Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Makers and Takers: The Rise of Finance and the Fall of American Business
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2016 02:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2016 02:48 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://www.amazon.com/Makers-T...s-ebook/dp/B014BR46P2

" Thanks to 40 years of policy changes and bad decisions, only about 15 % of all the money in our market system actually ends up in the real economy - the rest stays within the closed loop of finance itself.
· The financial sector takes a quarter of all corporate profits in this country while creating only 4 % of American jobs.
· The tax code continues to favor debt over equity, making it easier for companies to hoard cash overseas rather than reinvest it on our shores.
· Our biggest and most profitable corporations are investing more money in stock buybacks than in research and innovation.
· And, still, the majority of the financial regulations promised after the 2008 meltdown have yet come to pass, thanks to cozy relationship between our lawmakers and the country's wealthiest financiers. "

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/24/2016 03:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Not to mention the brain drain,
Our best and brightest are wasting their lives writing code to manipulate financial inequities.
Their masters are getting filthy rich.
I guess that counts as "success" for some minds.
 05/24/2016 04:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Not to mention the brain drain, Our best and brightest are wasting their lives writing code to manipulate financial inequities. Their masters are getting filthy rich. I guess that counts as "success" for some minds.

Aren't they all crooks? We are probably better off as a society having them do what they were doing, as opposed to committing more pedestrian crimes like murder, rape and robbery. Besides, progs have a monopoly on those crimes and it would be hard for Ivy League types to break into that area. More welfare to pay for the rest of us.

I :heart; Q
 05/24/2016 04:51 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I saw an interview with the author on BBC, and the stats were chilling. This is all bullshit that we're arguing about when equity is sucked out of the economy without jobs, business, or industry. I think Karl Marx and Adam Smith would both say WTF? They didn't anticipate this.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .