read the koran counselor, you may want to amend your comments
 06/29/2016 02:57 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

How does the fact that they blew up other Muslims factor in the Republican talking points?

-------------------------
I was right.
 06/29/2016 04:30 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

iirc, after Muslim lives were lost in the WTC attacks on 9/11, I think others proclaimed it a worthy sacrifice, that the true Muslims were prepared to die for their cause at any time.

Of course ISIS has been committing all sorts of atrocities against other Muslims who weren't good enough Muslims for some reason or another. Anything that doesn't scream submission and loyalty to their caliphate is reason enough.

I presume those who were willing to live such a decadent lifestyle as air travelers, instead of living like cavemen, met their criteria for "sacrifice".

I'm certainly not imputing such beliefs to all Muslims, but those committing, funding, or encouraging atrocities on their behalf are lower than subhuman.

I assume that would factor into the Republican talking points.

Glad you got to use your R-word again today!
 06/29/2016 04:58 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Islam isn't going anywhere. You crusaders might fight Islam for 1000 years and you won't win.

But we can isolate and defeat terrorists if we're smart. If the past year of politics is any indication, I'd give us 50/50.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/29/2016 05:08 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

But we can isolate and defeat terrorists if we're smart.

Why don't all the major Muslim countries attack and defeat ISIS as a unified force?

Why aren't there "million Muslim marches" all over the globe condemning ISIS for the attacks against innocents both Muslim and non-Muslim?
 06/29/2016 06:46 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: theglide

Why don't all the major Muslim countries attack and defeat ISIS as a unified force?

Why aren't there "million Muslim marches" all over the globe condemning ISIS for the attacks against innocents both Muslim and non-Muslim?

They don't see them as Muslims, they see them as terrorists and murders.

Why don't white people get together and hunt down our mass murders?

I was right.
 06/29/2016 07:03 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

The first question is a reasonable one, but the answers are out there if you look and pretty easy to understand.

http://www.newsweek.com/isis-t...ations-stepping-299345
or
http://thefederalist.com/2016/...-wont-help-fight-isis/

The second question is just a low information rhetorical device of the sort used by that idiot running for President. While such marches are an American thing, not theirs, of course, Muslims are condemning ISIS.

http://www.beliefnet.com/colum...-isis-think-again.html

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/30/2016 05:15 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Why don't all the major Muslim countries attack and defeat ISIS as a unified force? Why aren't there "million Muslim marches" all over the globe condemning ISIS for the attacks against innocents both Muslim and non-Muslim?

While most Americans might identify with being an American first, the resident of a state next, and maybe a religion as third, most Muslims identify themselves as being a Muslim first and foremost and everything else falls behind that.

It is a different mindset and one that the majority of the people who have been raised in the U.S. aren't going to understand.

The Sunday that the news broke about the shooting in Orlando, there was a Muslim leader who spoke. His speech urged people not to jump to conclusions, it blamed the shooting on a gun epidemic, and it referred to the shooting as a random occurrence akin to a lighting strike. I'm not sure where this guy is from but I've never heard of lightning striking anywhere in the world and killing 49 gay people and 1 Muslim guy at the same time. This guy made many excuses, put the blame everywhere but on his people, and basically blamed it on us because of our laws. He didn't call for any reform among his congregation. His speech was laughable. It was horrible.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/30/2016 06:02 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

While most Americans might identify with being an American first, the resident of a state next, and maybe a religion as third, most Muslims identify themselves as being a Muslim first and foremost and everything else falls behind that. It is a different mindset and one that the majority of the people who have been raised in the U.S. aren't going to understand.

Not much difference to me. Flag worship is just as useful of a tool as religion for defining us vs. them to rally the useful idiots.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .